Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
uziq
Member
+410|2509
alright dilbert ‘i’m not ginger, that’s just $200 a month on schwarzkopf dyes for my friend’.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4415|London, England
https://i.imgur.com/aXfWuii.jpg

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-25 09:47:37)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
Member
+410|2509
haha.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4415|London, England
Uzi, I can ask my wife where she bought it. You strike me as the nongendered person in the relationship that buys the candles.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
Member
+410|2509
jay, do you ever notice that the only common denominator in all these things is you?

you say you hate effeminate fashion, then end up bragging about your boot collection and 'preppy' boots.

why do you think i would ever own something so gauche and vulgar in my place? as a giant disgusting candle branded after 'manly indulgence'?

congrats, your wife gets ripped off for marketing and you have horrendous taste.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+491|2777

Jay wrote:

How can you sell a candle made of soy as manly?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/soy_boy
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4415|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

How can you sell a candle made of soy as manly?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/soy_boy
I have no idea. That's exactly why i found it funny enough to post it she probably got it at Home Goods
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+491|2777
I like Bed, Bathe, and Beyond.

I would make the argument that true manhood is being self reliant, fulfilling your responsibilities, and caring for those weaker than you. I'm not just saying that because I don't like football or other manly things you can buy at a store. I'm barely self reliant, irresponsible, and selfish.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4415|London, England
I would agree with your definition.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,917|5829|USA

Did your wife buy it for you thinking you'd get a laugh out of whatever irony there is to be had, or because she thought you'd genuinely enjoy the thing.
uziq
Member
+410|2509
that's the entire tension, the interest of the thing. stay tuned as jay slowly surrounds himself with brand clothes, whole foods groceries, and bath bombs, and his sense of self hits a big scented sandbar.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+491|2777
I only take showers. Bathing seems like making a germ soup.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4415|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Did your wife buy it for you thinking you'd get a laugh out of whatever irony there is to be had, or because she thought you'd genuinely enjoy the thing.
No, I doubt very much she even knows what a soy boy is.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+491|2777
If you don't mind me asking, what is your wife's personal politics? She was an English major, right? So I assume she is somewhere to the left of you? My mom voted for Clinton. My dad voted for Trump.
uziq
Member
+410|2509
i have no doubt that jay and his wife are one of those self-fashioning couples who imagine they are on the ascent to respectability, and both putting on their best attempts at airs and graces. therefore she is a rootin' tootin' republican.

anyone who tries to pass off their job as ‘director of a multinational company’ is firmly in that bracket you talk about, of mean small-business owners who imagine they’re a good annum away from being warren buffett.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-26 05:59:19)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4415|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, what is your wife's personal politics? She was an English major, right? So I assume she is somewhere to the left of you? My mom voted for Clinton. My dad voted for Trump.
Her dad is a Republican so she is vaguely Republican. She's barely political, but I'd call her socially liberal, fiscally conservative.

She doesn't like politics for the same reason Ken doesn't: she hates categorizing people and talking in generalities.

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-26 06:11:55)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
Member
+410|2509
jesus i bet you two avoid the subject.

making national review-tier generalities is your intellectual specialty!

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-26 06:15:40)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+763|5742|United States of America
I found my jeans now are quite loose when I went into work recently, so it seems my quarantine exercise has been paying off. To that end, I'm now more in the middle of waist sizings and a belt seems more of a necessity.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,924|5689|949

ive been a 30 waist for as long as i can remember, but some brands fit better than others (can you believe that?!).
uziq
Member
+410|2509
elasticated/drawstring waists are coming back into fashion. do recommend. i don't really like belts very much, only in very formal attire.

i prefer to tuck my tshirt/shirt and rock it out.

my main consideration with trousers/jeans is the length. i like a cropped look. i get legs and sleeves altered to fit most. people who wear trousers that are way too long for them are filthy savages.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-18 16:14:53)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,924|5689|949

The floodwaters look is definitely coming back. Drawstrings and elastic waistbands are too cheesy for me, but I agree on the not wanting to wear a belt.

I just stick to brands I like the fit of. It gets worse when certain companies have 10 different styles of pant that all fit differently around the waist.
uziq
Member
+410|2509
i think they're appearing in dress/formal trousers and office attire because of the steady ongoing rehabilitation of jogging and leisure wear.

it's like a decade of abercrombie and hollister, people running to the store in sweatpants and uggs, has led to this.

i am all for the elastic drawstring. uniqlo trousers have a clasp/zip and elastic string. best of both worlds baby!

i just bought a summer linen suit and the trousers are elasticated. strange look for $250 pants.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-18 16:46:08)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,924|5689|949

I like my pants as a forever warning against gluttony. All this body acceptance nonsense you follow on XXL Twitter is really clouding your judgment, uzi.
uziq
Member
+410|2509
i'm a 31 waist faggit
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,924|5689|949

Thats considered plus size in sub-saharan Africa

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard