I like both of you
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6748|Toronto | Canada

brb stalking uzique on linkedin
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
i don't even use it, and never have. it's the worst type of social network. outward self-promotion. contrary to my posting attitude on this forum, in real life that makes me want to puke. i still get emails flooding my inbox weekly telling me how some of my uni friends have 'acquired a new skill' or 'had a new recommendation' written for them. who wants to read that shit. references were previously private for a reason.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

yeah its really boring. i have it just to have it and look every week or so to see if anyone looked at me out of curiosity. i cant even remember your last name to search you, oh well.  i hate how the entire website is one giant advertisement
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
my profile is empty anyway, except for the education/'skills' stuff i put in when i registered, in like 2010.

i have a resume if someone wants to employ me. i am highly skeptical of the 'power' of internet networking.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

my girlfriend works part-time for a recruitment firm and she has one of the fancy, expensive accounts paid for by them.  they get a good deal of applicants and placements using linkedin but thats a pretty niche application of the entire social network
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
i have two friends from my graduating class who went to work in recruitment for pretty elite 'agencies'. they don't use linkedin, actually. the system they work on/use, and the system that a lot of my graduating year found employment in 'the city' through, was basically an agency that you send in your CV/details to, and they hook you up with the work, as per a previous arrangement with their networks of employers. basically a bunch of discrete, private linkedins, cultivated through proper business 'contacts' and working partners, rather than a sort of public, look-at-me facebook style. i hope linkedin dies (and i say that with someone with a pretty boastsome cv).
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

well yeah, for a high end system it doesnt make sense. but this place just specializes in filling mid level management in supply chain companies. doesnt exactly require high level business contacts and private linkedins. 

linkedin is boring and pointless to most of us but it does at least get peoples resumes out to different places easily.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

Its not just for job recruiting. I've used it to find appropriate contacts at companies my company does business with. If I need to know x position at y company, usually I can reach out through linkedin.  Its one of those things that depends on the amount of effort you put into it.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6726|Riva, MD
I learned girls get really fucking mad at you if you don't say hi to them and they care about you.  Oh, bergers, you do me so wrong
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6632|Little Bentcock
only the ones you wouldn't want to hang out with anyway.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6726|Riva, MD
I mean she wasn't furious with me as far as I could tell, but she definitely started giving me the cold shoulder and it was definitely only me.

Not sure if that's entirely it but it used to make her face light up when I said hi to her back in the good days, I think this girl is pretty insecure, lol.  Then things got shitty between me and her and now it's slowly recovering, it's a long, complicated and mildly successful story but I think I'm at least somewhat starting to understand women now.
Adams_BJ
If a woman will get the shots because you didn't say hi once, you don't want her in your life.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Pretty much this. If she wants unquestioning obedience, she should buy a dog.
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Pretty much this. If she wants unquestioning obedience, she should buy a dog.
or a dildo
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6333|Graz, Austria
I think she is Playin' It Cool!

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6726|Riva, MD
I was in Buffalo, New York recently for a wedding and I slept at my aunt's neighbor's house(they're on vacation and close with my aunt).  The son had a court appearance scheduled to contest a seat belt violation, and it said if he failed to appear, his license would get suspended.  I found this surprisingly lenient, since in Maryland(or at least my county) if you fail to appear in court for anything, you get a bench warrant.

My cousin was also telling me about how she has been caught with weed multiple times and only had to pay the equivalent of a parking ticket because NY has decriminalized marijuana since forever ago.  I told her how in Maryland you go to jail for any amount at all and you get a criminal record for it, plus the police wast huge amounts of time and manpower chasing down teenagers and harassing them over it

It's crazy how differently two states can do things from each other, even with them both being on the same extreme of the political spectrum.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3969|SL,UT

today i learned that there not enough hours in a day.
Adams_BJ
Praise Jesus
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6115|eXtreme to the maX

Steve-0 wrote:

today i learned that there not enough hours in a day.
Thats blasphemy.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6726|Riva, MD
Learned a few days ago that a low tire pressure message/light/code from the TPMS system when you get in an accident is enough for insurance to claim it was your fault and jack up your rates regardless of what actually happened.  My mechanic told me that's how they getcha
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6300|Washington St.
I should start my own insurance company. I like legally fucking the shit out of people.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard