Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
I was replying to Larssen you moron.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3444
any excuse to talk about yourself in the most flattering terms. no one cares you crank.
Larssen
+99|1879
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-b … reddit.com

Well there you have it uzi hopefully we'll finally get the fight that's been needed for some time now. I'm very satisfied over the fact that the permanent representatives voted by qualified majority to table this. They're all completely aware of why these clauses were included and what it means for Poland and Hungary -there's a fighting spirit among many of the remaining 25. Not every day you'll see them press ahead like that.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-11-16 10:32:47)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
The Netherlands trying to enforce respect for democracy on Eastern European countries seems as ridiculous as New Yorkers telling people in Texas how to run their state or vice versa.

Arguments that authoritarianism will spread from east to west by osmosis are probably as panicked and wrong as domino theory of the Cold War.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
Texans are afraid all the liberals moving in from out of state will turn it blue
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3444

Larssen wrote:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-budget-veto/hungary-poland-block-2021-2027-eu-budget-recovery-package-idUSKBN27W1W8?utm_source=reddit.com

Well there you have it uzi hopefully we'll finally get the fight that's been needed for some time now. I'm very satisfied over the fact that the permanent representatives voted by qualified majority to table this. They're all completely aware of why these clauses were included and what it means for Poland and Hungary -there's a fighting spirit among many of the remaining 25. Not every day you'll see them press ahead like that.
yes, well, it's about time these things came to a head. these countries are indeed challenging the rule of law and everything that the EU's model of 'liberal democracy' is supposed to exhibit best. poland's judicary is more stacked and more bias than anything in america's supreme court, at present. it's a complete sham.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711

RTHKI wrote:

Texans are afraid all the liberals moving in from out of state will turn it blue
Beto actually won the most votes of Native Texans while Cruz won because of transplants back when they had an election. I don't think Texas needs to worry about that since the only people I know who moved to Texas from NJ seem to have wanted to live out the stereotype of Texas that we have here (Guns. Big Trucks. No hipsters/LGBT. Freeeeeeedom)
lil_droo
+19|1486

SuperJail Warden wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Beto actually won the most votes of Native Texans while Cruz won because of transplants back when they had an election. I don't think Texas needs to worry about that since the only people I know who moved to Texas from NJ seem to have wanted to live out the stereotype of Texas that we have here (Guns. Big Trucks. No hipsters/LGBT. Freeeeeeedom)
Ya that's true. The Californians i personally know that have moved there/thinking about moving there lean right wing. I've heard some shit like "don't california my Texas" but it's not hollywood liberal types moving there. If anything these ppl can blame trump for making areas since he fucked a lot of shit up. Younger generations are mostly liberal anyways so that's why shits changing. It's inevitable
gang shit
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-budget-veto/hungary-poland-block-2021-2027-eu-budget-recovery-package-idUSKBN27W1W8?utm_source=reddit.com

They're either in or out, the mistake was letting them in.
This kind of thing is childish, linking money to agenda, probably another step in the disintegration of the EU.
Soon it'll be back to the french and germans spooning each other.

Why is the Eu taxing people to give their money back to them? If this 'deal' doesn't go through it matters not in the slightest to anyone.
Larssen
+99|1879
Dilbert you really have no clue. Money is always linked to agenda, and is a particularly strong means of applying pressure during a crisis.

As for your last sentence: your national and local governments tax people as well only to 'give money back to them'. I really don't see how a covid relief fund and an EU budget cycle are pointless.
uziq
+492|3444
lmao.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

Dilbert you really have no clue. Money is always linked to agenda, and is a particularly strong means of applying pressure during a crisis.

As for your last sentence: your national and local governments tax people as well only to 'give money back to them'. I really don't see how a covid relief fund and an EU budget cycle are pointless.
Can't countries just run their own relief funds? Not cycle it through the EU so the bureaucrats can skim their percentage?
Larssen
+99|1879
Look, the whole point of the institution is to find common ground among the member states. As you may know much of it started in agricultural subsidies. Then it grew into a wider economic union. The pandemic response, an issue that is affecting all countries, is an important common threat that needs to be addressed. Some countries, like Italy, had to suffer much more than others and will require greater financial assistance. It's a helping hand which allows the union to come out the other end intact and stable, which is in the interest of every member state. As you may or may not know, the EU also bought 6 vaccine contracts as a block, significantly strengthening the negotiating position of individual member states, also avoiding a free for all in the continent for vaccine deliveries.
uziq
+492|3444
dilbert 'i'm an engineer and we find the best solutions' seems to have a lot in common with jay 'every state should compete against one another for covid protection and vaccines because i'm a godbrained engineer libertarian'.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

Look, the whole point of the institution is to find common ground among the member states. As you may know much of it started in agricultural subsidies. Then it grew into a wider economic union. The pandemic response, an issue that is affecting all countries, is an important common threat that needs to be addressed. Some countries, like Italy, had to suffer much more than others and will require greater financial assistance. It's a helping hand which allows the union to come out the other end intact and stable, which is in the interest of every member state. As you may or may not know, the EU also bought 6 vaccine contracts as a block, significantly strengthening the negotiating position of individual member states, also avoiding a free for all in the continent for vaccine deliveries.
Great so forcing countries to change their political system or they don't get vaccine is what a benign coalition of governments does.

I'm sure the Franco-German euro-fascists would love to have the power to effect political change in a lot of countries besides Poland and Hungary, this isn't the time and we shouldn't be giving them the precedent.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-11-18 15:03:29)

Larssen
+99|1879
It's not the vaccine distribution that's tied to the rule of law clause. It's the coronavirus relief fund and the future EU budget.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Great so forcing countries to change their political system or they don't get vaccine relief money is what a benign coalition of governments does.

I'm sure the Franco-German euro-fascists would love to have the power to effect political change in a lot of countries besides Poland and Hungary, this isn't the time and we shouldn't be giving them the precedent.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
All of the Europeans shouldn't be lame like the French and post-Nazism Germans. At least let a few of them embrace fascism just to add some intellectual diversity to the European Union.
Larssen
+99|1879
IHungary and Poland signed many treaties declaring they would respect all sorts of agreements at the EU level. One of the most basic ones is on the independence and impartiality of the judiciary and rule of law, it is even an accession requirement. Both countries are in violation of that requirement.

What the EU is doing is holding them to account. They're not respecting their part of the deal, not even basic agreements.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
There are ways to hold them to account besides blackmail, boot them from the EU.
uziq
+492|3444

Dilbert_X wrote:

Great so forcing countries to change their political system or they don't get vaccine relief money is what a benign coalition of governments does.

poland is a country turning into a theocratic right-wing state ran according to catholic precept. they're trying to ban abortion, a decision which will put 100,000s of lives at risk every single year. why? because of religious morality.

this should be something you absolutely hate. but instead you're calling a quite reasonable EU 'fascists' instead. when, er, poland is actually a country courting neo-nazis and fascist tendencies.

you are such a waste of time.
Larssen
+99|1879

Dilbert_X wrote:

There are ways to hold them to account besides blackmail, boot them from the EU.
They can't because any sort of sanction requires unanimity minus one. Poland and Hungary are vetoing for eachother. The rulebook didn't quite foresee this happening.

So they have to get creative. Get it now?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

They can't because any sort of sanction requires unanimity minus one. Poland and Hungary are vetoing for eachother. The rulebook didn't quite foresee this happening.

Wow that was poor planning, all those smart people and they fucked up something that simple.
Larssen
+99|1879

Dilbert_X wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Wow that was poor planning, all those smart people and they fucked up something that simple.
Well that's what happens when a union of 28 insists on sovereignty and vetoes for all and as little obstruction to national policies as possible.

It's the story of the EU isn't it? Trade union without monetary union, monetary union without fiscal union, fiscal cooperation without political union, the ball rolls on because conservatives are a bunch of dumb cunts and will only learn after about another 100 years.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-11-18 15:23:16)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

poland is a country turning into a theocratic right-wing state ran according to catholic precept. they're trying to ban abortion, a decision which will put 100,000s of lives at risk every single year. why? because of religious morality.

this should be something you absolutely hate. but instead you're calling a quite reasonable EU 'fascists' instead. when, er, poland is actually a country courting neo-nazis and fascist tendencies.

you are such a waste of time.
Polish women are probably the hottest of all women in Europe. Most down to Earth white people in America. There have also been a few that have been very good to me.

Why do you want to exterminate the Poles?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard