Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5370|London, England
I pay $200 on my (family share plan with my wife) cell phone bill every month too It's fucking ridiculous.

21.71% of my bill is a state surcharge. Fuck New York.

Last edited by Jay (2013-04-09 11:24:55)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6235|Escea

That's pretty steep. I'm sure we only pay about 40 quid for satellite/broadband, about $60 at current rates.

Damn post screwing up.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2013-04-09 11:26:21)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5271|foggy bottom
bout to fuck shit up in ck2
Tu Stultus Es
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6203|Roma
Was going to have a pineapple because it smelt like it needed to be eaten quick, turns out it tastes worse than it smells.
Almost threw up.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6644|949

Jay wrote:

I pay $200 on my (family share plan with my wife) cell phone bill every month too It's fucking ridiculous.

yours is $200/month, plus your wife's?  Or yours combined is $200/month?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

Combined is $203.03
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6203|Roma
€7 gets me 120 minutes, 120 texts, and unlimited data.
No contract.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

120 text lol
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Shit, I've already sent 624 texts this month
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Bitcoins are selling for $234 now, serious
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`
+655|5803|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Jay and I seem to be a truce right now. Cybargs never stops. Burnz wishes I was dead. I like Uzi and GS but they don't care for me.

GS hates ATG, doesn't like Jay.

Uzique hates Jay and Dilbert.

Jay hates a ton of people and a ton hate him.

Burnzz hates me, Uzi, ATG, and Kimmmm

That is all of the major ones right now.
why would burnzz hate kimmm?

and what about roc, where does he fit into all this
everyone hates roc, except dilbert, who entertains him as his little house negro because he makes posts about skrillex in the music thread and 'trolls' me.
k

And @GS I have white, black, Hispanic, Asian and mixed friends. Diversity from living in america and NY fagit.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6644|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

Combined is $203.03
That's not too bad. I pay about $75/month with a discount from my work. Plus I have a work phone, so I'm pretty much like walter white. One's a burner.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Combined is $203.03
That's not too bad. I pay about $75/month with a discount from my work. Plus I have a work phone, so I'm pretty much like walter white. One's a burner.
I'm annoyed that I pay $55/month in taxes for the stupid things
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6644|949

I'm annoyed that US taxpayers subsidized the US cable, internet and cell phone infrastructure yet are still charged up the ass for it.  Of course those industries post ridiculous profit margins.

Examples like that just further my personal belief that some hugely important services and resources should be more nationalized, with the private sector simply running the services.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Why? You can get a landline for like $20 a month, or free if you're poor. Cell phones are a luxury, not a necessity like heat or hot water.
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Be careful what you wish for in any case. People on Long Island bitched about utility rates for years and years and years until the State came in and created the Long Island Power Authority out of the ashes of LILCO (Long Island Lighting Company). Now rates are higher and the Authority is staffed by political patronage hacks making obscene wages while service has degraded to a very noticeable extent. No one holds public utilities accountable, because they can't. It's better to have competition than government sponsored monopolies in just about every case imaginable.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

Just sitting here in a lecture hall wondering why I go to school. I want to lock myself in my bedroom and smoke a half ounce for the next week.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

What do you call a fake noodle?
Spoiler (highlight to read):
An imPASTA
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6644|949

landlines should be more or less free.  Same with cable and internet.  A small amount billed each month for upkeep and paper pushing.  We already paid for this shit through subsidies. 

Think of it like a sports stadium - government issues bonds (to be repaid by increasing taxes).  Sometimes a private company (usually the investment group that owns the team or will own the stadium) will also provide funds, but not always.

After the stadium is built, naming rights and advertising space is sold.  The overwhelming majority of the time, these are not used to pay back the bonds or any debt incurred during the building of the stadium.  Again, sometimes they are, but it is not standard.  After that, the local team and other musical acts are slated to play in the venue.  The theory normally put forward is that the area will incur increased sales and tax revenue due to more business being conducted in the area, which will more than pay for costs originally incurred, plus any strain to the local infrastructure around the stadium.  This has been proven false numerous times.  Essentially the general public (especially in large metropolitan areas like LA, NY, etc) will be fleeced to pay for some billionaires dick-waving. 

But you'd rather bitch about cell phone surcharges.  Whatever.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6644|949

Jay wrote:

Be careful what you wish for in any case. People on Long Island bitched about utility rates for years and years and years until the State came in and created the Long Island Power Authority out of the ashes of LILCO (Long Island Lighting Company). Now rates are higher and the Authority is staffed by political patronage hacks making obscene wages while service has degraded to a very noticeable extent. No one holds public utilities accountable, because they can't. It's better to have competition than government sponsored monopolies in just about every case imaginable.
Competition absolutely KILLED California during the energy crisis.  Why?  Because Enron and other energy companies created shell companies to sell energy to each other, resulting in huge inflation.  Companies will find the path of least resistance to make the most amount of money.  Is a company bribing government officials or spending exorbitant amounts of money to lobby an indictment of free-market capitalism or an omnipotent government?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

landlines should be more or less free.  Same with cable and internet.  A small amount billed each month for upkeep and paper pushing.  We already paid for this shit through subsidies. 

Think of it like a sports stadium - government issues bonds (to be repaid by increasing taxes).  Sometimes a private company (usually the investment group that owns the team or will own the stadium) will also provide funds, but not always.

After the stadium is built, naming rights and advertising space is sold.  The overwhelming majority of the time, these are not used to pay back the bonds or any debt incurred during the building of the stadium.  Again, sometimes they are, but it is not standard.  After that, the local team and other musical acts are slated to play in the venue.  The theory normally put forward is that the area will incur increased sales and tax revenue due to more business being conducted in the area.  This has been proven false numerous times.  Essentially the general public (especially in large metropolitan areas like LA, NY, etc) will be fleeced to pay for some billionaires dick-waving. 

But you'd rather bitch about cell phone surcharges.  Whatever.
Cell phone towers are all privately owned here, not government subsidized. The city charges rent on the telephone poles, but the utility companies put the lines on them and pay for the maintenance out of their own pockets. I fail to see why stadiums are at all relevant as they should be completely privately financed in the first place, they're the biggest waste of local money imaginable.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5598

You should be able to buy channels individually
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

Competition absolutely KILLED California during the energy crisis.  Why?  Because Enron and other energy companies created shell companies to sell energy to each other, resulting in huge inflation.  Companies will find the path of least resistance to make the most amount of money.  Is a company bribing government officials or spending exorbitant amounts of money to lobby an indictment of free-market capitalism or an omnipotent government?
It's an indictment of the corruptability of people who go into government. You don't think that stuff happens in a heavily regulated environment? Any point where government and business meet there is and will be corruption. Why do you think I argue so vehemently for free markets? I fucking hate crony capitalism.
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6644|949

Railroad, cable and TV land lines were subsidized by the government.  Billions in subsidies were given for cable and internet lines.   It mimics stadiums because it's a transfer of wealth from the public to the private.  I know how you loathe the transfer of wealth.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard