Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
well the met police here are racist as fuck so i don't think they'll be treated the same. however i don't think class comes into it. most police officers in the UK are not from the upper class and sport a healthy resentment. "school ties" don't mean much if the bobby is from a state school. besides, i said the UK was following america in its pattern towards social calcification and a tightening of democracy. so you harping on about US-UK comparisons is only supplementing my original complaint.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
They may hold resentment but they'll still bow to authority and beat hell out of the common man, they're still all Maggies' footsoldiers really.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
lol what a load of conjecturing bullshite.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke

Dilbert_X wrote:

Maggies' footsoldiers
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
They are, they're working class or lower, but letting them put one foot on the bottom rung of a ladder they'll never climb turns them into willing tools of capitalist oppression.

Thatcher may have been stupid but she wasn't stupid.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
dilbert i thought you said (multiple times) that the class system was irrelevant now?

but now you're arguing the police force is just a form of entrenched class oppression? what what?

lol "tools of capitalist oppression". you sound like a hipster. did you picket at #occupy?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
There are remnant pockets of resistance - eg the Police.

The class system isn't going away, but its becoming less meaningful for the average person.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
okay. thanks for clearing that up for us, doc. i'll look at my everyday experience in a corrected way now.

police - "remnant pockets of resistance".

lol this is really too much.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Just left the auto show going to the MET. Updates are on Twitter
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

On second thought I am going to see the space shuttle
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Most joggers are complete assholes I have noticed.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
seriously, do you have a twitter? who the fuck posts on a forum from a mobile/location
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
somebody who has difficulty banging asian chicks - seriously its not that hard
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

It is easier to run them over.
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.
ha
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Dating Asian girls is hard though. It is difficult to read emotions because of their eyes.

Are you mad at me? Is the sun in your eyes? Are you concentrating on something? Are you tired? Are you staring at something? Suffering from allergies?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
bind their feet
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Do you still play CK2?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I think of those police courtesy cards like having the person that gave it to you be there in spirit, which is nice because everybody wants a cop on their side when they have to deal with one, especially somebody like me who completely loses their shit with anxiety whenever they have to deal with one.  Who doesn't like to have the benefit of the doubt where they can get it?
the law should apply equally to everyone, regardless of race, creed, religion, sex, etc.

having a card that says "oh i know a senior law-enforcement official" is not democratic rule under one law. it is nepotism.

this is the sort of casually accepted shit in america that sees rich white dudes being able to flirt with cocaine and get away with it, and still lead very successful lives going to all the right schools... and sees a large proportion of the young black male population behind bars. it is systemic discrimination. lol america. "land of the free"... if you know the right people.

lowest social mobility in the western world, and you have a legal system that applies mitigating circumstances if you know the 'right' people. what a bold experiment in freedom. shit reminds me of the rampant bribe/social leverage system they use in crazy fundamentalist shitholes like saudi arabia. the saddest thing is that the UK's politico-class have taken too many cues from their anglo-american fraternity these last few decades... and we're headed the same way as you, irrevocably downwards.
yeah, it's wicked to see westerners place themselves in a special category, above the rest of the world as a more civilized and 'progressive' society. the reality of life inside and beyond our boarders is something most americans don't undestand. i don't know how politically/socially/culturally involved people in the UK are but i would presume the difference is nil.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

Macbeth wrote:

Most joggers are complete assholes I have noticed.
i never jog alongside or near cars. i want to keep my legs. there are enough parks, boardwalks, and pedestrian only areas to avoid it in the city.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I think of those police courtesy cards like having the person that gave it to you be there in spirit, which is nice because everybody wants a cop on their side when they have to deal with one, especially somebody like me who completely loses their shit with anxiety whenever they have to deal with one.  Who doesn't like to have the benefit of the doubt where they can get it?
the law should apply equally to everyone, regardless of race, creed, religion, sex, etc.

having a card that says "oh i know a senior law-enforcement official" is not democratic rule under one law. it is nepotism.

this is the sort of casually accepted shit in america that sees rich white dudes being able to flirt with cocaine and get away with it, and still lead very successful lives going to all the right schools... and sees a large proportion of the young black male population behind bars. it is systemic discrimination. lol america. "land of the free"... if you know the right people.

lowest social mobility in the western world, and you have a legal system that applies mitigating circumstances if you know the 'right' people. what a bold experiment in freedom. shit reminds me of the rampant bribe/social leverage system they use in crazy fundamentalist shitholes like saudi arabia. the saddest thing is that the UK's politico-class have taken too many cues from their anglo-american fraternity these last few decades... and we're headed the same way as you, irrevocably downwards.
yeah, it's wicked to see westerners place themselves in a special category, above the rest of the world as a more civilized and 'progressive' society. the reality of life inside and beyond our boarders is something most americans don't undestand. i don't know how politically/socially/culturally involved people in the UK are but i would presume the difference is nil.
that wasn't what i was talking about at all but ok right on brother
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699
everyone has their own agenda. don't knock it mate.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
Disney is way overrated. There's like four actual rides in the whole park, the rest are all get in boat -> have animatronic animals sing at you. And there's no alcohol!  I don't understand why so many adults are obsessed with the place.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
they like disney I would guess
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard