SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Religious people love it when outsiders take an interest in their religion. Always happy to get new converts. This guy walked into a black church and sat down and listened for awhile. They were probably happy and thought the guy was 'one of the good white people'. Then he started shooting people.

Now blacks are going to be nervous when a white walks into their church and whites are going to feel unwelcome. The guy set back race and religious relations back in this country. He needs to be executed.
you're dumb.  He should be executed because he is very clearly guilty 100% of committing multiple murders. The only time I support the death penalty is in cases like this.
The result of a criminal's actions on society should be taken into consideration when prosecuting, right? The point of laws are to protect society, right? The guy did a seriously socially detrimental thing that goes beyond the dead nine's lives. That should be put into consideration when sentencing time comes
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
A minor league baseball team in Utah has cancelled plans to host a "Caucasian Heritage Night" in August, according to the team's website.

"Caucasian Heritage Night: Irish, Italian, Scandinavian, German --- or even Utahn! Whatever your background, celebrate it at the Home of the Owlz!" a calendar entry reads.

Other promotions included "Christmas in August" and "Throwback Night".

The team is associated with the Angels, a major league team in California.

"Our goal in this promotion, like any of our promotions, is to have fun and make fun of everyday normalcies," the team said.

"Our night was to include wonder bread on burgers with mayonnaise, clips from shows like Friends and Seinfeld and trying to solve the vertical leaping challenge.

"We understand, in light of recent tragic events, that our intentions have been misconstrued. For that, we sincerely apologise."
Do black pride organisations cancel their shindigs each time a white girl is gang-raped?

Just wondering.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2015-06-20 03:10:57)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Religious people love it when outsiders take an interest in their religion. Always happy to get new converts. This guy walked into a black church and sat down and listened for awhile. They were probably happy and thought the guy was 'one of the good white people'. Then he started shooting people.

Now blacks are going to be nervous when a white walks into their church and whites are going to feel unwelcome. The guy set back race and religious relations back in this country. He needs to be executed.
so he should be executed because he somehow set back race relations?

lolwat.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
If you want to oversimplify it, yes.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
would the families of the victims 'forgiving' him have any mitigating circumstances then?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America

Dilbert_X wrote:

A minor league baseball team in Utah has cancelled plans to host a "Caucasian Heritage Night" in August, according to the team's website.

"Caucasian Heritage Night: Irish, Italian, Scandinavian, German --- or even Utahn! Whatever your background, celebrate it at the Home of the Owlz!" a calendar entry reads.

Other promotions included "Christmas in August" and "Throwback Night".

The team is associated with the Angels, a major league team in California.

"Our goal in this promotion, like any of our promotions, is to have fun and make fun of everyday normalcies," the team said.

"Our night was to include wonder bread on burgers with mayonnaise, clips from shows like Friends and Seinfeld and trying to solve the vertical leaping challenge.

"We understand, in light of recent tragic events, that our intentions have been misconstrued. For that, we sincerely apologise."
Do black pride organisations cancel their shindigs each time a white girl is gang-raped?

Just wondering.
How do people from the Caucasus feel about Caucasian meaning "white", I wonder?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

Cybargs wrote:

would the families of the victims 'forgiving' him have any mitigating circumstances then?
No. Same logic used when someonec commits a hate crime or terrorism. This was terrorism anyway.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2015-06-20 04:50:17)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

If you want to oversimplify it. Same logic used when someonec commits a hate crime or terrorism. This was terrorism anyway.
Acts of terrorism fall under separate legislation for good reason. Either way, this kid is going to get the death penalty.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I'd say Snoop Dog and Spike Lee have set back race relations a good deal more.
CC-Marley
+407|6826

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

And that lady on CNN.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Snoop Dog is a creative choice. Most people just whine about Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

No. Same logic used when someonec commits a hate crime or terrorism. This was terrorism anyway.
No, it was a multiple homicide. Hate crimes, terrorism, just bullshit terms used to give prosecutors another crime to charge them with so plea deals are extra harsh. Both terms need to go away.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Dude wanted to provoke a race war. In his manifesto, (), he pretty much states the political nature of his killing.
I have no choice. I am not in the position to, alone, go into the ghetto and fight. I chose Charleston because it is most historic city in my state, and at one time had the highest ratio of blacks to Whites in the country. We have no skinheads, no real KKK, no one doing anything but talking on the internet. Well someone has to have the bravery to take it to the real world, and I guess that has to be me.
Terrorism is obviously a real thing. Even IF it doesn't apply here. Don't be dumb. 19 people didn't decide to kill 3000 people on 9/11 just for the hell of it that day. They did it for political reasons. It took planning and financing and the involvement of many other people. The helpers had the ability to facilitate more attacks. That is why terrorism laws getting those people arrested for financing and supporting the hijackers are useful and exist.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2015-06-20 17:05:10)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

No, it was a multiple homicide. Hate crimes, terrorism, just bullshit terms used to give prosecutors another crime to charge them with so plea deals are extra harsh. Both terms need to go away.
Terrorism laws should be used as a preventative measure rather than post-facto.
DesertFox-
I was re-reading The Case for Reparations and began to wonder what, if any, methods South Africa implemented at the end of Apartheid to integrate society.

In the U.S., we all know it was still another century before we made another step towards civil rights legislation and the antebellum problems are still with us to this day. As far as reparations go, it seems that would be a "fair" thing to do, but we've put it off so long and the inequality is so great, that it's not possible. Paying money, even the fiscally irresponsible amount that would be required, would do nothing for the intangible effects of the slavery. The game has been rigged for decades, and we're nowhere close to finding a way out.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Somewhere in this thread I linked that article. I am glad I wasn't the only one who read it. It was difficult to find anyone who read it to discuss it with, reasonable people or otherwise. Everyone just read the headline and reacted. Eric Liu mentioned that in his brief supportive and forgettable CNN column.
When Ta-Nehisi Coates of The Atlantic wrote the June cover story, "The Case for Reparations," he set a traffic record for the magazine's website. He provoked responses from across the political and ethnic spectrum. Some of his critics did him the courtesy of reading the entire 16,000-word piece. Others, particularly in the Twittersphere, reacted viscerally to the headline and to reactions to the headline.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/27/opinion/l … s-slavery/

The CNN comment section was toxic in there which is probably why TNC disables Disqus on his articles.

As for your question regarding South Africa, I know they have affirmative action policies that give the black majority privilege over the white minority. That justifiably upsets people the world over because even if you accept AA, it shouldn't be directed against the minority population that way regardless of whatever happened in the past. I believe it is in Malaysia where they have a similar policy directed against their ethnic Chinese citizens who were colonial middlemen for the Europeans.

As for what to do with the U.S. to make things even, I think the time for that has long passed. Any sort of specific help for blacks especially with the R-word attached would stoke so much racial resentment it would hurt race relations and the status of blacks in this country. Already you hear so much bitching about myths like blacks getting free college and black only schools. Or unqualified blacks getting jobs or admission. Those are all myths but there are a lot of perfectly good non-racist white people who believe them and resent it despite again being 100% good and non-racist. I want to get rid of AA for this reason specifically.

Anyway, if you aren't worried about racial resentment and want to make a final fair deal, I think the best way would be by giving blacks favorable access to business and home credit. Give them those crazy interest rates and repayment plans that banks get if they prove themselves responsible or with a good business plan. Genuinely help the best of them build their own institutions instead of giving handouts.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

Ta-Nehisi Coates is one of the best writers in journalism.  I make an effort to read anything he writes.

My stance on reparations has always been first and foremost to go after the insurance companies that profited specifically from slavery.  As anyone who has read 12 Years a Slave knows from the footnotes and citations, insurance on slaves is well-documented.  I think it is fair and just to have specific insurance companies pay into a pool for reparations for anyone that has proof that they are a direct descendant from a slave that was on the insurance rolls.

It's hard to go after the federal government for reparations, but there is decided institutional racism within the government structure at most levels and across all branches and bureaucracies.  The fight should be to eliminate racism within the power structure, and that starts with people's attitudes.  This is already happening as the older white males in power are slowly retiring and/or being pushed out.  The only reason I back affirmative action is for that very reason - the de facto institutional racism.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I have said multiple times on this site that you should watch the show "Show me a hero". It's from the creator of the Wire and director of Crash. It is based on the true story of getting low income housing built in the city of Yonkers. It just came out and will win an emmy for something because it is nearly perfect.

It's a miniseries that is only 6 hours long. You should really take the time to watch it, Ken.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

hey, let's take it to the ee chat or tv show thread.

It's on my list.  I just finished Narcos this weekend.

I didn't particularly love Crash. It was a decent movie but it seemed a little too over the top/cliche.  It felt too forced.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
https://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/880/558/Texas%20Muslim%20Student%20_DeMa.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
If you don't know anything about electronics, that looks like a bomb from a movie. I don't blame the school for panicking. But I think they screwed up by arresting him once they found out it was a clock and he never said it was a bomb.

As for the kid, he is 14 years old. He should have known better than to bring that to school and how people would perceive it. I would not be surprised at all if he was trying to be cute about it and didn't think the school would arrest him. So fuck him.

And the president and everyone else who fell over themselves to reach out to the kid can get fucked too. Especially the president who should know better than to get involved in things like this.
DesertFox-
If that's a normal-sized plug, that is a very small case. I don't know much about electronics either, but I do know about movie bombs and it would look like a movie bomb if there was something that looked like explosive material in there, but there isn't.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I was always given the beady eye whenever I bought bundles of wires and component parts from Radio Shack for my electronics class. The trigger for unfounded suspicion doesn't always hinge on race or religion. Simple ignorance will do just fine.
uziq
+492|3450
race and religion help a lot.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

for sure.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
One of the ass-clowns in my previous company tried to buy industrial quantities of powdered aluminium - I think he got spoken to.
(Thank god he didn't get it, or the company would now be involved in the mother of all product recalls - Alumina makes a nice safe thermally conductive additive to electronics potting, powdered Alumnium does not)

An Indian guy at the same company was picked up by ASIO for taking photos of military bases in the middle of the night for his Flickr project.

It does help if people think just a little bit.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2015-09-24 04:46:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard