Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
lol. don't even know how to respond to such idiocy.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria
Why wouldn't we get rid of a family of Germans bunch of British convicts who have no historical connection with Britain Australia whatever?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
I saw that too and it certainly sounds interesting. Unfortunately fo rme, it seems that just like Libertarians, the only people I know who have studied philosophy are rather dense. One was absolutely convinced that he'd disproved some long-standing philosophical concept, which I highly doubt. He's the sort of militant atheist type, though, so his motivation is rather obvious.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Just woke up from a dream that a bear mauled by balls off. Horrible.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

what kind of bear?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Brown bear
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

I had a dream last night where I was in some sort of big race thing and to win you had to say "done" out loud but my mouth wouldnt work so i lost
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

DesertFox- wrote:

I saw that too and it certainly sounds interesting. Unfortunately fo rme, it seems that just like Libertarians, the only people I know who have studied philosophy are rather dense. One was absolutely convinced that he'd disproved some long-standing philosophical concept, which I highly doubt. He's the sort of militant atheist type, though, so his motivation is rather obvious.
lol what the fuck? the only people who have studied philosophy are dense? jesus what christ of mid-west backwater are you from? philosophy majors are the top entrants to law school. philosophical writing is valued above almost all other forms of formal writing and rhetoric.

sounds like you associate with dumb people.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-06-03 11:44:54)

DesertFox-
It's entirely possible. I did qualify saying "people I know", so I'm sure a great deal of them are smart cookies. The people I know who are going to law-school studied things like pre-law (surprise), communications, English, and sociology. For philosophy though, I only know about three people, one of whom is a frat doucher, one is atheist McGee I mentioned earlier, and the other one is just sort of spacey and ditzy.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

One of my best friends has a degree in philosophy. His specialty is ethics and Greek philosophy. He always has had a boner for ancient Greeks.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700
What is your specialty?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

My majors are history and political science. As far as history goes colonialism. Poli sci is American focused

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-06-03 12:25:03)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
why not asian studies so you can get better asian tang.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
my specialties are post-structuralism, phenomenology, aesthetics, affect, and intellectual history.

thanks for asking.
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic … ds-newsxml

>Seven MILLION Britons don't brush their teeth regularly - with many going at least two DAYS before they pick up a toothbrush

Jesus Christ

Last edited by Roc18 (2013-06-03 17:04:10)

DesertFox-

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

my specialties are post-structuralism, phenomenology, aesthetics, affect, and intellectual history.

thanks for asking.
¯\(°_o)/¯
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Keep us updated on your research
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
I brush mine every day
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22729780

goooo france
Reminds me of George Carlin's rant on parents living vicariously through their children. I wonder if there are honor student bumper stickers in French to commemorate debate club victories.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22729780

goooo france
Reminds me of George Carlin's rant on parents living vicariously through their children. I wonder if there are honor student bumper stickers in French to commemorate debate club victories.
oh yes isn't it laughable that the french teach their children philosophy and ethics?

i guess they need to be more like the US of A where you can't even pronounce nietzsche or find norway on a map
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol what the fuck? the only people who have studied philosophy are dense? jesus what christ of mid-west backwater are you from? philosophy majors are the top entrants to law school. philosophical writing is valued above almost all other forms of formal writing and rhetoric.
Then again writing isn't really that highly valued.

Getting shit done - thats highly valued.
oh yes isn't it laughable that the french teach their children philosophy and ethics?
Considering the country has gone down the shitter, past the u-bend and is steadily composting under a rotating shower arm I'd say yes, it is.
i guess they need to be more like the US of A where you can't even pronounce nietzsche or find norway on a map
Why would anyone need to find Norway at all?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-06-04 04:29:23)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
Then again writing isn't really that highly valued.

Getting shit done - thats highly valued.
yes, "getting shit done", so valued by law schools and corporate gigs. scratch good orators and writers! they want people who can build a bench.

& i don't think french education slipping in the tables has much to do with the fact they teach philosophy. nice logical fallacy, though. france's education standards slip because they still have a 19th century social approach to education, i.e. pit every student against one another in fierce individualism; a culture of non-stop castigation and nagging, rather than reward; and a frankly archaic university entrance system where everyone is allowed to go to their first-choice institution, but about 40% are expected to drop-out of the system in their first year (and then re-enter). france's education is very old fashioned. plus they haven't really adopted to the 'research publish or perish' model very well since the 1950's turnaround. france's intellectual centres are still world-leading and highly-respected (most senior french academics get very cushty ivy league offers), but it doesn't rank highly on the world-rankings anymore because the metrics of the new world-rankings are not their focus. just like the ancient german universities, too. heidelberg and tubingen are still incredibly elite. as are the sorbonne and ecole normale. just they aren't modernized. there's a big difference.

and it doesn't have much of anything to do with teaching kids philosophy and ethics. we have that in the UK, too, only its watered down and all the germane thought it given piece-meal as 'feel good' 'religious education' stuff. same basic moral/ethical instruction, just minus the real philosophical meat, and with an extra bit of multiculturalist politicking spice thrown in. which i'm sure you love, right.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-06-04 04:36:36)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
I meant the whole country is in the shitter.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
so are a lot of countries in europe right now. i hate people who say stupid doom-mongering stuff and use it as a blithe and lazy excuse to sleight everything they don't like in the process. "aha, france is in the shitter! that's what you get for all that pointless philosophy". yes, okay. hard-hitting analysis.

australia isn't in the shitter because china is being kind to you. how does that feel? philosophically superior? like economics has much of anything to do with intellectual culture. stupid bogans.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-06-04 04:49:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard