mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
but thats not her greek name
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
but the answer is : Juvenelious

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-08-12 17:34:10)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

RTHKI wrote:

but thats not her greek name
That wasn't the question.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Brasso
+1,549|6622

it's Hebe. not something i remember and i literally just took a class on Greco-Roman mythology
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Brasso wrote:

it's Hebe. not something i remember and i literally just took a class on Greco-Roman mythology
Sorry the answer is Juventas.

Seriously guys? It is Hebe.

Daughter of Zeus and Queen of the underworld. She was tricked by Hades into becoming his wife by eating his fruit.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6735|Reality

Brasso wrote:

are all of these basically going to be Jesus stories
None of these are jesus stories.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Stubbee
+223|6735|Reality

Jay wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Brasso wrote:

Krishna?

it's really not Horus?
This is Krishna.

Wise men were led to his birth by a star, and his conception was miraculous. After his birth the ruler in the area wanted him dead and started a hunt for the child. But his parents were warned by a heavenly messenger who told them to escape over the river with the holy child. Here, he was met by shepherds. The boy grew up and did many great deeds, and was the mediator between God and man. Who was he?

Don't have one for Horus.
Hercules
You are correct for the 2nd question. GJ
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Stubbee
+223|6735|Reality
Question 3

Who then, was the God whose mother was told by an angel that she would give birth to a holy child destined to be a Saviour? Even as a child he instructed the priests in the temple in religous matters, while his parents were looking for him. He started his religious career when he was ca 30 years of age, and surrounded himself with 12 disciples. One of the disciples is his favorite another is a traitor. He and his disciples abstain from wealth and travel around talking in parables and metaphors. This God called himself "Son of Man" and was referred to as "Prophet", "Master" and "Lord". He did many great wonders and healed the sick, blind could see again and deaf hear. He also walked on water. When one of his disciples tried to do the same, he started to sink - his faith was not strong enough. Who was he?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
Augustus Caesar
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
they are jesus stories you keep capitalizing god
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Stubbee
+223|6735|Reality
LOL as if the only religion to capitalize the word god (or their equivalent) is yours.

This one has nothing to do with greece or rome. (@rthki or jesus)
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6283|Washington St.
Muhammad
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Stubbee wrote:

Question 3

Who then, was the God whose mother was told by an angel that she would give birth to a holy child destined to be a Saviour? Even as a child he instructed the priests in the temple in religous matters, while his parents were looking for him. He started his religious career when he was ca 30 years of age, and surrounded himself with 12 disciples. One of the disciples is his favorite another is a traitor. He and his disciples abstain from wealth and travel around talking in parables and metaphors. This God called himself "Son of Man" and was referred to as "Prophet", "Master" and "Lord". He did many great wonders and healed the sick, blind could see again and deaf hear. He also walked on water. When one of his disciples tried to do the same, he started to sink - his faith was not strong enough. Who was he?
Zoroaster aka Zarathustra

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-08-12 19:45:20)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

The answer to the first question is also Jesus. Same with the second. Pointing out that Christian mythology borrows from Greek and Roman isn't groundbreaking. Meh

RTHKI wrote:

misleading
I took the hint when he said "son of the highest god." How often is that applied to the Christian god, as if there are lesser gods?
Brasso
+1,549|6622

Stubbee wrote:

Brasso wrote:

basically

Macbeth wrote:

Brasso wrote:

Daughter of Zeus and Queen of the underworld. She was tricked by Hades into becoming his wife by eating his fruit.
that was persephone

Last edited by Brasso (2013-08-12 20:07:32)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Stubbee
+223|6735|Reality

Macbeth wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Question 3

Zoroaster aka Zarathustra
Nope.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Question 3
Ok, I'll take the bait. Yeshua ben Yosef, aka Yehoshua, aka Jesus [Christ] of Nazareth. I believe the "son of man" appellation refers to [in his case] his perfect humanity in contrast to being the son of God, but the former isn't as important to Christianity as the latter.
Stubbee
+223|6735|Reality
As previously stated, none of these are jesus stories
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

But they are technically jesus stories.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

So is this going to be an overarching theme to the entire thread, or will you also be asking questions on mythological characters dissimilar to elements of Jesus, or questions unrelated to myth at all.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

OK, fine. Horus. Not going to elaborate. Please mix it up a bit, though.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Brasso wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Brasso wrote:

basically

Macbeth wrote:

Brasso wrote:

that was persephone
These are probably super easy for you. Want to try a really esoteric one?

This character was Poseidon's talking horse child.

This character was second child of Medusa and Poseidon and brother to Pegasus.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-08-12 21:41:49)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I'm guessing you're asking about two characters. Arion and Chrysaor.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

How the hell did you know their names off the top of your head? I knew of them (how can you forget a talking horse?) but wouldn't remember them by name.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

It took me a second to remember Arion's name but Chrysaor was off the top of my head, because it's a bit hard to forget Medusa's story. Arion also starred in the 60's sitcom Mister Ed. The peanut butter/nylon thread bit was a ruse.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard