SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+613|3395
She literally reached across the board and spun her a 1 when it wasn't her turn. 😭
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,033|6447|PNW

I mean consequences aside (dunno what the palace's role was in her resignation), Hussey did this to herself.

Should a black company man get the cold shoulder at the office because an exec told a racist joke at the company picnic that lead to his resignation?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-12-02 10:37:43)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+613|3395
If the company man is the one who spoke up and got him fired. 🤷

Like I have said, I have literally been in this situation before. While I was writing an earlier post an aide came up to me and asked what country I was am originally from. I said Puerto Rico and smiled. He responded back by saying that some of the other aides were talking about me and they taught I was Egyptian. He said they all said I am wonderful to them and a really nice guy. It was a nice moment.

I should have berated him instead. 🧐
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,033|6447|PNW

Where was the berating up there? Fulani just posted that it was a weird and trippy experience. Anybody should just be able to respond with where they're from (if they want) with no further awkward probing for "where they're really from."

Doesn't she coach on etiquette? Come on.

Not that palace business affects me that much, but it's quite interesting to see all the rocks this overturned.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-12-02 11:36:18)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,801|5781|eXtreme to the maX
A lot to unpack in all this, lets recap:

A black activist who runs a charity "Sistah..." went to a function in full tribal gear and got miffed when someone asked what her background was.

Why would someone who supposedly identifies as British dress up in that way? Thats cultural appropriation no?

If an nth generation Irish-American went to a function at the white house in full St Partrick's Day garb and some octagenarian asked "So, uh, are you Irish then?", if he responded with "No, I'm American, why would you think that you racist bastard, wait til the media hears about this." He'd be dismissed as a baiting moron.

Otherwise at functions and social events its normal and polite to try to make conversation, I get it all the time "So, you're not really Australian are you, you talk like Hugh Grant, where are you from and what visa did you come in on?"
Obviously I punch them in their racist face and move on to the buffet.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-12-02 15:42:43)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,033|6447|PNW

It's still weird and trippy. If someone wearing a loin cloth and war paint told me they were from Germany, I'd just say "OK" and that'd be that. What would I possibly have to gain by pressing the matter? What would a person in high society have to gain from forcibly extracting detailed familial background from a guest? It doesn't make sense.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,801|5781|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

This is a really bad show by this black activist. It will make it harder for blacks to have access to the royal family now. The white lady sounded more clueless than hostile. I have dealt with a lifetime of clueless but friendly white people. Just placate them, network, and wait until they go gently into the night.
When white people are gone who will
a) Keep the lights on
b) Black people have to blame
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,801|5781|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

What would a person in high society have to gain from forcibly extracting detailed familial background from a guest? It doesn't make sense.
High society is founded on familial background, its their primary focus.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+613|3395

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

This is a really bad show by this black activist. It will make it harder for blacks to have access to the royal family now. The white lady sounded more clueless than hostile. I have dealt with a lifetime of clueless but friendly white people. Just placate them, network, and wait until they go gently into the night.
When white people are gone who will
a) Keep the lights on
b) Black people have to blame
According to Kanye West, the Jews.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,033|6447|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

What would a person in high society have to gain from forcibly extracting detailed familial background from a guest? It doesn't make sense.
High society is founded on familial background, its their primary focus.
I mean, maybe in a period novel. But this is 2022 and the whole encounter sounds really bizarre.

Like, what would she be expecting in this case? For her to proudly straighten and declare "I'm the second daughter of the Marquess of Francoville?"

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-12-02 16:26:14)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+613|3395
Maybe the white lady wanted to talk to her about her visit to Africa in 1954.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,801|5781|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I mean, maybe in a period novel. But this is 2022 and the whole encounter sounds really bizarre.

Like, what would she be expecting in this case? For her to proudly straighten and declare "I'm the second daughter of the Marquess of Francoville?"
Thats exactly how 'society' the world over works.

I mean, don't WASPs spend half their lives tracing their genealogy back to the Mayflower and maneuvering their daughters into the sights of a minor Kennedy?

And in Africa family tribalism is literally everything, it drives all the corruption and nepotism - just as it does in the rest of the world.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
Member
+492|3128

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

This is a really bad show by this black activist. It will make it harder for blacks to have access to the royal family now. The white lady sounded more clueless than hostile. I have dealt with a lifetime of clueless but friendly white people. Just placate them, network, and wait until they go gently into the night.
When white people are gone who will
a) Keep the lights on
b) Black people have to blame
you are so puerile and obnoxious.

what if i told you – there are black women engineers who have achieved mountains more than you ever have?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Ann_Jackson

you couldn't hold a candle to this woman. 'couldn't keep the lights on'. lmao. grow the fuck up my guy.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,033|6447|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I mean, maybe in a period novel. But this is 2022 and the whole encounter sounds really bizarre.

Like, what would she be expecting in this case? For her to proudly straighten and declare "I'm the second daughter of the Marquess of Francoville?"
Thats exactly how 'society' the world over works.

I mean, don't WASPs spend half their lives tracing their genealogy back to the Mayflower and maneuvering their daughters into the sights of a minor Kennedy?

And in Africa family tribalism is literally everything, it drives all the corruption and nepotism - just as it does in the rest of the world.
What on earth are you on about? Kennedys and WASPs? Tribal nepotism? What does any of that have to do with a painfully, obviously, quite unnecessarily, pushy interrogation by an old hand who should have 100 times over known better? How did this that unpack here to "hur hur black people don't understand ekiltrisity" and a critique of her print dress (who the heck cares?!)? It hurts my brain.

Like the one teacher doing algebra war dances who'd been doing it for years unchecked, how long was this Lady being passive aggressive about that sort of thing before someone finally mentioned it on social media? Was it a just one time thing. I was only ever going to post about it once or maybe twice. Why have you and mac decided to bring the hammer down on this woman in particular? "Silly names! Silly dress! Should just shut up!"
uziq
Member
+492|3128
it's fairly clear that the woman's remarks were dripping in class condescension and patronisation. that's their whole M.O. any two equals in a conversation would easily have brushed over that with ordinary tact, manners, and good sense. if you're making your interlocuter in a conversation visibly uncomfortable, it really doesn't take advanced social skills to just move on and let it be. this woman didn't, because they weren't talking as equals, were they?

who cares what she wears to a formal dress? she was invited there in a capacity for her charity work for a minority-based organisation. she wore traditional dress. how is it 'appropriation' for a black briton to wear african clothing? it's perfectly possible for people to have multiple identities and to celebrate a diverse lineage: you can be proud to be british and proud to be of african extraction. that's what a pluralist, modern society is. especially a post-imperial one. do you just expect all the ex-imperial subjects to be absorbed into mainstream britishness and to abandon all of their deeper cultural identity? have you abandoned your entire british identity now you're a settled australian, 'hugh grant'? (LMFAO if there's one vibe you don't give off, it's debonair sophisticated british gentleman).
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,801|5781|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

it's perfectly possible for people to have multiple identities and to celebrate a diverse lineage: you can be proud to be british and proud to be of african extraction.
So whats the big deal of being asked about it when you make a big deal of putting it on display?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,801|5781|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

'couldn't keep the lights on'. lmao. grow the fuck up my guy.
JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA —
South Africa's state power utility, Eskom, has implemented its highest level of nationwide power cuts to reduce pressure on the grid after two more of its aging power plants broke down.

South Africans will be forced to go up to nine hours a day without electricity, putting a severe strain on Africa's most industrialized economy.

...

The current electricity crisis has been brewing for a decade. The cash-strapped and debt-ridden power utility relies on aging coal plants that are prone to breakdowns.

Corruption has also weakened the utility considerably, said independent political analyst Ralph Mathekga.

"The problem with loadshedding is that ours is self-created, it is about corruption, inability to turn things around and fight against corruption," Mathekga said.

If South Africa's energy crisis persists, there will be massive damage to the economy, which has already been badly hit by the pandemic, with the official unemployment currently at 33.9 percent.
https://www.voanews.com/a/south-african … 53550.html

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-12-02 22:02:04)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,801|5781|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

what if i told you – there are black women engineers who have achieved mountains more than you ever have?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Ann_Jackson

wiki wrote:

Shirley Ann Jackson, FREng (born August 5, 1946) is an American physicist
Great reading comprehension there chap.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
Member
+492|3128

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

it's perfectly possible for people to have multiple identities and to celebrate a diverse lineage: you can be proud to be british and proud to be of african extraction.
So whats the big deal of being asked about it when you make a big deal of putting it on display?
because she did answer the question, fully? she didn't make a 'big deal'?

she felt uncomfortable by repeated, condescending probing. and she telegraphed that discomfort. which was met with the old lady only doubling down.

it's really not hard to be civil, you'd think so least of all from the nobility, who have nothing to do with their time except to supposedly refine their manners and social graces.
uziq
Member
+492|3128

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

what if i told you – there are black women engineers who have achieved mountains more than you ever have?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Ann_Jackson

wiki wrote:

Shirley Ann Jackson, FREng (born August 5, 1946) is an American physicist
Great reading comprehension there chap.
according to your own logic, african-americans and africans are the same 'animal'. here's a black woman whose CV blows your engineering achievements out of the water. so what do you have to say in your grand racialising theories about her 'racial intelligence'?

she has a PhD in physics but worked at bell labs, in applied science. her research helped to pioneer several of the technologies which shape our lives today. and you keep banging on about a periscope or something or other. regardless of her present job title, physicist or engineer, she's a whole plateau of scientific achievement above you. a black woman.

good job chap.

Last edited by uziq (2022-12-02 22:24:17)

uziq
Member
+492|3128

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

'couldn't keep the lights on'. lmao. grow the fuck up my guy.
JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA —
South Africa's state power utility, Eskom, has implemented its highest level of nationwide power cuts to reduce pressure on the grid after two more of its aging power plants broke down.

South Africans will be forced to go up to nine hours a day without electricity, putting a severe strain on Africa's most industrialized economy.

...

The current electricity crisis has been brewing for a decade. The cash-strapped and debt-ridden power utility relies on aging coal plants that are prone to breakdowns.

Corruption has also weakened the utility considerably, said independent political analyst Ralph Mathekga.

"The problem with loadshedding is that ours is self-created, it is about corruption, inability to turn things around and fight against corruption," Mathekga said.

If South Africa's energy crisis persists, there will be massive damage to the economy, which has already been badly hit by the pandemic, with the official unemployment currently at 33.9 percent.
https://www.voanews.com/a/south-african … 53550.html
lol half of europe was looking at electricity shortages and blackouts this winter because of its own dodgy supply-side issues.

is south africa notably corrupt? yes. but then again so is russia. so was ukraine, really. you might need to revise your racial theory, yet again.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,801|5781|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

she has a PhD in physics but worked at bell labs, in applied science.
Exactly, not an engineer.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,801|5781|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

because she did answer the question, fully? she didn't make a 'big deal'?
No, she didn't, then made it a big deal by running to the media.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,801|5781|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

lol half of europe was looking at electricity shortages and blackouts this winter because of its own dodgy supply-side issues.
Not so much 'dodgy supply side issue' as a multi-decade long self own due to pure ineptitude and corruption.

South Africa has a coal surplus yet can't keep its power stations running.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_in_South_Africa

The money which should have been spent maintaining power stations and building new ones has gone to line the pockets of corrupt officials on tribal lines.

Thats the future for the world now.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
Member
+492|3128
yes and stripmining of assets and selling off the national state assets to rich pals didn’t happen in the white west, did it?

were thatcherites a ‘tribe’? use some more dodgy scientific-sounding terminology! it’ll shore up your argument!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2023 Jeff Minard