Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
So what happened to the white farmers in Rhodesia - raped and murdered in our lifetime.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Troll responses, dilbert, barely meriting address. I suppose as well the Holocaust survivors weren't a actually part of the Holocaust because they lived through it, eh?

Aren't you like 15 years too young for those boomer "no actually only the whites are ever picked on" nonsense deflections? Are you usually just drunk when you post this crap on here?
uziq
+492|3450

Dilbert_X wrote:

So what happened to the white farmers in Rhodesia - raped and murdered in our lifetime.
do you need the different dynamics explained to you? of course it's entirely possible to have sympathy for white settler families.

but race riots, burning down neighbourhoods and the state handing out weapons to the public so that they can lynch blacks -- all because the ex-slaves are starting to integrate and develop a middle-class -- is a different situation to colonial settlers having 'their' land forcibly repossessed.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

"What about this other country in another part of the world under other governance doing a different thing in a different time, huh? HUUUH?!"
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why are hipsters sympathies always with blacks and jews and their problems of hundreds if not thousands of years ago and not with arabs and whites and the issues of today?

In 50 years will uziq be saying "wow a Palestinian arab alive today who survived Al Nakba, sniff"

Bet he won't.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

You're not "with arabs," dilbert. You'd probably be just as annoyed if a talkative arab drove you home as you were with the talkative indian.

Not all jews are "with israel," (e: not even all israeli jews are on israel's side on this stuff)

IIRC uzique said he understood (motives for) blm violence but didn't condone stuff like destruction of public/private property? Why are those things mutually exclusive to you.
uziq
+492|3450
i don't condone violence or looting. i made the quite obvious point that large-scale protests, a day after a police murder, can boil over into lawlessness. crowds become unruly, passions are inflamed. i don't approve of it or encourage it; but, and this is the important thing, the fact a few buildings got burned doesn't invalidate the fucking point. BLM had 100s of protests, literally all over the world, and something like 95% were without any incident -- not even minor affray or issuing of fines. but that gets lost when idiots like dilbert make out BLM is a militant society-destroying force who want to burn down cities and destroy everything good.

and where are 'hipsters' sympathizing with jews? you mean over the holocaust? yes, wow. only hipsters think the holocaust was a tragedy.

you are fucking beyond parody.

Last edited by uziq (2021-05-20 20:33:15)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Well its funny how some people still think the most important thing in the world today is to right the wrong of the Israelites refusing to accept pax Romana and then being defeated in battle by the Romans.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

??willsmith??.jpg
uziq
+492|3450

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well its funny how some people still think the most important thing in the world today is to right the wrong of the Israelites refusing to accept pax Romana and then being defeated in battle by the Romans.
what the fuck are you on about?

the current conflict in the region was literally created by britain in the last century. 'pax romana' and 2000-year-old buried history is not it.

and 'some people'? you're the guy who is obsessed with the israel-palestine conflict to the exclusion and detriment of all else.

on this forum you talk about 'blacks never developing' with some complete nutjob theory about 'peoples learning to cooperate together and develop advanced society' or whatever the fuck. when you are presented with actual, relatively recent history that shows the difficulties and violence visited upon an actual, relatively recent black middle class, you either make dumb remarks like a child or you start going on about ... israel and palestine again.

isn't it rather 'funny' that you think entire generations of people on another continent don't deserve sympathy or understanding because palestinians are suffering in the middle east? why is the gaza strip the central and most pressing trauma in the world today and the fucking holocaust some foible for 'hipsters'? do you only have one dust mote of sympathy in your vast and empty vault? jesus christ get a fucking grip. nobody but nobody actually follows your deranged logic.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

the current conflict in the region was literally created by britain in the last century.
No it was created because the distant descendants of a defeated people decided they have the exclusive right to a patch of land they havdn't inhabited for 2,000 years.

'pax romana' and 2000-year-old buried history is not it.
So why can't today's jews accept and move on from the fact they aren't really native to the region?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-05-21 01:29:34)

uziq
+492|3450
because jews are native to the region? this is endless and very, very boring.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So are the Palestinians though no?
Larssen
+99|1885

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

the current conflict in the region was literally created by britain in the last century.
No it was created because the distant descendants of a defeated people decided they have the exclusive right to a patch of land they havdn't inhabited for 2,000 years.

'pax romana' and 2000-year-old buried history is not it.
So why can't today's jews accept and move on from the fact they aren't really native to the region?
I really don't understand your completely arbitrary indignation over conflicts or world events. When war breaks out in the levant, you just can't stop decrying the inhumanity of Israel and sob for the plight of the palestinians for whom you feel so much sympathy, apparently. When it's about anything else, be it refugees from syria, the history of slavery, conflict in Africa or elsewhere in the middle east, race riots - you're all out of fucks to give. Worse, you'll strongly imply people deserve their suffering and might makes right.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No my view is we should be squashing the war mongers, Netanyahu, Assad - take them out with a JDAM, then there won't be any refugees.

If people want to fight a civil war there's not much than be done about it, but if a group invades a country and tries to make refugees of the entire population then thats something we should get involved in - not just accept that we'll have to absorb millions of displaced people.
Larssen
+99|1885
Dilbert the humanitarian. Assassinate foreign heads of state, that will go over well.
uziq
+492|3450
we literally took out gaddafi using our combined air forces. libya is now a major contributor to the refugee crisis as well as human trafficking across the med.

dilbert is a highly intelligent person.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

uziq wrote:

we literally took out gaddafi using our combined air forces. libya is now a major contributor to the refugee crisis as well as human trafficking across the med.

dilbert is a highly intelligent person.
There was already a civil war going on there. You can't lay the blame for that mess on the U.S. and allies.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

Dilbert the humanitarian. Assassinate foreign heads of state, that will go over well.
Its the humanitarian thing to do.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I don't think "we should bomb Netanyahu" but it would be interesting to see Israel exile him to some island in the Med. Only make sure he doesn't return like knock-off Napoleon. Concept pending examination of Israeli law, of course.

I don't think it would stop Israel from being a giant dickhead, though. Great example of democracy at work in the middle east, really …
uziq
+492|3450

remember when jay, an air con engineer, literally tried to make out that poorer boroughs of NYC were experiencing the vast number of covid cases/deaths because 'poor people are feckless and don't respect the rules'

Last edited by uziq (2021-05-22 01:40:36)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

As soon as that video starts talking about black people, I can just see the brains of some white viewers toggling off and going into defensive mode.
uziq
+492|3450
ironically they often have STEM backgrounds and consider themselves to be highly rational and intelligent (ahem).

but better to rely on 19th century 'race science' with no validity, to talk about 'people's learning to evolve and cooperate', and to ignore, er, data and evidence.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Nobody who wants to talk to me about "that crazy critical race theory stuff going on" can explain to me what critical race theory is or how it is filtered through the lens of public education and taught to students. I get headlines fluff and gut feelings. It's not a very simple topic and not even a long form article will cover it all, but they "get it" because they listened to a 15-minute rant on the radio or someone linked a meme to them on facebook about the New Scare.

I feel like this sort of thing has been complained about millions of times, people's google searches trumping entire university departments worth of expertise. Like, "if that's really the way you feel, stop listening to your cardiologist and go buy some essential oils (please don't actually do that, lol)."

Anyway, the rest of the video lays out some pretty thought provoking stuff if those people could look past their race block. This stuff affects poor white people living in these areas too. Should makes them think twice about pricey programs for city greenery, school structural expenses, and building regulations. But wishful thinking. I feel like a broken record but some of these conversations are like being unexpectedly dunked in icewater. Guys starting on about the plandemic and Fauci's plan to take over America in the middle of a video game, seriously what?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Nobody who wants to talk to me about "that crazy critical race theory stuff going on" can explain to me what critical race theory is or how it is filtered through the lens of public education and taught to students. I get headlines fluff and gut feelings. It's not a very simple topic and not even a long form article will cover it all, but they "get it" because they listened to a 15-minute rant on the radio or someone linked a meme to them on facebook about the New Scare.

I feel like this sort of thing has been complained about millions of times, people's google searches trumping entire university departments worth of expertise. Like, "if that's really the way you feel, stop listening to your cardiologist and go buy some essential oils (please don't actually do that, lol)."

Anyway, the rest of the video lays out some pretty thought provoking stuff if those people could look past their race block. This stuff affects poor white people living in these areas too. Should makes them think twice about pricey programs for city greenery, school structural expenses, and building regulations. But wishful thinking. I feel like a broken record but some of these conversations are like being unexpectedly dunked in icewater. Guys starting on about the plandemic and Fauci's plan to take over America in the middle of a video game, seriously what?
I am consistently amused that you and I guess other white people have these sorts of discussions among yourselves. My white relatives must be the most polite group of people to never bring up race stuff around me and my family though I heard some funky stuff through the grapevine.

For what it is worth, I don't know how black people talk about race when among themselves. I suspect the animosity is actually greater on that side. My reading of race politics in America is that the main driver is white vs black and everyone else is on the sidelines occasionally getting dragged in. You can probably write a CRT article on this.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard