uziq
+492|3423
your entire post smells like 2003. i’m almost nostalgic!

british people can’t get NHS appointments! migrants take housing stock! oh it’s so perfectly quaint.

look at the numbers dilbert. shouldn’t be hard for a scientist. link figures instead of tabloid articles about fucking abu hamza. ‘maybe austerity was in part because of the sheer number of illegal immigrants ...’ LOL. yes, it wasn’t a political choice made in response to a global financial crisis. we NEEDED austerity because of the sheer number of FREELOADING IMMIGRANTS!

Last edited by uziq (2020-11-09 00:22:01)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
OK, you tell us why Britain voted for Brexit
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3423
can’t you give figures to justify your hatred? is that such a big ask? linking to national pantomime villains (again from the peak blair era, funnily enough) is not good enough.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Dilbert_X wrote:

OK, you tell us why Britain voted for Brexit
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

can’t you give figures to justify your hatred? is that such a big ask? linking to national pantomime villains (again from the peak blair era, funnily enough) is not good enough.
I already linked Lord Ashcroft's poll which covered exactly why with numbers and everything.

Honestly I think your faculties are over-stressed, have a beer and relax.
uziq
+492|3423
i've expressed my view on brexit to bone-rattling length here before. i don't think it's because more than half of my compatriots are virulently racist. i don't think people voted for brexit because they're mad about abu hamza, a british citizen who came into the country by marriage/the commonwealth. islamophobia and brexit might overlap in a certain demographic, but they are not related issues. pakistani families 'claiming benefits in bradford' don't have anything to do with the EU, dilbert.
uziq
+492|3423

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

I already linked Lord Ashcroft's poll which covered exactly why with numbers and everything.

Honestly I think your faculties are over-stressed, have a beer and relax.
opinion polls are not reality. what the fuck? do you think the UK system was over-stressed with migrants because an opinion poll said so?

you do realize that people can get their opinions from a tabloid and not a table of statistics, right? there is a gap between perception and reality.

i think your faculties are in senescence.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Dilbert_X wrote:

Maybe austerity has in part been triggered by the welfare system groaning under the weight of illegal immigrants the European court won't let Britain deport?
I've put the key bit in bold, seriously I think you've been working too hard, why not go to the pub and have a few lagers?
uziq
+492|3423
how would i do that during a lockdown? you do know i'm not teetotal or abstinent, right? what are your weeviling little remarks all about? you don't like it that alcohol is bad for you? boo hoo hoo you poor thing. grow up.

austerity was a response to the GFC. a convenient excuse for conservatives to sharpen their knives and downsize the welfare state, sure. but the cuts to austerity were felt in places like public libraries, rural bus routes, council budgets, etc. please let me know what that has to do with a system 'groaning under the weight of immigrants'. cutting subsidized bus routes and underused libraries would suggest the opposite of a giant groaning population problem, no?

the rhetoric that 'people can't get a GP's appointment' is very out-of-date. my aunt is a regional manager of the NHS; most of my mother's side of the family have worked in the NHS their entire lives. please tell us some more based on your research in the daily mail how the NHS has urgently required privatization shock-treatment because of the *checks notes* huge numbers of syrians flooding the emergency rooms.

funny that the conservatives could quickly afford to build 20+ new hospitals from scratch when they needed to win an election, isn't it? but i thought the system was bankrupt because of migrants? strange how the conservatives have the political werewithal to fix these 'issues of concern' to your average bulldog brit when it suits them.

Last edited by uziq (2020-11-09 02:36:58)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

how would i do that during a lockdown?
oh yeah lmao
uziq
+492|3423
i don't have any problem with lockdown. it's midwinter. i'm saving lots of money and purchasing lots of gadgets and toys, like i would in any other winter.

have a biscuit. you're a grown man.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I need to buy some toys. Tanfoglio have a new 6 inch 9mm out, full length dust cover and everything.

https://www.tanfoglio.com.au/images/68LimCustomX2019.png

Might as well as I could be dead in six months.

Or I could buy a lathe and a mill and be Australia's last pistol smith.

Or I could do both.

Decisions decisions.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-11-09 02:45:30)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia
i can't for the life of me understand this gun fetishism. went to shoot a makarov a coupla times, and to - whatcha-call-it - shoot those tiny flying clay plates with a shotgun (that was fun), and i think i got just about enough experience with the stuff. i like the mechanical aspect of things, so i can appreciate people learning how stuff is manufactured and operates, but collecting those metal shooty things for the heck of it? bizzare.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
uziq
+492|3423
dilbert has never asserted his masculinity or used his balls for anything in his life. the gun is his little libido projector. pew pew!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't collect anything for the heck of it, my guns get thoroughly used, I've worn out several.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

Dilbert_X wrote:

my guns get thoroughly used
for what?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

Shahter wrote:

i can't for the life of me understand this gun fetishism. went to shoot a makarov a coupla times, and to - whatcha-call-it - shoot those tiny flying clay plates with a shotgun (that was fun), and i think i got just about enough experience with the stuff. i like the mechanical aspect of things, so i can appreciate people learning how stuff is manufactured and operates, but collecting those metal shooty things for the heck of it? bizzare.
It’s a hobby for people. Me personally, I wouldn’t mind collecting historical weapons especially ww2, because I enjoy the concept of collecting. Shooting weapons and trying out new things is also fun, honing your skills trying to get better at shooting. Good fun. I just need the time to buy myself a gun and practice, so many good options in what to get it is hard to decide what to get. probably will get an ar15 just to improve my skills with the m4 down the road as it’s what I am familiar with due to Army training and it’s good to always be ready for the worst to happen especially in the military

Last edited by War Man (2020-11-09 08:50:50)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia
i've no problem with people having hobbies, or "collecting historical weapons, especially ww2" - i don't, personally, understand the point of collecting stuff, but i get the historical or aesthetic part. what i don't get is people collecting modern guns simply for the purpose of collecting them - you know, when a person has two 12 gages - a pump and a semi-auto - and go to buy a coach gun. what could one possibly get out of that? an experience of reloading a double barreled shotgun doom-style? - well, rent the bloody thing and get it out of your system, why buy it? its just a bad case of commodity fetishism, imo.
uziq
+492|3423
a small number of americans collect weapons as commodities and collectibles, yes, but trying to explain it by (sigh, marxian) 'commodity fetishism' is rather missing the entire point. americans have invested a huge amount of psychic and libidinal energy in weapons. they are part of their psyche and as such form part of their basic feelings of safety/self-defense. an american wants lots of guns because they want to be able to protect themselves, mostly. that fear/insecurity has a runaway logic of its own. that's why suburbanites end up with gun cabinets verging on small arsenals.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

War Man wrote:

Shahter wrote:

It’s a hobby for people. Me personally, I wouldn’t mind collecting historical weapons especially ww2, because I enjoy the concept of collecting. Shooting weapons and trying out new things is also fun, honing your skills trying to get better at shooting. Good fun. I just need the time to buy myself a gun and practice, so many good options in what to get it is hard to decide what to get. probably will get an ar15 just to improve my skills with the m4 down the road as it’s what I am familiar with due to Army training and it’s good to always be ready for the worst to happen especially in the military
I am cool with people collecting guns. I like the youtube channel ForgottenWeapons and other war stuff. I could even dig cops (pig men) and former military people staying up to date with modern weapons. I come from a military family after all. I encourage my wayward student's to join the military. If you want to show off your granddad's gear from the Battle of the Bulge then that's super cool. The military really should be allowed to go to high schools and show off their stuff around veteran's and memorial days. I'm not a Social Justice Warrior.

I really do not like guns as a political/social identity though. I would oppose anything that expands concealed carry to my state. I'm going to think a person is crazy if they say they need guns in preparation for a tyrannical government or to prevent a communist takeover. Someone planning for a zombie apocalypse is probably less dangerous than the "Don't Tread On Me" types. And guns have no place at protest. Even implied violence has no place in democratic systems. The Roman Republic fell when violence became a common part of their political system.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3423
https://www.theguardian.com/environment … -claim-aoe

more austerity caused ‘in part’ by migrants, no doubt. a tragedy. too busy giving imams bungalows in ilford!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Shahter wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

for what?
Competition shooting.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/nov/10/natural-england-cut-to-the-bone-and-unable-to-protect-wildlife-staff-claim-aoe

more austerity caused ‘in part’ by migrants, no doubt. a tragedy. too busy giving imams bungalows in ilford!
So anyway, why don't the richer african countries allow free entry to their fellows from poorer countries?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

Dilbert_X wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

for what?
Competition shooting.
and that wears your guns out? including 9mm's?
okay then. sport i can get behind.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Worn out the barrel on a .22, probably mostly by cleaning, FAS barrels are quite soft.
Export grade IZH35s also wear out, the slides are soft and the breech face squashes, I finished one of those.

Otherwise any gun can wear out, even Manuhrins, moving parts wear and become sloppy.
Still, my 1974 Smith and Wesson has plenty of life in it if I look after it.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-11-10 01:26:28)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard