Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4250

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Omg, I've entered the halls of hipster hell.
is the green agenda 'hipster' in america or something? the 'green' agenda here is pushed by septuagenarians and people with the wrong sort of facial hair. their anoraks were bought in 1970 but they most definitely are not 'vintage'. nice to see the H-word come up again on this board, though. it really is becoming a marker of intelligent discourse.
I told you, hipster is a synonym for young, stupid, liberal, and trend following.

OMG I WATCHED THIS TED TALK AND THIS REALLY SMART GUY HAD ALL THESE IDEAS FOR SAVING THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!
i don't think anyone is talking about saving the world when they say that making plastic bags cost money/have consequence is a commonsense idea. or trying to deter the unnecessary use of plastic bags for things like popping to the corner store and buying a bottle of soda. that's just commonsense, man. not eco-utopianism.

ditto trying to curb emissions. why are you so cynical when it comes to this sort of thing? any sort of initiative that infringes on the power of corporations or stupid people when taken as a mass populace and you become more cynical than a fucking coen brother's nihilist.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England
No, they should not charge extra for plastic bags. No, it will not save the environment. It will just add cost to the grocery bills of the poor. Your precious reusable bag is full of e.coli bacteria because you never fucking wash it.

No, you should not strip the subsidies from the oil companies and send that money to renewable energy research. Strip the subsidies, sure, but the latter is a complete waste of time and money.

Yes, Bloomberg is a piece of shit that should've been out of office years ago but he defied two popular votes regarding term limits and ran anyway. He's a rich snob leering down at people and telling them how to live their life. He should be booed, not cheered. Let me know when he's not surrounded by a pack of armed bodyguards and I might take his gun control views as anything but condescension on par with Carl Paladino bitching about the hygiene of welfare recipients.

Last edited by Jay (2013-03-29 13:36:49)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`
+655|5787|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Hipsters are the only ones who care about the environment. Why do you think they call hippies tree huggers?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4250
he's a public figure, obviously drawing ire from the pro-gun lobby. of course he's going to have bodyguards. you are an idiot. how does that invalidate or compromise his gun control arguments? anyway i don't really care about the mayor of one city some place so i'm not gonna get into a sparring match with you over bloomberg. it would make as much sense as you giving a fuck about ken livingstone or boris johnson.

actually the alternatives promoted in lieu of using loads of plastic bags is, as i've said, supermarket-branded canvas bags. they're a win/win for the corporation: induces some brand-loyalty/come-again factor, and gets rid of the plastic bag problem. i don't think anyone is carrying around their defrosting meat produce in the same plastic bag for a year.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4250

Roc18 wrote:

Hipsters are the only ones who care about the environment. Why do you think they call hippies tree huggers?
very intelligent. please, give me more insights into the inquiring mind of a world top 15,000 university finance alum.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

I am cool with fracking because it makes gas cheaper and ruins the lives of rural people especially in the south and Midwest.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
youre also a cunt
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

he's a public figure, obviously drawing ire from the pro-gun lobby. of course he's going to have bodyguards. you are an idiot. how does that invalidate or compromise his gun control arguments? anyway i don't really care about the mayor of one city some place so i'm not gonna get into a sparring match with you over bloomberg. it would make as much sense as you giving a fuck about ken livingstone or boris johnson.

actually the alternatives promoted in lieu of using loads of plastic bags is, as i've said, supermarket-branded canvas bags. they're a win/win for the corporation: induces some brand-loyalty/come-again factor, and gets rid of the plastic bag problem. i don't think anyone is carrying around their defrosting meat produce in the same plastic bag for a year.
I know it's an outrageous suggestion, but the 'plastic bag problem' would magically disappear if people bent down to pick up a piece of trash and deposited it in the nearest trash can instead of waiting for it to blow down the street and becoming their neighbors problem.

Last edited by Jay (2013-03-29 13:44:57)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6705|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

I know it's an outrageous suggestion, but the 'plastic bag problem' would magically disappear if people bent down to pick up a piece of trash and deposited it in the nearest trash can instead of waiting for it to blow down the street and becoming their neighbors problem.
Yes but litter on the street isn't the problem with mass use of plastic bags...
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4250

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol what the fuck. the plastic bag problem is an eco-problem because plastic bags end up floating around in the pacific gyre, not because they litter the streets the point is plastic bags don't biodegrade. every bag you use is a bag that is going to end up in a landfill, seeping chemicals into a giant sink.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-29 13:48:05)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

coke wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

It's the only reason ever given for 'plastic bag bans' here in the states.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

RTHKI wrote:

youre also a cunt
You don't really mean that do you?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5695

Macbeth wrote:

What professor? I don't remember.
i'll tell you stories about him when the topic calls for it. gs thought i was trolling when i told him about this guy.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6705|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

coke wrote:

Jay wrote:

Good insight.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4250

Jay wrote:

coke wrote:

Jay wrote:

lol my fucking god hahahahahahahahaha

a dude lives in one of the world's biggest metropolises and he can't understand the eco debate for giving up plastic bags beyond 'they litter the street'.

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4250
we should tax chewing gum it litters the sidewalk!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

coke wrote:

a dude lives in one of the world's biggest metropolises and he can't understand the eco debate for giving up plastic bags beyond 'they litter the street'.

I just don't give a fuck, honestly. I think it's one of the most inconsequential things one could ever focus on, but whatever floats your boat. My groceries get delivered in cardboard boxes, so it's not like adding $0.05 per bag to my grocery bill would even effect me.

Seriously stupid waste of time.
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5695

Macbeth wrote:

I am cool with fracking because it makes gas cheaper and ruins the lives of rural people especially in the south and Midwest.
hahahaha.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6705|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

I just don't give a fuck, honestly. I think it's one of the most inconsequential things one could ever focus on, but whatever floats your boat. My groceries get delivered in cardboard boxes, so it's not like adding $0.05 per bag to my grocery bill would even effect me.

You really are a fucking moron.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

coke wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

You really are a fucking moron.
These are the big issues that occupy your mind coke? It's really important to you that people stop using plastic bags? Really? Go back to work in your china factory you twit.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4250
most people outside of major cities here go to supermarkets, with their cars or on foot, and end up leaving with their groceries in bags. those bags are (or rather were) plastic. 10+ plastic bags per week per family visit. where do they go? into the bin, or into a drawer somewhere, to inevitably end up in the bin. maybe a few - gasp! - end up as litter on the street. then they get put in the bin. where do all those plastic bags go? ... into the ground. they don't 'go' anywhere. landfill and chemical dumps. that's the point. nobody is saying it is going to save the world. 5 pence / cents is not going to cripple a poor family, either. it's just a small thing to be done to encourage people to change a harmful and ultimately NEEDLESS habit. nobody expects it to save the world. how much effort is it, really? it doesn't interrupt your grocery shopping experience. it's just a small, everyday, commonplace, quotidian thing that can be done to improve things a tiny bit. 'every little helps', as one of our supermarket giants likes to patronize us, by telling us.

but yeah, your short-sighted and moronic understanding of the most basic eco-issues can roundly be summed up as "you don't give a fuck". not very liberal though!!!!

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-29 14:04:06)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5695
every single law is stupid if it goes against corporations interest, is proposed by a liberal or praised by people according to jay schubert, phD in talking shit.

i remember when he seriously recommended that there be a law which requires every single politician to read every single law on the books.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

most people outside of major cities here go to supermarkets, with their cars or on foot, and end up leaving with their groceries in bags. those bags are (or rather were) plastic. 10+ plastic bags per week per family visit. where do they go? into the bin, or into a drawer somewhere, to inevitably end up in the bin. maybe a few - gasp! - end up as litter on the street. then they get put in the bin. where do all those plastic bags go? ... into the ground. they don't 'go' anywhere. landfill and chemical dumps. that's the point. nobody is saving it is going to save the world. 5 pence / cents is not going to cripple a poor family, either. it's just a small thing to be done to encourage people to change a harmful and ultimately NEEDLESS habit. nobody expects it to save the world. how much effort is it, really? it doesn't interrupt your grocery shopping experience. it's just a small, everyday, commonplace, quotidian thing that can be done to improve things a tiny bit. 'every little helps', as one of our supermarket giants likes to patronize us, by telling us.

but yeah, your short-sighted and moronic understanding of the most basic eco-issues can roundly be summed up as "you don't give a fuck". not very liberal though!!!!
And I'm telling you that you're trading a few ounces of trash, and a few dollars per year, in order to do nothing more than increase your risk of food-borne illness. Plastic is recycled here in NYC, with fines levied against people who don't recycle.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4250

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

most people outside of major cities here go to supermarkets, with their cars or on foot, and end up leaving with their groceries in bags. those bags are (or rather were) plastic. 10+ plastic bags per week per family visit. where do they go? into the bin, or into a drawer somewhere, to inevitably end up in the bin. maybe a few - gasp! - end up as litter on the street. then they get put in the bin. where do all those plastic bags go? ... into the ground. they don't 'go' anywhere. landfill and chemical dumps. that's the point. nobody is saving it is going to save the world. 5 pence / cents is not going to cripple a poor family, either. it's just a small thing to be done to encourage people to change a harmful and ultimately NEEDLESS habit. nobody expects it to save the world. how much effort is it, really? it doesn't interrupt your grocery shopping experience. it's just a small, everyday, commonplace, quotidian thing that can be done to improve things a tiny bit. 'every little helps', as one of our supermarket giants likes to patronize us, by telling us.

And I'm telling you that you're trading a few ounces of trash, and a few dollars per year, in order to do nothing more than increase your risk of food-borne illness. Plastic is recycled here in NYC, with fines levied against people who don't recycle.
oh so you're fine with people being forced by law to recycle, but not being encouraged gently by a price incentive to not buy plastic in the first place.

OK.

libertarian logic.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13/f/taiwan wrote:

every single law is stupid if it goes against corporations interest, is proposed by a liberal or praised by people according to jay schubert, phD in talking shit.

i remember when he seriously recommended that there be a law which requires every single politician to read every single law on the books.
I still believe that. The fact that you can't understand why just shows that you're a part of the problem.

But please, go away back to wherever you were for the last few years. The last thing this forum needs is another child who took a course at a liberal arts college and walked away thinking he knew everything and praising Marx. Just fuck off. You're an idiot. In ten years you might actually see it, but for now, you're a boring pissant with zero originality.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard