Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,601|4239|eXtreme to the maX
Oh dear lord
Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|4876|Reality
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|2657|at your six
Brooke Fraser comes from there. I'd vote for her to sit on my face.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|4907|Noizyland

She's not in politics though. You can have... hmm....

Former Prime Minister Helen Clark.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|2657|at your six
eye bleach please.
unnamednewbie13
+1,744|4904|USA

Ty wrote:

She's not in politics though. You can have... hmm....

Former Prime Minister Helen Clark.
That's...

blue.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|4907|Noizyland

A2TG2 wrote:

eye bleach please.
Here you go.

Shit, that wasn't it.

Here.

No sorry, still wasn't right. Maybe this one?

Dah, oh man I suck.

Wait, here we go.

Last edited by Ty (2013-09-15 21:01:23)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|2328|Oklahoma
Not sure if this thread is a testament to how good or how bad NZ politics are.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|2657|at your six

Ty wrote:

A2TG2 wrote:

eye bleach please.
Here you go.

Shit, that wasn't it.

Here.

No sorry, still wasn't right. Maybe this one?

Dah, oh man I suck.

Wait, here we go.
English teeth.
But, I bet she sounds rather sexy with the lights off.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|4907|Noizyland

Hmm, then I probably shouldn't tell you that one of the most frequent targets for political satirists during Helen Clark's time as Prime Minister was her exceptionally deep and masculine voice.
[Blinking eyes thing]
BVC
+323|4828
We don't need a NZ politics thread, Ty and I make up 2/3 of NZ's population, we can just PM each other.

You should have seen the rule 34 of aunty Helen on ED back in the day, it was pretty much what everyone imagined she looked like.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://philip.greenspun.com/nz/sheep.jpg
Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|2657|at your six

Dilbert_X wrote:

TODO: FIX GAL IMAGES
What is that, a Kiwi whore house?
BVC
+323|4828
I'm a bit worried about you guys getting so excited over animals TBH

NZ - The streets might not be paved with gold, but beer flows from every tap in the house:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_wfMK7dko

Hmm
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/9 … print-info

Since our dear leader John Key seems intent on making us a part of the US, do you guys think we should go for NZ as one state, or seperate states for the North & South Islands? (with minor islands being considered a part of the nearest major one)

Last edited by BVC (2013-09-17 19:53:19)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I think NZ should take up its option of Federating with Australia.

Half of you are here already, and it might improve your rainfall averages so you'll get nicer weather.
BVC
+323|4828

Dilbert_X wrote:

Half of you are here already, and it might improve your rainfall averages so you'll get nicer weather.
But then we'd have Abbot as a PM.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+1,963|3491|London, England

BVC wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

But then we'd have Abbot as a PM.
At least Obama has a peace prize!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
BVC
+323|4828
Hey Ty, how do you think Cunliffe is doing so far?  Do you think he'll be backstabbed any time soon?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|4907|Noizyland

Cunliffe turned me off the second he became leader and started talking about how he was going to 'take the fight' to Key. That's completely not the sort of politics Labour needs right now. Labour as far as I'm concerned is completely undefined, I don't think they even know what they stand for. They have been far too focussed on trying to find an electable leader who can take on Key but they don't need a leader like that, they need a Don Brash. Someone who has no chance of being elected but who has the ability to shape the party in such a way where it can become electable under a different leader who is supported and prepared for the role by the party.

When the Nats lost power to Helen Clark they tried immediately to find a new electable leader in Bill English and it turned out fucking terribly for them. In comes Don Brash, does the work to return National to respectability while in the background John Key was being molded and presented as the next Prime Minister. Brash focusses on restoring National, Key takes over, National gets elected. Labour hasn't got past their Bill English stage yet and seem to even be going backwards by choosing Cunliffe over someone like Robertson. The only reason Robertson wasn't chosen is because he's a poof and Labour didn't think NZ was ready for a gay PM - and they're probably right unfortunately but that's not the point. They don't need an electable leader, they need a capable one. One that can work out what on Earth they stand for and communicate it to the public in a way that gets votes without getting tied up in the need to nit-pick National, (leave that to the Greens, they're gradually losing their sanity and seem to be better at it anyway.) Once they're redefined and stable with maybe one or two attractive leadership options then they can worry about taking the fight to Key n order to win Government.

Most of Labour's problems come from the fact that Helen was completely and utterly Queen Bee when she was in Parliament and she made sure to essentially destroy anyone in Labour with leadership aspirations or potential. Once she left the Labour Party didn't really have a clue and there was no-one with the ability to pick up where she left off or analyse why Labour was defeated and determine what needed to be done to bounce back - one way would have been to rebuild the leadership vacuum she left. But Goff had nothing, Shearer had nothing, and now Cunliffe has nothing plus his colleagues hate him. None of them really even tried to get a strategy going anyway, they just sat down on the Opposition's side of the house and did their thing assuming that everything would work out for them. And it will - eventually - people will get tired of National and give the other guys a turn. But it will take a long time and Cunliffe doesn't have a chance of lasting that long. Remember, one of the main reasons National lost in '99 was because Shipley got impatient, caused disunity, and fucked up the Nats' relationship with my good buddy Winston. I don't see Key doing something like that any time soon and I don't see Cunliffe as having the ability to make Labour look electable alone. At this stage its looking like Simon Bridges will be PM before anyone in Labour is.

You ask for New Zealand politics Dilbert, you get New Zealand politics.

[Blinking eyes thing]
BVC
+323|4828
He seems to be scoring a few early points, I think the new leader selection process has done a power of good for Labour's reputation, not to mention his populist bagging of the GCSB bill and the TPPA.  Lets say Labour wins in 2014 - do you think he'll follow through with promises made to scrap those?  I've noticed Aunty Helen has been in the news a bit lately, and I can't help but wonder whether she's poking her nose in a little bit now, or if its just the media flashing some pictures/soundbytes.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|4907|Noizyland

She might be, Labour would definitely welcome the opportunity to remind the public that once upon a time they had charisma.

The leader selection proces went pretty smoothly but I don't think Culiffe and Labour are experiencing anything other than a honeymoon period. Also I don't think Cunliffe has a strong stance on anything at the moment and his bagging of the GCSB bill and TPPA is just to 'take the fight to Key' as he would put it rather than formulating policy. I don't even think he personally opposes the GCSB bill. All the rhetoric about it got blown out of proportion and caught up in the whole NSA thing, its actually perfectly reasonable if you look at the thing and Cunliffe is clued in enough to know this. I think Cunliffe will only propose reforms or propose to repeal National policy if it still has the attention of the public closer to the election because Labour's style is reactionary politics at the moment. While Cunliffe could aim to drag out issues like the GCSB to make them election issues I don't think it would be beneficial to either the country or Labour in the long run.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Ty wrote:

Cunliffe turned me off the second he became leader and started talking about how he was going to 'take the fight' to Key. That's completely not the sort of politics Labour needs right now. Labour as far as I'm concerned is completely undefined, I don't think they even know what they stand for. They have been far too focussed on trying to find an electable leader who can take on Key but they don't need a leader like that, they need a Don Brash. Someone who has no chance of being elected but who has the ability to shape the party in such a way where it can become electable under a different leader who is supported and prepared for the role by the party.

When the Nats lost power to Helen Clark they tried immediately to find a new electable leader in Bill English and it turned out fucking terribly for them. In comes Don Brash, does the work to return National to respectability while in the background John Key was being molded and presented as the next Prime Minister. Brash focusses on restoring National, Key takes over, National gets elected. Labour hasn't got past their Bill English stage yet and seem to even be going backwards by choosing Cunliffe over someone like Robertson. The only reason Robertson wasn't chosen is because he's a poof and Labour didn't think NZ was ready for a gay PM - and they're probably right unfortunately but that's not the point. They don't need an electable leader, they need a capable one. One that can work out what on Earth they stand for and communicate it to the public in a way that gets votes without getting tied up in the need to nit-pick National, (leave that to the Greens, they're gradually losing their sanity and seem to be better at it anyway.) Once they're redefined and stable with maybe one or two attractive leadership options then they can worry about taking the fight to Key n order to win Government.

Most of Labour's problems come from the fact that Helen was completely and utterly Queen Bee when she was in Parliament and she made sure to essentially destroy anyone in Labour with leadership aspirations or potential. Once she left the Labour Party didn't really have a clue and there was no-one with the ability to pick up where she left off or analyse why Labour was defeated and determine what needed to be done to bounce back - one way would have been to rebuild the leadership vacuum she left. But Goff had nothing, Shearer had nothing, and now Cunliffe has nothing plus his colleagues hate him. None of them really even tried to get a strategy going anyway, they just sat down on the Opposition's side of the house and did their thing assuming that everything would work out for them. And it will - eventually - people will get tired of National and give the other guys a turn. But it will take a long time and Cunliffe doesn't have a chance of lasting that long. Remember, one of the main reasons National lost in '99 was because Shipley got impatient, caused disunity, and fucked up the Nats' relationship with my good buddy Winston. I don't see Key doing something like that any time soon and I don't see Cunliffe as having the ability to make Labour look electable alone. At this stage its looking like Simon Bridges will be PM before anyone in Labour is.
https://media.nscdn.com/uploads/cache/images/1246301539-796675-400x371-what-has-been-seen-cannot-be-unseen.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|4907|Noizyland

Heard a good joke today:

Why do women love New Zealand sailors?

Because they can be on top for a week and still won't come first.

Still a little raw for that to be too funny to be honest.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
When it looked like they might win the Aus press were already pointing out the skipper is an Aussie and so are a few of the crew.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|4907|Noizyland

Believe me I know - more than one newsreader slipped up and started calling it the Australia's Cup. That national mentality to claim everything as Australian if it has the slightest relationship can't be healthy, especially when the actual international sports teams can't seem to win anything.
[Blinking eyes thing]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard