Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5187|Sydney
On a good deal it can be roughly (and sometimes cheaper than) $700 - $900. Generally speaking though, and if you want a good airline, my brother has told me it'll be around $1,00 - $1,200, unless there's a good deal going. Think I could do better though.

Thing is it's of course mega cheap once you're there, so flights can be a bit arbitrary in that regard, in terms of dollar spend for everything inclusive.

Last edited by Jaekus (2014-04-30 11:53:36)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6690|Disaster Free Zone

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

oh wow.  how much are your flights to SE asia?
You do realise that Australia is a big fucking country? and prices differ according to place of origin and destination.

For example east coast AU to west coast US ~$1k
But west coast AU to east coast US is twice as much at ~$2k

As for AU to SEA,
Darwin to Bali is about $300-600
Where as Hobart to HK is more like $1-1.5K

Also I don't know if this is the case (in this situation) But in Aus everything by law has to be quoted in the final price including all taxes, fees and charges where as I know the US loves to advertise the 'base' price and add all the taxes and fees at the checkout.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

wow, that's around the same prices as flying there from here.  I can get flights to China/Taiwan/Thailand for around $700-$1100 with 2 weeks notice.  That's using China or Eva.  The last time I was out there I booked a few days in advance and I think I paid $1500 to fly via Eva Air.  It's gotten to a point where I know which Hello Kitty plane I am flying on based on the flight number because i've had to fly there so often in the last year.  I think i'll be there in 2-3 months again.  Suzhou/Shenzhen in the summer makes me want to cry

@drunkface.  Yeah, i realize your country is big.  Did you know it's just like the USA in that regard?  Trying to get a general idea here

and also as of last year, price quoted for flights includes all taxes, licenses and other fees.  So with the exception of currency conversion, it's an apples to apples comparison
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6690|Disaster Free Zone
Yes I know the US is big, so don't you see fairly large differences in price depending on where you fly out from, especially for the 'shorter' flights. Not to mention the day you fly, the time, the season. Their can be as much as 200% difference in price for the same flight with the same airline depending on time of year.

Anyway, ~2 weeks notice to Thailand with jetstar. How much notice you give is far less important then how flexible you can be on days you fly.
The cheapest flights in the next few weeks are.
Departing Flight
    Sydney to Phuket
    Wednesday 14 May 2014
    $349.00
Returning Flight
    Phuket to Sydney
    Monday 02 Jun 2014
    $317.75
Total price AUD
    $666.75

But if you have to fly certain dates it can cost.
Departing Flight
    Sydney to Bangkok
    Friday 09 May 2014
    $636.25
Returning Flight
    Bangkok to Sydney
    Monday 26 May 2014
    $466.44
Total price AUD
    $1,102.69

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard