Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

America is a sickingly racist and horrible place. It is a Friday night and I just snuggled up and started an episode of the first 48 on A&E. It is basically about real poor black people's murder cases in the poor areas of the south. This shouldn't be prime time television let alone on demand in HD.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-03-29 20:02:05)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

Macbeth wrote:

America is a sickingly racist and horrible place.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6676|BC, Canada
truth
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4272
weren't you saying the other day that the UK has worse race-problems and more race-consciousness than the USA? you must have been joking, right?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5196|Sydney

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol it's not a line of discussion i really want to steer towards, but i find it hard to believe a dude with a face like a 14 year old black karl pilkington wields a mandingo club
Fair enough about where this is heading, but you're wrong. If you were a girl you'd probably do me.
Spread your cheeks, we're going in dry.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX

Macbeth wrote:

America is a sickingly racist and horrible place. It is a Friday night and I just snuggled up and started an episode of the first 48 on A&E. It is basically about real poor black people's murder cases in the poor areas of the south. This shouldn't be prime time television let alone on demand in HD.
Apart from black people shooting each other and hillbillies hitting each other what does prime time entertainment consist of over there?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5375|London, England
Rank    Program Name    Net    Day    Time    Viewers
1    THE BIG BANG THEORY    CBS    Thu    8:00 PM    15,901,000
2    PERSON OF INTEREST    CBS    Thu    9:01 PM    14,340,000
3    AMERICAN IDOL-WEDNESDAY    FOX    Wed    8:00 PM    13,440,000
4    NCIS    CBS    Tue    8:00 PM    13,177,000
5    TWO AND A HALF MEN    CBS    Thu    8:31 PM    12,177,000
6    NCIS: LOS ANGELES    CBS    Tue    9:00 PM    11,950,000
7    AMERICAN IDOL-THURSDAY    FOX    Thu    8:00 PM    11,926,000
8    ELEMENTARY    CBS    Thu    10:01 PM    11,327,000
9    THE BACHELOR: AFTER THE FINAL ROSE    ABC    Mon    10:07 PM    10,812,000
10    THE BACHELOR    ABC    Mon    8:00 PM    10,417,000
11    BLUE BLOODS    CBS    Fri    10:00 PM    10,409,000
12    60 MINUTES    CBS    Sun    7:00 PM    10,221,000
13    THE MENTALIST    CBS    Sun    10:00 PM    9,977,000
14    SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN    CBS    Wed    8:00 PM    9,889,000
15    THE GOOD WIFE    CBS    Sun    9:00 PM    9,076,000
16    THE AMAZING RACE    CBS    Sun    8:00 PM    8,909,000
17    GOLDEN BOY    CBS    Tue    10:00 PM    8,530,000
18    GREY'S ANATOMY    ABC    Thu    9:00 PM    8,204,000
19    THE FOLLOWING    FOX    Mon    9:00 PM    8,153,000
20    CSI    CBS    Wed    10:00 PM    7,938,000
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I've never even heard of some of those shows
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5196|Sydney
Most of the same stuff we get here.

I never watch TV though, just recognise those shows from others talking about them.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
The only show on that list that I watch is The Big Bang Theory.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Never watched any of those.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4272
prime-time television is far from a good judge of anything other than mass-media and popular culture.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thank god, just think if it were used to settle lawsuits or determine whether life support should be pulled.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4272
you are the guys making the implication that prime-time entertainment somehow reflects on anything other than the prime-time entertainment industry.
Roc18
`
+655|5808|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Jay wrote:

The only show on that list that I watch is The Big Bang Theory.
That show is horrible
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I like it
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`
+655|5808|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Jay wrote:

I like it
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6017|...

Macbeth wrote:

Ya you look at the TV and instead of just people you see 'black people'  'latino's' and 'white people'. Forget the show, hurdur its racist cos it's reality-TV with black people in it. And you wonder why I called you race-obsessed.
inane little opines
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

Shocking wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Ya you look at the TV and instead of just people you see 'black people'  'latino's' and 'white people'. Forget the show, hurdur its racist cos it's reality-TV with black people in it. And you wonder why I called you race-obsessed.
You must have never watched the show then, Muslim basher. Literally every single episode deals with a murder of a poor rural black person. Murders of whites do not come up at all ever. It isn't a reality show in the sense that there are prizes and stuff. It is following actual murders from the point of the phone call to charges getting pressed. You don't have to be race obsessed to see that the show has a racial angle to it. Somehow I think Americans would be less cool with seeing white teens dead on a sidewalk then they are with a black kid dead in a pool of blood with his pants sagging. They show the dead bodies ffs.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6754|Oxferd Ohire
18 pages wtf
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6017|...
I have seen the show a few times, it airs here too. I don't like it and barely watch it. I however doubt the camera crew and producers decide to only film when the police department gets a call about some minority being shot and otherwise don't. I doubt they get to pick actually and I certainly don't see the hurt in them following police officers as they try to solve the murder of someone who happens to be black.

You see a racial angle in everything involving people with different skin tones.
inane little opines
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4272
actually there has been quite a lot written and quite a lot of concerned commentary about how massive american TV staples like 'cops' dramatize and thematize crime. it's normally always a good white cop arresting some poor black transgressor. there has been plenty of literature on it. it was even more pronounced in less 'race-conscious' decades. it was essentially making prime-time TV out of dramatizing poverty and inequality. you should do some reading sometime. it would benefit you. you're on a roll of nothingnesses today.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6017|...
Oh I'm aware. I just don't like to sound the racist bells as soon as I see an inflated ratio of blacks to whites on my TV in 2013. I really fail to see the racial injustice done by a show like the first 48. If you can prove to me that they consciously portray minorities negatively I'll stand corrected.
inane little opines
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4272
i think it's more to do with the ethics of a largely white media elite of producers and show-writers having these shows commissioned. where a bunch of dudes follow cops into poor and deprived areas - largely black, as the poverty line seems to follow the race line often in america - to make tv shows that will show young black men being chased and wrestled to the ground, all for the titillation of 'middle america', or whatever such demographic it is. it's kind of hazy. those shows are exploitative, and kind of venal.

also a portrayal doesn't have to be "conscious" or 'intended' for it to have a negative effect, or to be worth calling out. that's pretty silly.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

Shocking wrote:

You see a racial angle in everything involving people with different skin tones.
Oh shut up. Go 8 pages back and you will see me vs Uzique for 3 pages about the lack of racial animosity in Latin America and Brazil. Would you prefer we talk about how Muslims shouldn't be in Europe for awhile?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard