Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

are you really going to claim that segregation and racial discrimination don't exist?
Where is segregation govt policy? Apart from Israel?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

"Slavery in the past, racism is over. Everyone has equal representation now" claim people a country where statues of confederate officials loom over the entrances to city halls, slave owners give name to public high schools, and innocent black people live with an expectation of being unduly harassed by macbeth's pigmen.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

are you really going to claim that segregation and racial discrimination don't exist?

Legacy? Most people manage to shake off their 'legacy' after a few generations.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"Slavery in the past, racism is over. Everyone has equal representation now" claim people a country where statues of confederate officials loom over the entrances to city halls, slave owners give name to public high schools, and innocent black people live with an expectation of being unduly harassed by macbeth's pigmen.
I'm sure statues make people smoke crack and rob stores.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

We could (again) go over the ghettoization of black/ethnic America and so on, but you have an uninterrupted pipeline from one ear straight to the other for that material. "Sure that it has something to do with the black dna strands instead, my sciences told me."
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Seriously, there is like a fold-space device somewhere in your head that selectively intercepts information and instantly transmits it to some insatiable vortex of a recycle bin in the back of your mind without touching any other part of your brain. A sci-fi concept worthy of Dune.
uziq
+492|3450

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

Legacy? Most people manage to shake off their 'legacy' after a few generations.
it's right there in the way that black communities are disproportionately policed.

jim crow was de jure segregation, which was comfortably within living memory. a whole slew of zoning rules and policy or market led initiatives have added to de facto segregation.

you don't have to look very hard for this stuff. you're just deeply invested in pretending it doesn't exist.

Last edited by uziq (2021-08-05 07:01:33)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

uziq wrote:

it may surprise you that women might want to serve in their military, just as men voluntarily do so.

you mock and pose with these ‘trad cath’ gender roles. meanwhile you crawl around the local dive joints and simp over barmaids. lmao. why don’t you explain to them that military service is oppression and women belong at home, presumably giving birth to your degenerate spawn?
The Indonesian army has hinted that it will end mandatory "virginity tests" for female recruits, in a move that has been welcomed by human rights groups.

For decades, the army has subjected female recruits -- as well as, in some instances, the prospective wives of male soldiers -- to the "abusive, unscientific, and discriminatory" tests, Human Rights Watch said in a statement on its website.
During the invasive tests, women have two fingers inserted into their vagina by a doctor of either sex, in a bid to assess whether they have an intact hymen.
So it turns out those Indonesian lady soldiers are fact being oppressed.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

You always do stuff like post a picture out of context for some kind of leading purpose. "Defeat Islam" underneath a picture of girls with guns. There's literally no way to tell what on earth you're on about until the punchline several days later.
uziq
+492|3450
yeah weird form of ‘gotcha!’

and the news states that they’re ending it …?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

re: "trump is old news, a relic of the past"

Probably a mistaken, maybe dangerous mindset. Americans should remain fired up for upcoming elections.

Donald Trump is still the leader of Republican Party, RNC chair says
https://nypost.com/2021/08/08/trump-sti … aniel/amp/

Former President Donald Trump is still calling the shots for the GOP, as is evident by his more than $100 million war chest, a party honcho said Sunday.

“When you see the amount of people that show up to the rallies for President Trump, and his $102 million fundraising haul, I think that voters in America, Republicans in America, would absolutely say the [former] president’s the most popular Republican and still leads the party,” said Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel on radio’s “The Cats Roundtable.”

Her comments come after Trump-aligned political groups brought in more than $82 million in the first half of 2021, according to Federal Election Commission disclosures released earlier this month, giving Trump a chance to hand out tens of millions of dollars to Republican contenders in the 2022 midterm elections.

McDaniel claimed that the 2022 elections will be match-ups between the GOP vs. “communism” and the Democrats and warned “we won’t recognize America” if Republicans aren’t successful in them.

“Our country is at stake,” she told WABC host John Catsimatidis. 

“It’s not just Democrat versus Republican; it’s Republicans versus communism,” McDaniel said.

“[Democrats] want to take your freedom of speech away. Your freedom of religion. Our police. They are denigrating our country. They want to stack the Supreme Court, get rid of the filibuster. We won’t recognize America if we don’t win this next election.”
Hanging hard on the communism, us-vs-them, real-American stuff.

Funny hearing them talking about freedom of speech and expression over the noise of their voter suppression. "Dems want to take the police away" over the attacks against them on Jan 6, lmao.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Democrats are going to be desperate to smear Republicans with Trump for the midterms. Especially since this COVID thing might still be a problem in Nov '21. That's not that far away.

Trump is 1-2 in major elections and his win in '16 is like winning on a foul.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

May be asking why I posted this here. The real answer is that I clicked on the wrong thread. The salvage is that Republicans have made a big deal of defending racist cops and problematic, race-based behaviors where convenient. And then dropping cops like a rock the minute they clash with Republican rioters.

It's really funny to hear the Republican party rally around the police again after that. "Dems want to take your cops away!"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Cops are like the troops now. Thank them for their service and then screw them over legislatively. I even think most Blue Lives Matter people would pull a lever to cut cop salary if it meant saving on local property and sales taxes.

Next cop I meet I might just unironically thank them for their service.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Probably shouldn't interact with them unless you have to. I think I remember a case or two where a casual greeting or off-hand comment ended up in a confrontation between a citizen and a cop in a foul mood. Even old white guys who might otherwise shoot the shit about how bad BLM is run the risk of getting curb stomped.

Bare minimum of manners I guess if you're both at a checkout line or something.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Cops are like the "lost dogs" of people. You can't go near them because they might go mad.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
I saw some generic liberal people today unironically sharing thin blue line flags in response to 2 Chicago cops shot, one fatally, during a traffic stop over the weekend. I don't know why some people can't just take a nuanced position rather than swinging to an extreme. It is possible (and not even that hard) to both entertain the thoughts that many of our police structures are inherently racist, overly aggressive, and corrupt while also not wishing death on them.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

You're either with us or you're against us.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Everyone wishes death on someone/something. Whatever that is is up to each individual person. That's just human nature. I wish it weren't so but who am I to criticize human nature?

A lot of the people who would get loudly personally upset at a reddit joke thread on a video of a cop getting offed are the same people cheering bombs dropping on ISIS or child molesters getting killed in prison. Those bombs we drop on ISIS also oftentimes kills their children but we just brush that aside for reasons.

American police have killed more innocent black Americans probably just this year than the entirety of ISIS history. If middle class Americans can revel at the destruction of their enemies in the middle east, why can't black Americans enjoy seeing a little blue blood in the streets? What makes black Americans hatred towards their enemies less legitimate than say Jay's hatred of ISIS?

I am not making a case for people not celebrating dead enemy combatants or violent criminals or cops. It's definitely bad karma and people shouldn't do it but people will. All that I ask is that cop supporters spare everyone the sanctimony.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Criticizing human nature can be important. I'm glad that we generally frown upon braining neighbors with the thigh bones from the latest hunt. Although we now seed entire towns with radioactive munitions.

It's also important to note that ISIS and the Taliban killed innocents too while we're establishing blame for things.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
99% of the things the Taliban and ISIS do they do in their part of the world. All trolling aside, I have no issue with how they do things in their part of the world. Whatever they are up to doesn't warrant the "kill them all" mentality from American pig men. Of course no group deserves to get all killed but you know the aforementioned pig people are the ones posting flag memes and crying eagles on Facebook every time someone goes postal on American cops.

And I am not judging anyone in this system. All that I am asking for is consistency.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

One could argue that it's morally bankrupt to dismiss this stuff as just "things going on on the other side of the world" as if location makes it less relevant. The answer probably isn't to bomb hospitals any more than it is to saw journalists' heads off, though.

A pretty disgraceful affair if I'm to be honest, and it isn't just the US. How many interpreters are still stuck over there? Did the UK get out all the ones (and their families) who worked with them yet?

Abandoning allies, a long time tradition. Conspiratorially-minded, you'd almost think the regularity means it's on purpose …
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

One could argue that it's morally bankrupt to dismiss this stuff as just "things going on on the other side of the world" as if location makes it less relevant.
It is, but then again they don't care what happens on our side of the world, and if they could they'd turn our side of the world into a shithole dictatorship with them in charge if they had even half a chance.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
It is an unfortunate fact that all the cultures of the world can't live in harmony. Multiculturalism simply doesn't work.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If we could we'd all be one race by now.

tHiNk AbOuT iT

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard