Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
17.69 min wage now dilbs
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
I was converting to approx. US dollars.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says women posing nearly naked for photos in Times Square are breaking the law and undermining efforts to keep the tourist area family friendly.

Cuomo said Wednesday on NY1 that the situation is beginning to remind him of the seedy days of the "bad old Times Square."

As CBS New York reports, the women pose for photos with tourists in exchange for cash and often wear only body paint and a thong. They call themselves "desnudas," which is Spanish for "naked."
NSFW: https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2 … pless1.jpg
On Thursday, City Hall announced that a task force would consider ideas on how to limit activities deemed illegal or harmful to the area’s quality of life.

But the mayor startled many urban planners when, at a news conference in Queens, he said he would give “a fresh look” at whether the pedestrian plazas should remain.

“That’s a very big endeavor, and like every other option comes with pros and cons,” Mr. de Blasio said of removing the plazas. “So we’re going to look at what those pros and cons would be. You could argue that those plazas have had some very positive impacts. You could also argue they come with a lot of problems.”

Police Commissioner William J. Bratton had stronger, more critical words about the plazas in a separate interview on Thursday.

“I’d prefer to just dig the whole damn thing up and put it back the way it was,” Mr. Bratton said in an interview with the radio station 1010 WINS.
I have been pretty supportive of this mayor but this is frankly stupid. People aren't going to be happy with NYC until they have turned it into a completely boring hipster town for lost tourist from some hellhole like Ohio.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says women posing nearly naked for photos in Times Square are breaking the law and undermining efforts to keep the tourist area family friendly.

Cuomo said Wednesday on NY1 that the situation is beginning to remind him of the seedy days of the "bad old Times Square."

As CBS New York reports, the women pose for photos with tourists in exchange for cash and often wear only body paint and a thong. They call themselves "desnudas," which is Spanish for "naked."
NSFW: https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2 … pless1.jpg
On Thursday, City Hall announced that a task force would consider ideas on how to limit activities deemed illegal or harmful to the area’s quality of life.

But the mayor startled many urban planners when, at a news conference in Queens, he said he would give “a fresh look” at whether the pedestrian plazas should remain.

“That’s a very big endeavor, and like every other option comes with pros and cons,” Mr. de Blasio said of removing the plazas. “So we’re going to look at what those pros and cons would be. You could argue that those plazas have had some very positive impacts. You could also argue they come with a lot of problems.”

Police Commissioner William J. Bratton had stronger, more critical words about the plazas in a separate interview on Thursday.

“I’d prefer to just dig the whole damn thing up and put it back the way it was,” Mr. Bratton said in an interview with the radio station 1010 WINS.
I have been pretty supportive of this mayor but this is frankly stupid. People aren't going to be happy with NYC until they have turned it into a completely boring hipster town for lost tourist from some hellhole like Ohio.
Being topless isn't illegal. Busking isn't illegal. Panhandling isn't illegal. They don't have a leg to stand on unless they want a huge fight with the ACLU.

Hell, the tourists usually wear less than the locals.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I know. It has been pointed out that it actually isn't illegal what they are doing. The solution though coming from the mayor is stop the whole damn thing. He's a doofus.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I know. It has been pointed out that it actually isn't illegal what they are doing. The solution though coming from the mayor is stop the whole damn thing. He's a doofus.
Last I heard he wanted to make it an official park. You can't solicit in a park.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
People like this is why Mayor DoucheBag wanted to ban the horses from NYC
uziq
+492|3450
does she think the carriage is being pulled by an irate grizzly bear or something?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I see Petunia and Dudley Dursley were on tour while Harry Potter was off fighting Voldemort.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
It is really disgusting that people are defending the cop who shot a 66 year old woman because she threatened him with a bat. Bat or not, two cops could restrain an old woman without killing her.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6707|England. Stoke
I blame Clinton/Trump.../Obama
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Cuomo sent out a tweet today claiming victory in his war on Indian Point nuclear power plant. The plant provides roughly 25% of the power for NYC and its suburbs. It has received multiple awards for its safety record etc. Way to go douchebag. Now our highest in the country electric rates are going to go even higher because the issue plays well with ignorant yuppie housewives. We're going to replace our largest source of green energy with gas-fired plants (though he claims it will be hydro from Canada). Brilliant!
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Nuclear isn't green energy. I like nuclear though I can see why people wouldn't want to live near one.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
It is absolutely green energy. Almost no emissions.
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.
That non-renewable energy that produces radioactive waste is 'green'?
uziq
+492|3450

Jay wrote:

you work in the HVAC industry and you don't know what green energy means?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

pirana6 wrote:

That non-renewable energy that produces radioactive waste is 'green'?
Most of the waste can be re-used to power other plants. The French are very, very efficient with their re-use of what we consider waste here in the US.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

you work in the HVAC industry and you don't know what green energy means?
I do, and I'd call a zero carbon energy emission source green. You can't construct a grid that has wind or solar as its base. You need coal or gas or nuclear.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Its zero carbon apart from all the carbon used to mine and refine and transport and reprocess and store the stuff...
But yes its a little better than coal.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its zero carbon apart from all the carbon used to mine and refine and transport and reprocess and store the stuff...
But yes its a little better than coal.
And the rare earth minerals that go into solar panels that only last twenty years and the drive components of wind turbines... I mean if you want to nitpick we can go around and around on this.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I kind of hope Trump repeals a ton of regulation regarding energy exploitation. Give the people in PA all of the coal and fracking their hearts desire.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Me too. Cheap energy is a good thing.
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I kind of hope Trump repeals a ton of regulation regarding energy exploitation. Give the people in PA all of the coal and fracking their hearts desire.
A few months ago I heard a story about a coal miner in Kentucky on NPR.  He was 40 and dying of an extreme version of black lung.  This is a man who was about to die almost halfway through an average lifespan, and his words were "I'd do it all over again."
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

A few months ago I heard a story about a coal miner in Kentucky on NPR.  He was 40 and dying of an extreme version of black lung.  This is a man who was about to die almost halfway through an average lifespan, and his words were "I'd do it all over again."
I think I saw that too. He wanted the coal mine reopened so he could go back in.

Oh well. Better to die at 40 than put on a white jumpsuit and build solar panels for 25 years.
uziq
+492|3450

Jay wrote:

Me too. Cheap energy is a good thing.
i like how the guy lecturing on 'americans don't know how to be responsible' in one thread is advocating burning up all the rest of the fossil fuels america has in the next century just so that he can have more disposable income for his aspirant lifestyle.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard