Announcement

Major changes have been made site wide. If you experience problems, please send tazz. a PM.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,279|6199

Dilbert_X wrote:

"Assault and harassment", 8" 'butter knife', completely bemused why the police were called, no idea why you were put in the cells and bailed for a month, thrown out of your house over 'nothing'.

OK sure.
do you even know what bail is lmao
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,279|6199

Dilbert_X wrote:

What I do know is the police don't send riot police and sniffer dogs out to 'forcibly enter' to check on a depressed kid.
you really dont know how policing works lmao.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
Member
+487|2935
crazy isn’t it.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,012|6254|USA

One true thing about all this is that uzique may be lucky he wasn't in America when this stuff went down and shot like 87 times in an overzealous 'drug raid' because some nervous cop imagined there was a gun and fired, triggering nearby cops to lend their support to the cause.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+605|3202
I mentioned that before. Uzique called me a mongrel in response.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,012|6254|USA

I mean in this whole exchange. You made a good point.
uziq
Member
+487|2935
am i supposed to somehow feel grateful that i didn’t get shot to death for doing nothing more antisocial than playing music loudly and having a domestic argument?

like i don’t know how to answer to americans who say ‘consider yourself lucky that your police force aren’t a murderous, racist and mostly unaccountable bunch of thugs’.

i could have been anywhere in europe or east asia or really anywhere else in the civilised world and not been at threat of being shot to death over a house call. this isn’t ’white privilege’, it’s the cops doing the job they’re trained for fucking properly.

very strong argument though guys. smugly clap yourselves on the back because you live in a failed police state.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,012|6254|USA

You'll hopefully forgive us for having low confidence in the restraint of our law enforcement. We'd try and change things, y'know, but blue lives matter and the police won't want to do their jobs and the criminals are running rampant.

You'll notice that I'm not the one badgering you about white privilege or whatever, or much involved in an argument at all? I've mostly not commented on this recent exchange? You can go ahead and spin back around to face down dilbert or whoever.

‘consider yourself lucky that your police force aren’t a murderous, racist and mostly unaccountable bunch of thugs’.
It is kinda what they are though, isn't it.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,012|6254|USA

You're lucky that you weren't in America making heart signs at our cops:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/129909067 … -us-police
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,279|6199

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You're lucky that you weren't in America making heart signs at our cops:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/129909067 … -us-police
bruh....
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,790|5588|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

if i had a more serious criminal rap sheet i wouldn't be ashamed of admitting it here to 4 regular readers. the simple fact is i don't. my very BEING resident in korea is a clear and obvious proof that i don't.
Thats not the issue, the question is what really happened -  and your story has changed multiple times now, that you don't have a criminal record is irrelevant.

you claiming i could 'pay' my way out of it or had 'special privileges' really is just such nonsense. yes, a 19-year-old drug-addled kid had the powers and influence to make a MURDEROUS KNIFE THREAT go away.
The point was that as a white kid in a leafy suburb you'd be treated differently to a black kid in Brixton.

I'm guessing your Oxford-reject housemates were happy to see you carted off, but then self-preservation kicked in and they decided or were advised they didn't really want to press charges, didn't really want to have to make statements, attend court etc. because that stuff doesn't get wiped away.

"So tell us again young Tarquin/Henrietta, how long did you know little uziq was taking what are now illegal mind-altering substances on an industrial scale? Six months you say? And right under your nose? And you weren't involved at all?"

With no statements, no willing witnesses and nothing at the time illegal found the Police probably didn't have a whole lot they could press even if they wanted to.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
Member
+487|2935
press charges? written statements? witnesses? for a drugs possession offence? hahahaha.  oh man.

“what are now illegal?” do you think this is how the law ever works? you can’t call in someone for questioning about things after they’re made illegal. that’s FUNDAMENTALLY not how the law works.

why on earth would they need to call in several witnesses for testimony even if i did possess class A drugs? it’s a simple offence dispensed with by a morning at the magistrates court, not a protracted trial requiring witnesses for the prosecution and defense. they hadn’t just captured pablo escobar.

you are an idiot.

why are you still even arguing?

why would they be legally implicated themselves in a person taking drugs in a multi-occupancy house? even if i had cocaine in my possession, it wouldn’t make my housemates guilty of anything by proxy or association.

no, my housemates were not involved in my partying at all. that’s not how student accommodation and living arrangements work. you rent a private room in a large subdivided property.

you are clueless ffs. don’t quit your day job.

Last edited by uziq (2022-09-22 04:18:57)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,279|6199

Dilbert_X wrote:

With no statements, no willing witnesses and nothing at the time illegal found the Police probably didn't have a whole lot they could press even if they wanted to.
yeah kinda how it works... "nothing illegal happened" the fuck you want them to do? waste tax payers money on non-existent charges?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,790|5588|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

why on earth would they need to call in several witnesses for testimony even if i did possess class A drugs?
For the making threats and rampaging around with a knife part, dur.

Not that the police really give a crap, pretty well anything which happens inside a dwelling short of a murder is dismissed as a 'domestic' and written off.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
Member
+487|2935
ah yes, because when a person gets arrested for threatening GBH with a lethal weapon, they are bailed the next day and allowed to return to the exact same residential property.

again, don’t quit your day job, defective dilderp.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,790|5588|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

bailed the next day and allowed to return to the exact same residential property.
How do we know this is true though?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,012|6254|USA

I've looked it up and (tentatively, because I'm not intimately familiar in depth with details for being allowed to take up residency, though I didn't see past convictions listed?) South Korea is one country a convicted felon may travel to. For a hypothetical American, so long as they finish probation, have no outstanding warrants, and possess a valid passport.

It seems more telling that zeek wasn't ejected from college over "threats of violent crime," and is now living abroad doing remote work at his leisure at all, than whether or not SK let him in.

So this line of questioning and nudgery seems pretty obnoxious to me, but hey you do you.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-09-22 09:34:08)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+605|3202
Lets conjure Jay from the abyss and see what he thinks.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,012|6254|USA

On that, I know a couple of people who have spooky ouija stories. It annoyed one person telling their story when I expressed doubt, but the planchette getting flung off the board still sounds like something startled players could do.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-09-22 10:11:07)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+605|3202
I have a ghost story. I was sitting in my bedroom and the song "Funky Kentucky" started playing on my Amazon Alexa on its own. I messaged the band and it turns out some of them were from my area even though they live in Kentucky.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
Member
+487|2935

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I've looked it up and (tentatively, because I'm not intimately familiar in depth with details for being allowed to take up residency, though I didn't see past convictions listed?) South Korea is one country a convicted felon may travel to. For a hypothetical American, so long as they finish probation, have no outstanding warrants, and possess a valid passport.

It seems more telling that zeek wasn't ejected from college over "threats of violent crime," and is now living abroad doing remote work at his leisure at all, than whether or not SK let him in.

So this line of questioning and nudgery seems pretty obnoxious to me, but hey you do you.
i’m not american and we don’t have the same diplomatic relations with korea. very silly line of approach.

to get a working visa you have to submit a criminal background check. the embassy won’t even consider your application until you can provide a clean record and a clean bill of health.

the visas are competitive and limited in number each year. there is no way anyone could come out here from britain with a criminal record to find work. i doubt even a spent conviction would do. if at any point you want to interact with children, e.g. as a private tutor, you have to submit an enhanced CRB, which will literally printout every single thing the police database - not the public record - has on you, including times arrested and kept in jail, for instance. 

if they were to see that, your application would be summarily rejected. again, it’s limited in number; we don’t enjoy special travel privileges like americans (who could come to korea for almost all of the pandemic even when every other country had banned flights, for instance); there would no chance to call up an embassy worker and explain those minor indiscretions away. i wouldn’t be here if i had any police dirt on me. period.

not even that, but my background check had to be submitted to the bloody Foreign Office to be verified and apostilled. that is, i had to have a UK diplomat look over and approve my shit even before the koreans could look at it. i think they would have flagged the ‘assault with a lethal weapon’ thing at some point.

this whole convo is literally ludicrous. only one person here has gone through this whole process and yet i’m being told why the police didn’t press charges against me 10 years ago and why i managed to graduate and move abroad. lmao ffs. you lot must be reallllllly bored.

Last edited by uziq (2022-09-22 10:48:24)

unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,012|6254|USA

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I have a ghost story. I was sitting in my bedroom and the song "Funky Kentucky" started playing on my Amazon Alexa on its own. I messaged the band and it turns out some of them were from my area even though they live in Kentucky.
I have no plans to put one of those things in my house. An Alexa, not a ghost.
uziq
Member
+487|2935

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

bailed the next day and allowed to return to the exact same residential property.
How do we know this is true though?
because i was posting on the forum practically the very next day as soon as i got my phone back lol.

how long do you think a person can legally be held in jail without charges being pressed dilbert? as i said, i’m not a terrorist or a risk to national security. there’s a very short and very finite limit on how long you can detain someone in a local jail. this isn’t the states. i wasn’t sent to rikers island for 400 days pre-trial.

in fact, i was only kept there overnight because they insisted i had a psych worker evaluate me for my drug intoxication and frame of mind before releasing me. i was arrested in the early hours and there were no ‘state defender’-type psych workers available until 8am the next morning. so i stayed overnight for that reason.

you can’t keep someone for days because of suspected drugs possession. that’s just not how it works.

and if i had been arrested because of a violent crime involving a weapon, they wouldn’t have let me go back home to the exact same living situation with the exact same person. they wouldn’t have ‘dropped the matter’ because my housemates ‘changed their mind’. are you seriously this dumb?

the funniest thing is that my ex-gf’s new boyfriend’s parents were both senior barristers, both very protective over their dah-ling boy, and both wanted to throw the book at me. pretty well the opposite of the scenario you propose (and which safely scotches the idea he could get in trouble for hanging around a party property with drugs in it). but they had literally nothing on me. about a week later i had a sharp knock at my bedroom door and opened it to find the father. i immediately asked him ‘what the hell do you think you’re doing?’ because it was pretty clear that he was trying to size me up or intimidate me somehow, which was of course extremely unprofessional. i was on bail at this point - just for a drugs offence that i knew i’d be let off for without hitch. so clearly in his frustration this guy thought he would come around to ‘give me a piece of his mind’. if those people wanted to press charges they could have at the very least had me cautioned or slapped with a restraining order. but Nada.

why do you think the girl is still texting me amiably, romantically even, 10 years later if i threatened to kill her with an “8 inch blade” and was stalking around a house, putting the fear of god into them? lol ffs.

makes my head hurt. you should read more detective fiction. you’re more inspector clouseau than sherlock holmes if i’m honest.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+605|3202

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I have a ghost story. I was sitting in my bedroom and the song "Funky Kentucky" started playing on my Amazon Alexa on its own. I messaged the band and it turns out some of them were from my area even though they live in Kentucky.
I have no plans to put one of those things in my house. An Alexa, not a ghost.
They are great. Voice activated lights and plugs etc.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,012|6254|USA

uziq wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I've looked it up and (tentatively, because I'm not intimately familiar in depth with details for being allowed to take up residency, though I didn't see past convictions listed?) South Korea is one country a convicted felon may travel to. For a hypothetical American, so long as they finish probation, have no outstanding warrants, and possess a valid passport.

It seems more telling that zeek wasn't ejected from college over "threats of violent crime," and is now living abroad doing remote work at his leisure at all, than whether or not SK let him in.

So this line of questioning and nudgery seems pretty obnoxious to me, but hey you do you.
i’m not american and we don’t have the same diplomatic relations with korea. very silly line of approach.

to get a working visa you have to submit a criminal background check. the embassy won’t even consider your application until you can provide a clean record and a clean bill of health.

the visas are competitive and limited in number each year. there is no way anyone could come out here from britain with a criminal record to find work. i doubt even a spent conviction would do.

this whole convo is literally ludicrous. only one person here has gone through this whole process and yet i’m being told why the police didn’t press charges against me 10 years and why i managed to graduate and move abroad. lmao ffs. you lot must be reallllllly bored.
I honestly don't really care about beyond making comment and spending five minutes casually looking stuff up (felons technically allowed, though saying nothing in my prior post about how it affects prioritization), because this convo is taking up multiple threads here for multiple days.

No issues here deferring to the testimony of the person who went on to finish college and is now living in a foreign country, because it makes more sense than people bending over backwards because you threw your teenage weight around ten years ago. I resent being lumped in with your "you lot," that's unfair.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard