Roc18
`
+655|5782|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i think you guys are vastly over-stating the appeal of that lifestyle. hasn't TB said on record several times that he struggles with serious depression and anxiety as a result of his lifestyle? all to be a youtube celebrity? ok. i'm envious. i want all those fat american gamer babes to lust after me.
Lol depression over playing video games for a living and getting paid well. I'd switch positions in a heartbeat.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
i can't tell in the hideous syntax of that sentence what sentiment you're trying to portray. are you trying to say you'd take depression if you could get paid to play video-games for a living? or are you saying, now, that his lifestyle would be switched out in a second, because it implies it makes him unhappy? you only get one life dude. and i think you seriously underestimate how horrific and disabling depression can be. why the fuck would you want to do something that makes you feel unhappy? you do understand the paradox of that statement, right? 'playing games' is supposed to be fun.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6700|England. Stoke

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i think you guys are vastly over-stating the appeal of that lifestyle. hasn't TB said on record several times that he struggles with serious depression and anxiety as a result of his lifestyle? all to be a youtube celebrity? ok. i'm envious. i want all those fat american gamer babes to lust after me.
Lol depression over playing video games for a living and getting paid well. I'd switch positions in a heartbeat.
You're a fucking mong.
Roc18
`

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i can't tell in the hideous syntax of that sentence what sentiment you're trying to portray. are you trying to say you'd take depression if you could get paid to play video-games for a living? or are you saying, now, that his lifestyle would be switched out in a second, because it implies it makes him unhappy? you only get one life dude. and i think you seriously underestimate how horrific and disabling depression can be. why the fuck would you want to do something that makes you feel unhappy? you do understand the paradox of that statement, right? 'playing games' is supposed to be fun.
I'm saying I don't believe that he said he was depressed you mong.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
yeah call me a mong when your standard of written english is back at antebellum levels.

he said so in a long video cast he did about his life. it's where i'm getting all the knowledge i know about TB's life/background from. i don't spend time researching the guy. it's all there in like a 90 minute video. woulda thought you'd seen if you're such a massive fan of his gaming content.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6700|England. Stoke

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

I'm saying I don't believe that he said he was depressed you mong.
Yeah 'cus anyone who made a living making youtube videos about computer games couldn't possible be suffering from depression...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5576

Don't ever stop chasing your dreams, OP.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6613|Little Bentcock
I couldn't think of anything worse than playing video games for a living.

You'd end up volunteering at your old job for fun each evening.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6613|Little Bentcock
To be fair I don't even know who total biscuit is
Benzin
+576|5989

Trotskygrad wrote:

haven't you all watched the vice series on youtube celebrities

most live awful lives
I tried searching for it, but was unable to find it. Care to link me?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245

CapnNismo wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

haven't you all watched the vice series on youtube celebrities

most live awful lives
I tried searching for it, but was unable to find it. Care to link me?
i wouldn't really say it's the same thing. a bunch of ironic too-cool journos go and stick a camera+mic in the face of internet shut-ins who have become 'meme stars'. they are predictably socially awkward and look predictably uncool and geekish next to the vice bright-young-things. it's not really worth watching. one of the girls that presents it though is really hot.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-28 05:29:11)

Roc18
`
I'm 99% sure TB makes more money and gets more pussy than anyone here playing video games for a living.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
lol yeah game nerds are pussy magnets.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5576

Macbeth wrote:

Don't ever stop chasing your dreams, OP.

Roc18 wrote:

I'm 99% sure TB makes more money and gets more pussy than anyone here playing video games for a living.
who is tb?
i think you get paid like 8/hr to play for a living lol
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
totalbiscuit is probably the guy who is the biggest example of a contemporary gaming caster going 'famous'. as close to a 'gaming youtube celebrity' or 'personality' you're going to get. i'm sure there are a few others, maybe with more subscribers, but it's really not the sort of thing i've looked into. basically the pattern in gaming communities has switched from people playing/competing in games to people wanting to become 'pro casters/streamers/commentators' instead. it's this nu-wave thing that has come along with much better streaming/video services and increased pc recording power/hard-drive space. it's a weird new phase imo. i wish the OP the best of luck, but as i said, to grab me you've gotta either be a pro or you've got to have one seriously hooky personality. TB as the highest example is just a casual noob, and is irritating. 14 year olds love him (see: roc).
Roc18
`

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

who is tb?
i think you get paid like 8/hr to play for a living lol
This is TB
https://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/298/d/5/total_biscuit__the_god_father__by_hashtagpepper-d5ixcs6.jpg

Also he fucked Uziques bitch

Last edited by Roc18 (2013-03-28 10:22:42)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
So he's a balding 30 year old who used to work a shitty job and now gets income from playing video games.

He isn't even good at video games.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Roc18
`
He's 28 with a wife and makes money doing something people spend money to do for hours.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America
Being a YouTube celebrity isn't all rainbows and unicorns. Your income is dependent upon the fickle masses of morons who watch you. I've not had the experience myself, but I suspect that being forced to play video games may lessen the enjoyment of them, too.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
have you seen his wife? and i don't think you quite understand the concept of 'when you're forced to do something in order to pay rent, it is no longer a fun activity'. what don't you understand about that? TB has said many times that he very rarely gets time to play games he wants for simple enjoyment anymore. he's almost always playing something to commentate it, record it, or else in some professional event capacity. yeah, when you do something for 8 hours a day because you have to, and you can't afford to eat otherwise... it's not a fun-time activity anymore. why is this so hard for you to understand?

also i don't think 'youtube celebrities' are quite at the level where they can bang hot girls. especially fat ex-game shop employees like TB. lol.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-28 10:52:37)

Roc18
`

DesertFox- wrote:

Being a YouTube celebrity isn't all rainbows and unicorns. Your income is dependent upon the fickle masses of morons who watch you. I've not had the experience myself, but I suspect that being forced to play video games may lessen the enjoyment of them, too.
I'm sure he has some type of safety net. Dude could easily transition to broadcasting jobs. As for Uzique from what I see he doesn't seem depressed about traveling the world to play video games.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
ex game employee and video game commentator on youtube wont look good on a broadcasting resume
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Roc18
`
He works with YouTube with the biggest commentator subscriber base. I'm sure he would get many job offers. I honestly would love to be in his position, easy job and fame?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245

Roc18 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I'm sure he has some type of safety net. Dude could easily transition to broadcasting jobs. As for Uzique from what I see he doesn't seem depressed about traveling the world to play video games.
traveling the world to play video-games? i got taken to a few LAN's by semi-professional teams. i was 14-17. i never considered giving up my real life pursuits or interests for a 'career' or 'job' in video-games. i'm not fucking stupid. TB? he went to a shitty college, got a shitty degree, and then bummed around working in a store selling video-games for his 20's. now he's got a bit of celebrity. ok. wouldn't exactly say that's the same as me playing for a few high-level teams in my teens, before i was even out of school. that's just me, though. i'm not a dumbfuck like you, so i guess i'd look at these things differently.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-28 11:12:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard