Announcement

Major changes have been made site wide. If you experience problems, please send tazz. a PM.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,015|6265|USA

One of my college friends I'm out of touch with has a crappy job in food service, but they've turned down numerous offers for higher positions in the company (and maybe a track into corporate?). Maybe the benefits weren't worth the amount of additional responsibilities, I dunno, but they continued to complain about their day-to-day hassle in the low-level job they were apparently satisfied enough with to prefer.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+607|3213

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Somebody working a crappy job and living at home probably has a lot of confidence issues to work through on top of money issues. I can empathize, a lot of self-worth in this country is based on success. I saw an article before stating like a third of Americans 18-34 still live with their parents. A not small amount. You made it out though, congratulations.
I had depression and was still working towards something. Even when I was living at home I was still collecting degrees and trying to improve myself. I don't think I am special or anything. That's the thing about it. If I, a brown mentally ill dude, could do it, despite however long it took, I don't get why a lot of white guys can't get it together. I think if I was born white I would have had a much easier time of it all. Then again butterfly effect and all.

The only explanation I can come up with is that the adversity I faced made me focused on overcoming it. Maybe some white guys, to their own detriment, don't have the same sort of pressure to do better.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
Member
+491|2946
people react differently to stress and challenges. and that isn’t necessarily racially coded or a matter of privilege, either.

some people can forebear untold suffering and others put that 1911 in their mouth after a small, final setback. something that barely even registers on the scale of grievance. it’s hard to measure or understand the internal pressures that another person may or may not be experiencing.

i personally don’t understand people who want to stop learning or experiencing new growth or new challenges. people who are not intellectually curious. people who ‘stop reading after college’ and just become all about the grind or ‘maximising their gains’ or whatever. ‘a sheep in a mercedes and a sheep without are all following the same flock to the abattoir’. but mental illness is something else.

Last edited by uziq (2022-09-19 16:16:03)

unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,015|6265|USA

Pretty much. Mac's lucky that one of his responses to being in that situation was to collect degrees and get a better job. Other people feel helpless and withdraw.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+607|3213
Uzique, how are you feeling? How are you reacting to the checks notes adversity, helplessness, and withdrawal brought on by the Queen's death? Would you like to talk to my therapist for a little while?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
Member
+491|2946
don't project your mental illness onto me, dude. i'm truly sorry that you vaped a little too much and had some average lays in your long summer holiday, which badly discombobulated you so. might i recommend getting a grip?

imagine trying to work freelance if a summer recess threatens to send you to bedlam.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+607|3213
I am man enough to admit when I need help. You need help. You need to let the Queen go.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
Member
+491|2946
it's like one of those scenes in the reception area, when tony is waiting. you're staring at a picture of a sweet old lady with a kind, fulfilled smile and a twinkle in her eyes. all you can think of is her sex life, and the need to make jokes about it. a very simple freudian case, a demonstration of the law of opposites, and of expressing your own emotion through its converse, verwandlung ins gegenteil.

the sexual purity and good christian conduct of that sweet old lady make you want to crack jokes and troll to ease your own discomfort over your own far from exemplary public behaviour. a lifetime of service! personal sacrifice! duty! these terms strike fear into the poor shuddering judd who can't even spend a day at work without trying to corrupt some  keeper of the supply cupboard with down's syndrome.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+607|3213
You are like Silvio driving the car ruminating about how disrespected the Queen is.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/27KQODo0vXs/hqdefault.jpg
the queen. She sacrificed for the country. Did what was right

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2022-09-19 17:58:25)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
Member
+491|2946
rather be silvio than christopher, my guy.

just think, she had her shit under control at age 21 when she was crowned. you're nearing 30 and a little bit of vape juice and chinese coochie sends you to arkham aslyum. sad!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+607|3213
Of course you like Silvio. He killed a woman.

Have you ever talked to someone about threatening to murder your exgirlfriend? Maybe you should have talked to someone before you threatened a double murder suicide.

Poor you!
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
Member
+491|2946
that ex-girlfriend is coming to visit me in korea, haha. over a decade after we met. i told you before, we keep in touch.

and, last time i checked, anyone with a criminal record is not eligible for a visa in korea. so, really make u think ... perhaps i never threatened to kill anybody?

silvio was performing his duty. just like the queen. noblesse oblige. loyalty to a capo. these concepts are alien to you because you are from inferior stock. you wish you were british, or even a descendant of an italian peasant with an ounce of the old values.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+607|3213
You threatened to kill her. Detective Dilbert showed me the recordings. It's all on tape.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
Member
+491|2946
whatever i said to dilberts in high or drunken PMs at the time was evidently a lot of colour and dramatization. i was taken into custody for a night ... if i committed even simple assault and threatened harm to someone, i would have a record, even a caution. ergo: no visa to an extremely tight and homogeneous country that has little need of foreigners, let alone foreigners with violent offences on their record. figure out what's more likely, dumkopf!

Last edited by uziq (2022-09-19 18:20:54)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+607|3213
Your dad got you off on the charges like Tony saved AJ for trying to knife Uncle Jun.

I know your sins. God knows your sins. The Queen knows your sins.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
Member
+491|2946
i did my time and penance. we repaired our relationship and matured. we have a healthy and happy correspondence now. occasionally we have wonderful and entirely battery-free romantic liaisons.

if you don't believe in the redeemability of man, what sort of christian are you?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+607|3213
I am a Catholic. You must explain your sins to a pedophile before you are free and clear...

That actually gave me a great idea. I will call up a priest and see what they say about my predicament.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,790|5600|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Somebody working a crappy job and living at home probably has a lot of confidence issues to work through on top of money issues. I can empathize, a lot of self-worth in this country is based on success. I saw an article before stating like a third of Americans 18-34 still live with their parents. A not small amount. You made it out though, congratulations.
Its hard to bootstrap yourself into life, hard enough with mentors and a support network. A lot harder without.

Adversity knocks a lot of people down, and the only way to learn to deal with adversity is to deal with adversity - which is great.

Most people have to try a bunch of things before they find something which works, some people keep trying but have terrible luck and never get there.
At some point depression kicks in.

Some people never make the linkage between effort and reward, either they're rich and spoiled or everything fails or the rewards just aren't there however much effort is put in


^ Of course none of this applies to me -  I've always been awesome.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,790|5600|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

whatever i said to dilberts in high or drunken PMs at the time was evidently a lot of colour and dramatization. i was taken into custody for a night ... if i committed even simple assault and threatened harm to someone, i would have a record, even a caution. ergo: no visa to an extremely tight and homogeneous country that has little need of foreigners, let alone foreigners with violent offences on their record. figure out what's more likely, dumkopf!
It was a public post, I could probably find it.

You probably benefitted from white privilege and got let off - the plod couldn't care less about drugged-up rich kids at a snooty college being stupid.

No record doesn't mean a thing, a police officer I knew said if he prosecuted everyone who threatened to kill someone he would do literally nothing else
"That guy looked at my bird, I'll fucking kill him" etc.

You didn't have a night in a cell for nothing, count yourself lucky.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
Member
+491|2946
a lot of people spend a night in the cells if they get too drunk on a night out and come a cropper. it's not a huge stain against my name and i don't carry it around like some huge shame.

the idea i would have 'gotten off lightly' if i was arrested for threatening to murder someone with a knife is pretty fanciful. 'white privilege': did that discourse even exist in 2010? this isn't the USA where a rich white kid can get his daddy to post bail, or call the local sheriff. i'm pretty sure the fine officers of staines regarded me with contempt, not class solidarity. i was interviewed by an indian bloke, for a start. and posh university students up on the hill were not exactly of kith and kin with the working population of staines. 'town and gown'.

all your ideas are very fanciful. best to use occam's razor for this one, methinks. any crime involving violence or a weapon isn't going to disappear from a person's police record. it will show up on any background checks i take for international visas or sensitive jobs, such as those potentially involving tutoring children. ... is it not just possible that ... i never got into that much trouble in the first place and never actually took an ex-girlfriend hostage?!? make u think.

i do consider myself lucky in one regard: they took me for possession of a powdered substance that was only legal for a few more days as of my arrest. the law was about to change and our little partying bubble was about to be burst. but, then again, if it had been illegal at the time, i wouldn't have had any means of getting hold of it ... a bunch of 19 year olds at a campus university in the millionaire golf belt didn't have access to actual drug dealers then, believe it or not.

Last edited by uziq (2022-09-20 03:28:20)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,790|5600|eXtreme to the maX
You didn't say you took anyone hostage, this is new, what you said was you were high and rampaging around with a knife making threats, your housemates were so scared they called the police - who took you away.

You weren't cautioned or charged - big deal, happens all the time - so it won't show up on any record check.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
Member
+491|2946
point being, if someone was 'rampaging around with a knife', it would be a police caution at a minimum. lol. who the fuck gets lets out the next morning with a finger wag when they've been threatening people with a lethal weapon?!? make it make fucking sense.

the only ongoing legal tangle i had was waiting a few weeks for the lab tests to confirm that the powder i was in possession of was, in fact, legal, as i protested and claimed at the time. i knew i was in the all clear there. so, yep: no consequences whatsoever.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,790|5600|eXtreme to the maX
So why did the police take you away in the first place? Because you had a bag of powder?
Thats what makes no sense.

IIRC It was reclassified as an illegal drug shortly after and you were lucky to get away with it.

Here we go, even this is confused, apparently you were making threats to others and yourself.
Maybe the truth will come out one day.

https://i.imgur.com/HsbZ80p.jpg
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,279|6210

Dilbert_X wrote:

So why did the police take you away in the first place? Because you had a bag of powder?
Thats what makes no sense.

IIRC It was reclassified as an illegal drug shortly after and you were lucky to get away with it.
someone off their head regardless of reasons will get coppers called lmao doesnt mean any charges are laid.

wow zique had a legal substance so whats your point dilbs? how is it lucky to get away carrying something that isnt illegal? there's a reason why retrospective criminal law is a big no no
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
Member
+491|2946
So why did the police take you away in the first place? Because you had a bag of powder?
Thats what makes no sense.
how are you so fucking dumb? lol. if the police get called out to a residential address with mention of drugs, they come and they find a bag of white powder, they're knicking you. it looks like cocaine and for all they know it is, until they get a reagent test or a lab analysis done on it. try concealing a bag of flour or sugar on your person and getting patted down by a cop. they will knick you. 'that's what makes no sense'? lol what the fuck are you talking about man? that was their entire probable cause for arresting me right there. 'possession of class A controlled substance'. hell, i had enough quantity for them to push for a 'with intent to distribute and supply', even. having class A's on you is more than a ticket-able offence, dilbert. you're going to the station.

'8 inch blade'. lol. it was a BUTTER knife on a kitchen plate, where i had the packet of powdered drugs and which i was using to crush up the powder into lines. drug paraphernalia. it was taken as evidence for that reason. they asked me why i had a knife and i said 'because i was just eating cake'. being a smart arse. there was never any insinuation i was going to commit a massacre with a fucking butter knife. drugs come in little paper wraps and the powder needs to be broken down. they seized everything in my room that had traces of powder on it.

as i said, i was handy at dramatizing my predicament because it all seemed much, much more serious then, to a 19 year old, than it really was. it sounds pretty exciting to say i was arrested with an 8 inch blade in my room. certainly better-sounding than admitting i was humiliated by a squadron of police because i was a lost little lamb going through a bad breakup, at any rate. but you do know what actually happens to people who make threats to others with a machete, right ... ? they don't get a finger wag and let out the next morning with no consequence. that's a straight-up prosecutable offence.

yes, i said in my post above that it was due for its first classification shortly after i was caught. but that's a bit of a null point because i wouldn't have had possession of it at all if it was illegal, duh. we were all partying with legal, cheap, and easily available drugs. none of us knew a drug dealer or had ever interacted with one. we were NINETEEN years old.

Cybargs wrote:

here's a reason why retrospective criminal law is a big no no
i remember being extremely cocky in my quick interview with the policeman who booked me into the station, because i knew the substances were then legal. he was asking where i got it from and i was explaining, in great detail, how easy it was to buy off the internet, how the entire local small town were flooded with moped delivery drivers, how the royal mail were posting it through letterboxes with regular post every morning, etc ... lel. i was still buzzing and high at the time but, yeah, the foolishness of a youth with a little pre-university law experience.

Last edited by uziq (2022-09-20 04:53:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard