Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Thank you

Whats funny is that it is your highly educated and well-read heroes from the top schools, top universities and most worthy courses who have delivered Britain into disaster after disaster and are determined to worsen it.

Makes you think.
boris johnson isn’t well read. i don’t know how many times i have to tell you that actual classicists find him a phoney and a cringe.
And yet he has an MA in Literae Humaniores from Oxford.
Not sure how you can not be well-read and get one of those, it would be like having a degree in maths and not really knowing much maths.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3444
he has an undergraduate degree. any oxford or cambridge graduate can apply for an honorary kick up to an MA after a fixed period. i know that you know this.

he doesn’t have a postgraduate degree. he isn’t a scholar. he never published in any academic field.

reading a subject for 3 years when you’re 18, particularly so in his case, as a rite of passage on the way to a lifestyle of ease and plenty, doesn’t make you an expert in jack shit.

you try to make out that people are forever cast in a mould because of their undergraduate. you claim, variously, that it sets their entire outlook, personality/character, skillset, etc. it’s deeply weird and a bit of an idée fixe with you. it makes you look borderline neurotic.

you wouldn’t call a person with a BSc in mathematics or physics a professional mathematician or physicist, would you? you know full well there’s a great chasm between undergraduate and PhD level. and a PhD is very much just the prerequisite and beginning of professional-level maths/physics.

once again, johnson is not a humanities scholar. he doesn’t pass any muster with a classicist. he is not well read. memorising some latin and greek from your schooldays when it’s drummed into one every single day at matins is not that impressive. an expert it does not make.

Last edited by uziq (2022-09-09 05:34:57)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

People like Boris Johnson don't strike me as particularly erudite philologists. Imagine comparing all pilots with George W. Bush, who SuPpOsEdLy got into pilot school by scoring in the 25th percentile.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
Russia needs to stop fucking around and get some NKVD officers there to shoot fleeing troops.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Russia needs to stop fucking around and get some NKVD officers there to shoot fleeing troops.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ … t-kherson/
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

he has an undergraduate degree. any oxford or cambridge graduate can apply for an honorary kick up to an MA after a fixed period. i know that you know this.

he doesn’t have a postgraduate degree. he isn’t a scholar. he never published in any academic field.

reading a subject for 3 years when you’re 18, particularly so in his case, as a rite of passage on the way to a lifestyle of ease and plenty, doesn’t make you an expert in jack shit.
I'm glad we can agree that an MA from Oxford is worthless.

you try to make out that people are forever cast in a mould because of their undergraduate. you claim, variously, that it sets their entire outlook, personality/character, skillset, etc. it’s deeply weird and a bit of an idée fixe with you. it makes you look borderline neurotic.
What people choose to study at undergraduate level gives some insight into their character, more so for people who can study whatever they want.
uziq
+492|3444
erm, an MA in this context is a purely honorific degree. what are your next grand pronouncements going to be - honorary doctorates are worthless too? no shit. it's in the term 'honorary'. this is purely a quirk of the ancient universities' degree nomenclature; it was a custom in 1500 so they keep up with the ceremonial guff now. what does it have to do with the institutions' academic qualities, ffs?

oxford awards MScs, MSts, MPhils, etc, for actual academic courses of study. there are no MAs in the humanities: they are either MSts or MPhils, depending on whether taught or research based. these are highly worthy degrees. a 1-2 year master's course from oxford in any number of subjects or work-related disciplines will do you well for life. hardly 'useless'.

i don't know why you keep adopting this try-hard posturing over oxbridge. it makes you look hopelessly caught up and concerned with institutions that you should have put behind you, 30 years ago. we get it, you didn't get in. you went to imperial and imperial bases a large part of its nouveau identity on 'not being oxbridge'. i suppose that's the chip on the shoulder that a victorian-era mining college bears when confronted with ancient universities. it's cute but really no one cares. can you stop ranting about oxford and cambridge for one thread? it makes you look insecure. imperial is a very good school and i don't know why you constantly feel you have to denigrate everyone and everything else.

you come from a purely science-based institution but you feel qualified to talk down about other institutions' arts and humanities faculties. you have no experience or knowledge of such things whatsoever, and you can hardly be snobby about an area of expertise in which you're about as well-equipped as a high-school graduate.

in conclusion: oxford and cambridge have very well-rated postgraduate courses in the humanities. but boris johnson didn't study or conduct research at any of them. an undergraduate degree an expert does not make; a person is not qualified and characterised as an 'historian' or 'classicist' or 'literary scholar' because they got a 3-year undergraduate degree. you are talking patent fucking nonsense.

What people choose to study at undergraduate level gives some insight into their character, more so for people who can study whatever they want.
maybe; but just as maybe not. 18 year olds don't make the best decisions, particularly if they're pressured by family or society to take courses that aren't their first choice. and that's a very common scenario. plus, people's intellectual and career interests naturally change, dilbert. this might be alien to you, maladjust as you are, but people undergo personal growth. they have chapters. they take up new subjects, pursue further study in other disciplines, change careers – sometimes multiple times.

you put altogether too much weight on undergraduate qualifications. again, it's another thing that makes you seem purely unhinged.

Last edited by uziq (2022-09-14 09:03:37)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
It is something watching Putin, one of the great men of the early 21st century, reputation do a 180 in less than a year.

I am not talking about bungling the invasion. I mean...he has exhausted the 2nd strongest military in the world in a war that is killing his own people. Ukrainians and Russians aren't exactly the same but it is like America invading Canada and sprinkling mass graves all over the place. And only the Catholic Church is allowed to do that in Canada.
uziq
+492|3444
he's also getting dunked on by leaders like erdogan and national leaders of the formerly cowed soviet-turkic republics. they're making a big point of making him wait for their meetings now, whereas putin was infamous for the 'power play' of making other leaders wait around awkwardly for him to decide when to turn up. quite a sight seeing a national leader of a tiny central asian country making the midget putin in his ill-fitting suits look small.

the meeting with xi and china sounded a cautious, rather than a bellicose, note. perhaps china are biding their time and waiting; or perhaps they really are put off by russia's performance.

the most significant thing is that a number of metropolitan deputies in moscow and st. petersburg made an official request for his resignation. normal people can't protest or make loud demands like that, but the people in public office could do it presumably behind some sort of official anonymity. as soon as the metropolitan elites in the european half of russia start to get fed up with this war, putin is in serious trouble.

meanwhile, tv pundits on the state-media are trying to rouse the rubes and putin base from the provinces. lots of calls for bigtime escalation and 'showing the West what we can do' (as if they didn't throw most of what they had except the nuke option into the initial assault ...). lots of talk of declaring total war on ukraine and its civilian population/infrastructure (as if they haven't been targeting civilians, massacring villages, and bombing civic sites like universities and libraries to achieve the same cultural exterminatory logic).

kind of funny that they're calling for full mobilization and total war when their official line was that it was a 'special operation' to 'liberate their brethren'. how are you going to sell a total assault and bombing campaign against, erm, your supposed 'brethren'?

Last edited by uziq (2022-09-16 01:42:46)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Why would Russia want to escalate a war against a country with magical artillery shells that can spin around in mid-air and make it look like Russia is the one shooting a target?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why can't Swedes just accept Sweden is a muslim country now and not elect nazis.
uziq
+492|3444
so ... you're gloating ... that actual nazis are gaining a foothold in europe again?

over a tiny fraction of refugees and a minor spike in crime?

you're a bootlicking crypto-fash and you love the taste of their leather.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
i reread the first few pages of the thread and wow can't believe mactbeth called it lmao. i wonder what those people who thought "russia would never properly invade" think now lmao
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

A lot of stories went from how it wouldn't happen to how it was a surprise to actually no it was totally predictable. I'm really not surprised that people on a dead gaming forum struck out a decade ago. Not too long before that, experts predicted the US would fare better in a pandemic situation. Oof.
uziq
+492|3444

Cybargs wrote:

i reread the first few pages of the thread and wow can't believe mactbeth called it lmao. i wonder what those people who thought "russia would never properly invade" think now lmao
to be honest this was the default mode of thinking and a doxa even in international relations and war studies. a lot of complacency in our liberal-centrist era. we have all been guilty of it in some way or other -- if not russia than something else.

anyone who can scry the future correctly even more than 1/2 the time is sitting on a future nobel prize and a potential fortune.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711

Cybargs wrote:

I half called right the 2022 invasion too. I thought the Russians would invade but that 200,000 wouldn't be enough to conquer Ukraine. I expected they would just create a buffer in the east. If they had constrained the operation to the east, it might have worked well.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

so ... you're gloating ... that actual nazis are gaining a foothold in europe again?

over a tiny fraction of refugees and a minor spike in crime?

you're a bootlicking crypto-fash and you love the taste of their leather.
Its pretty well every country in europe though - no one wants your moronic 'multiculturalism'

Here is your minor spike in crime

https://bringitup.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/rapesinsweden1998-2009.jpg

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2017/03/01/11/graph-sweden-1-0.jpg?quality=75&width=982&height=726&auto=webp

Why can't Swedes just accept being raped?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-09-16 06:49:33)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

I dunno. Seems bad-faithy, dilbert. I don't know if you noticed but the dates on those two charts barely even line up. There's also a number of other data points you haven't plugged in. The upper chart doesn't even label the axes, and 2009 for the bottom chart is sitting at what looks like a low period.

Also, how many rape reports in Sweden are stamped out as unfounded accusations like in other certain, "civilized" western countries? Also in comparison, I wonder how many rapes in countries like US, CA, and Australia aren't reported at all.

What is the complete ethnic breakdown of all rapes in Sweden? Are we just looking at convictions, or does this include reported?

e: related,

When Sweden took in its highest number of asylum seekers in 2015, the number of reported rapes declined by 12%. At the height of the migration crisis, some 160,000 migrants arrived there - more per capita than any other EU country.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45269764
Looks like you fit right in with the nationalist SD.

Offshooting from that:

2018 wrote:

Sweden has passed a new law saying that sex without consent is rape, even when there are no threats or force involved.

The new law, due to come into effect on 1 July, says a person must give clear consent, verbal or physical.

Prosecutors will no longer need to prove violence or that the victim was in a vulnerable situation in order to establish rape.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44230786
lmao, only now? what was it like before?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-09-16 11:35:21)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
The most insane set of circumstances. There are three separate wars between former Soviet Union members taking place right now. Ukraine vs Russia, Azerbaijan vs Armenia, Tajikistan vs Kyrgyzstan.
uziq
+492|3444

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why can't Swedes just accept being raped?
nice rhetoric, very specious, says a lot about you that it's always the sexual aspects that really rile you most about 'multiculturalism'.

also factually wrong, as newbie has highlighted. sweden made a well-publicized change to its rape laws, essentially redefining the legal act itself, which is the main cause of the 'spike' in reports of the crime. it's actually a good thing that there's 'more' reported rapes: the law is working better at recognising victims.

but hey, any excuse to support nazis yet again, hey dilbs.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Erm, except its not a spike, its a steady increase over seven years, mirrored by a sudden influx of third world migrants.

You can spin it however you like, a nation which has been at the centre of social democracy for years has taken a sharp step to the right and gave 20% of its vote to nazis.

Seems like cultural suicide has failed the Swedes.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Offshooting from that:

2018 wrote:

Sweden has passed a new law saying that sex without consent is rape, even when there are no threats or force involved.

The new law, due to come into effect on 1 July, says a person must give clear consent, verbal or physical.

Prosecutors will no longer need to prove violence or that the victim was in a vulnerable situation in order to establish rape.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44230786
lmao, only now? what was it like before?
did not know that thought the swedes would have stricter laws, cos that's how our laws re consent is in aus for donkeys... it doesnt need to have threats or force.

our laws got stricter in some states, need affirmative consent now.

Last edited by Cybargs (2022-09-17 03:33:15)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Erm, except its not a spike, its a steady increase over seven years, mirrored by a sudden influx of third world migrants.

You can spin it however you like, a nation which has been at the centre of social democracy for years has taken a sharp step to the right and gave 20% of its vote to nazis.

Except your argument is actual garbage.

You are such a weird hybrid of insular, nationalist, white supremacist rhetoric "but I actually have quite liberal viewpoints (Trump is bad, never mind where I align with him!)" and "hang on while I check my oil stocks."

Sorry if you're just having a bad day because the local lesbian schoolteacher is wearing pants in class in front of impressionable Australian students.
uziq
+492|3444

Dilbert_X wrote:

yeah sure bro. i’m ‘spinning’ and you’re totally right that all asylum-seekers from war-torn countries are rapists.

now use some bad darwinian science to tell me why they have such a racial proclivity for rape!!! is it because they’re closer to apes than the white man???

you know about as much about sweden and their culture as you portrayed about norway in our fossil fuels discussion. that is: fuck all.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

I expect Dilbert has this mental image of a bunch of northern peasants being driven out of their burning homes by dastardly Moorish invaders while a 6'8 hero of Odin, in his helmet with the prominent noseguard, looks grimly on from the ridgeline. Blade at the ready.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Sdsticker.jpg

Blaming your country's problem on a miniscule minority, such an old trick in the book that I've lost count of how many editions it's been since.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard