Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Disney is way overrated. There's like four actual rides in the whole park, the rest are all get in boat -> have animatronic animals sing at you. And there's no alcohol!  I don't understand why so many adults are obsessed with the place.
I enjoyed seeing the naked horror in the eyes of the staff as they grin and wave and dance for the umpteenth time that day.

Somewhere I have a picture of the fat people waiting for the scooter line.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Jay wrote:

Disney is way overrated. There's like four actual rides in the whole park, the rest are all get in boat -> have animatronic animals sing at you. And there's no alcohol!  I don't understand why so many adults are obsessed with the place.
jeez what a fucking hipster. mainstream theme-parks and family attractions - soooo over-rated! uhh, lame! where's the pabst?

doesn't stop you bragging about spending lots of money there, though, eh. a middle-class self-loathing hipster par excellence.
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
lol
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

I enjoyed seeing the naked horror in the eyes of the staff as they grin and wave and dance for the umpteenth time that day.

Is 'It's a Small World' in the Disney park? I can't remember if it is, just the catatonic look on everyone's face as they came out the exit.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
jeez look at all you hipsters pooh-poohing ordinary people having fun.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5914|...

Hmm, I went to Disney a while back and I actually enjoyed it. Epcot was very interesting. We did a little dining/drinking tour of all the different countries. Overall, it was fun. We were there with friends for their wedding and it turned out great.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
epcot is very very kitschy, but i guess if you can get over that it has its own charm. it presents other countries exactly the way you'd expect an american who will likely never actually visit the places to see them. but i guess that's why it's a 'theme' park, and not to be taken seriously. we sat in the england part in one of the 'pubs', and very felt estranged from our own putative 'culture'. i guess that says a lot. alienated in your own zone.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

I liked Disney(land) when I went there, but it was about 10 years ago so I was only 13

I could probably have a bit of fun if I went there now though
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

M.O.A.B wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

Is 'It's a Small World' in the Disney park? I can't remember if it is, just the catatonic look on everyone's face as they came out the exit.
Yep. And only moderately racist. I was disappointed, the Africa room should've been made even more jungly and dark and had more dancing monkeys
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

I went to Disney when I was 11. I liked Universal Studios better.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

tuckergustav wrote:

Hmm, I went to Disney a while back and I actually enjoyed it. Epcot was very interesting. We did a little dining/drinking tour of all the different countries. Overall, it was fun. We were there with friends for their wedding and it turned out great.
I had fun in Epcot, did the drinking tour, designed my own ride, jalapeno margaritas kicked my ass, had really crappy french food at 'chefs des france', had an awesome lunch at the german beer garden etc. I just didn't like Magic Kingdom very much. I wasn't raised on Disney movies as a kid so I've never had that 'ooooooh Mickey!' feeling. Space and Splash mountains were fun, the rest of my day was essentially spent dodging strollers and wheelchairs while letting my wife pretend she was an 8 year old girl all over again, haha.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

I'd be interested to see what's changed. Last time I was there was 15 years ago.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

I went to Disney when I was 11. I liked Universal Studios better.
This was my first time since I was 8. I've only ever been to Epcot, MK, Sea World and Cape Canaveral down here.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Ever been to 6 Flags?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Nope, and I get made fun of for that every summer
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Went to Dorney Park a few times as a kid though, and Splish Splash on LI
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Oh, and I marched in the parade at Hershey Park in 8th grade with the school band. I was so
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

That is too bad. They closed the Six Flags safari. It was cool letting a monkey chill on your hood or to pet a giraffe from the passenger seat. You missed out my friend.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

I heard it is really ghetto now so maybe you shouldn't bother.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Did you ever go to Action Park! when you were a kid or did it close before you were old enough?
-Frederick Bastiat
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

First time I went to Sea World I was picked to be in the dolphin show and got to feed them. Probably a good thing I was only 6 at the time and didn't pay much attention to the crowds in the stands.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Jay wrote:

Did you ever go to Action Park! when you were a kid or did it close before you were old enough?
Never even heard of it. A quick google tells me it closed when I was 6. I have never been to Hershey Park.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I ruined my wife regarding dolphins haha. We went on a trip to Charleston, SC last year and I told her that dolphins have been known to rape human women. She looked it up, confirmed it, and now can't even think about one without shddering, haha.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Ever been to Sesame Place? I went there when I was 12 and even though I was older I still liked it.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
hasnt she seen king of the hill
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard