Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
There is a process for coming to Australia.

People, including a lot of actual refugees, don't like it when people try to cheat the system.
Also people don't like to see 1,000s drowning at sea.

Now why don't you go and tell the Italians they aren't allowed to elect an anti-migrant govt.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3451
i haven't told anyone they 'can't elect' whom they want. i said ineffectual regimes of cruelty justified on shaky grounds of 'deterrence' are just that.

deporting people from the UK to rwanda is a mad scheme. even on ecological grounds alone. you, of all people, mr. green crusader, are suddenly claiming that sending people to the heart of africa on a jumbo jet is 'worth it' if it 'deters' some imaginary quotient of people? get a grip, dilbert.

there was a process in place before the headline-grabbing (and attention deflecting) rwanda scheme being cooked up by priti patel and bojo. the process worked similarly well, too. actually very few people who arrived to UK shores under the old scheme were given refugee status; the definitions were strict and the courts of law were upholding it. not that you'd know, as patel's home office were hellbent on demonising that same legal profession for sticking to their process faithfully.

it is an entirely factitious and cooked-up problem. and you talk elsewhere about gammons being led like gadarene swine by cynical and manipulative shysters in the Tory party!

i guess things like needless environmental waste and tearing up rational policy are fine when it comes to keeping your racial 'environment' clean.

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-25 03:40:20)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The Australian system has deterred about 100,000 people a year.

Rwanda is a bit stupid, I'd make it Scotland - they'd be begging to go back.
uziq
+492|3451
and for every example of a fraudster or con-artist in the system that makes your right-wing papers froth and lactate, how many aren't con-artists?

it's similar rhetoric and distortion as the trusty mid-2000s shibboleths about 'benefit cheats and scroungers'. or 'voter fraud'. literally <1%.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I think lactate is the wrong word.
uziq
+492|3451
i meant to pass milk from their nipples. as over-excited people do when they are sexually or libidinally stimulated.

meaning to suggest that right-wing cranks who are obsessed with migrant numbers, or any other number of 'culture wars' issues like abortion, are really just sexually constipated freakazoids.

i know what the word lactate means, it connotes milk. you know, like 'frothing'?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
OK well its never happened to me.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

If you were lactating I would suggest seeing the doctor.
uziq
+492|3451
men can lactate with continued stimulation of the nipples.

the image makes sense if you can picture the right-wing tabloid-mongers for what they are: a bunch of pedos and BDSM enthusiasts who dress-up as nazis at their private parties. the tory party, in particular, have long held an image of being prudent and straitlaced on the surface but full of sexual deviants behind closed doors. it has dogged the party since way before major's time.

another amazing stratagem by dilbert, though. first accuse someone of being 'self-medicated' whilst defending alcohol consumption, then attack an editor for their vocabulary.

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-25 04:41:37)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Finding a spelling or grammatical error in a book should only ever offer a fleeting "ah-hah" moment to young readers, and not generate a lifelong superiority complex. I remember being pleased when noticing such things in novels as a kid. Pre-college English was very focused on that, I suppose. Binary, right and wrong for a mutable language. Ha!

People should grow out of correcting grammar or spelling online already. Sheer spam, all the unasked for, unironic *comments in internet discourse from people who don't exactly have perfect writing (or diction) themselves. Just makes things awkward. Especially in person, where some personalities have this tick where they absolutely need to correct someone's pronunciation of a word like they're your parent. Throws a wet blanket over the whole conversation.

Imagine poking fun at Biden's stutters and misspeaks for ex, when you pronounce it "libarry" and "nukyoolar."

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-07-25 05:14:36)

uziq
+492|3451
i don't take any superior pleasure in finding grammatical or spelling errors. i do take a sort of secondary, satisfying pleasure in reading a book that has clearly been well-edited, though. it's the click of a well-made box, knowing that you're holding something that has been collaborated on by many people and produced to a very high standard. ditto printing and typesetting. i wouldn't do this job if i didn't find it satisfying to produce good, clean copy and well-produced objects.

i think i've only ever called out dilbert's typos when he's in full 'lol your brain is made of cottage cheese and you're dum!' mode. making elementary spelling mistakes or misusing words is generally a sign of low IQ.

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-25 05:30:14)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

where some personalities have this tick
tic*
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I know what I said.
uziq
+492|3451
https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v44/n15 … -declinism

savage read.

Stuart Hall identified this political tactic at the outset, in his 1979 essay ‘The Great Moving Right Show’, which defined ‘Thatcherism’ before Thatcher had even taken power. Hall diagnosed a new variant of ‘authoritarian populism’, which responded to the inflationary crisis of the 1970s (which successive Conservative and Labour governments had failed to alleviate) by framing it in ways that melded economic theory with a moral and cultural diagnosis of national decline. Panics over progressive ideas in education, the breakdown of law and order, family breakdown and excessive reliance on welfare were all stirred up as a means of authorising a new economic programme. A reassertion of traditional authority and a clamping down on personal freedoms were integral to the Thatcherite vision of a restored British capitalism. Renewed respect for private property, enterprise and hard work would serve to fix all of these social and economic crises at once.
remind you of anyone?

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-25 11:57:58)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
lowing?

Its been the same since history began.

I'm sure left-wing pharoahs promised everything, it would be summer all year, no-one would have to work, the rich would pay for everything and your sports team would always win.
After they were elected the weather wasn't all that great, people still had to build the pyramids, inflation went out of control and their sports teams won about half their matches if they were lucky.

This time round covid and the tories have given people the idea they can sit at home and still get free money, but it always comes to an end and its always unpleasant.

And it seems like only yesterday the Labour govt was joking about having spent all the cash and left the economy in a dismal state for David Cameron to sort out.
uziq
+492|3451
amazing that you demonize working people who are facing the biggest cost-of-living crisis in 70 years.

'they just want to sit at home and get free money'.

you live at home with your parents. stop talking bollocks about people struggling on the breadline. there are young parents in full-time employment in 'professional' salaried roles who can't make ends meet in the current inflationary/stagnating scenario. have you ever had to live with that sort of financial stress, being a eunuch who never flew the nest?

most free handouts during the covid great redistribution of wealth upwards to rich tory cronies and their mates don't even equal the proposed energy bill cap increase.

as usual, you are utterly clueless, made all the worse by your repugnant rhetoric.

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-26 03:16:08)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Can't they just get more hours, or better jobs?

I've lived with plenty of financial stress, thanks, at your age I was doing 60-70 hour weeks consistently.
uziq
+492|3451
Can't they just get more hours, or better jobs?
i sincerely suggest do some reading on worker's wages and job prospects in the UK market.

mckinsey released a major study only last week which stated that, overwhelmingly, most workers now are quitting their jobs because there is no prospect of advancement or a raise in effective salary.

I've lived with plenty of financial stress, thanks, at your age
how awful. may i remind you that every comparable worker in a graduate-level role under 40 years old today is dealing with tens of thousands of pounds of student debts, by default? "at your age ..." yep, as above, you are full of useless boomer rhetoric and very light on actual fact.

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-26 03:22:04)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its not my fault they elected a stupid govt.
uziq
+492|3451
wages have stagnated since 2008. it is an outcome of the financial crash and the massive bail-out of the ruling class to continue 'business as usual'.

speaking of which: imagine demonizing 'lazy shirker workers' for receiving 2x £250 handouts from the exchequer during an unprecedented economic shutdown during the pandemic. when their energy bills are due to rise by 150% this year alone, up to a cap totalling a £1000s of pounds increase. to say nothing of 9–12% CPI inflation. and, all this, during a time when the same exchequer handed out £30 billion to a tiny select few cronies who owned dubious PCR testing or PPE companies. one of the biggest instances of fraud in UK history. but, no, let's moan about workers and their work ethic.

why should someone work 60–70 hours a week just to cover their bills and essentials? it's very fine and well for you to valorize your heroic work-ethic when you were in your early 20s (nevermind the toxic ideology of slaving like a drone to make some corporation rich off your labours). but how do you expect middle-aged workers to raise families and deal with domestic labour when working 60–70 hours a week? not something you've had to think about, i know. and to think that you grumble about white replacement-adjacent issues around falling birthrates ... yes, let's force the workforce to tolerate stagnating wages for 12 years and 2x the working hours. that'll prepare our nation for generations to come!

in many ways the economy is performing. record profits are being recorded. many sectors and industries have bounced back to fiscal health after the pandemic. but, being a worker facing a denial in payrise this year and a 10% increase in the cost of living, you wouldn't know it. and dilbert's response: let's call the workers lazy and indigent.

you truly are a moron. stop reading shitty murdoch tabloids and use your head. even better, exercise some sympathy. a faculty in short supply with you.

Last edited by uziq (2022-07-26 03:56:25)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its not my fault they elected a stupid govt.
uziq
+492|3451
nobody elected for the 2008 crash. nobody elected for a global pandemic.

workers are hurting and all you're doing is your best murdoch villain routine. you sound worse than jay.

you're a live-at-home runt and you think you can talk knowledgeably about the difficulties of increasing costs of living. lol. about raising a family in this climate. let alone, say, being a single parent.

shut up dilbert.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://i.imgur.com/WR8nIxe.jpg
uziq
+492|3451
yes, that's about the same thing as reading a book on the subject, i'll bet.

maybe the problem is all those workers facing a cost-of-living crisis just like *checks notes* avocado on toast too much?

looking forward to your next insightful response!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

Dilbert_X wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/WR8nIxe.jpg
That dude was college educated as an opera singer.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard