Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

racial attitudes were different, yes, but white supremacist: no. not officially.

of course the propaganda simplified the picture, but even still, the war was still fought between powers with fundamentally different visions of society: open, free democracy versus fascist totalitarianism.

125,000 african-americans served in WW2 who would probably disagree with your characterization of the allies as being 'white supremacist'. presumably they were fighting for the idea at the heart of american democracy -- very different to the ethno-nationalist, fascist creed espoused by nazi germany.
Pretty sure the US military was thoroughly segregated at the time, segregation being a thing in the US for quite a while longer.
Quite similar to the nazi vision in fact.

And les noirs are thoroughly integrated into french society n'est ce pas? Le Pen only making second place having been in front for quite a while.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/Opinion_polling_for_the_French_presidential_election%2C_2017.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Fren … l_election

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-01-15 02:05:02)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3444
yes le pen's election results are definitely an index on *checks notes* france's feelings about black people. it can't possibly be anything else.

pretty sure that african-americans were declared equal citizens under 14th amendment in 1868. pretty hard to argue the democracy was 'officially white supremacist' when the constitution states that all people regardless of skin colour or creed are equal. as i said, racial attitudes were still different and a long way from those we have today: but it wasn't an ethnostate like nazi germany.

further, and more to the point, nazi germany was obviously going in a totally opposite direction to the states and other allies. nazi germany was seeking more purification, more white supremacy, not less. there is no way you can read the history of the western liberal democracies from ca. 1850 onwards and not see a trend of increasing racial equality and liberal freedom — in decree if not (yet) achieved in fact.

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-15 02:12:50)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_se … ted_States

In 1967, Mildred Loving, a black woman, and Richard Loving, a white man, were sentenced to a year in prison in Virginia for marrying each other.
uziq
+492|3444
and still, as if it isn’t obvious, that was a really fucking terrible analogy.

mentioning the war with nazi germany whilst defending someone throwing up white power signs is *chef’s kiss*. i honestly don’t know what planet you live on.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Most countries and races are racist, not sure why you're still surprised about this.
uziq
+492|3444

Dilbert_X wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_segregation#United_States

In 1967, Mildred Loving, a black woman, and Richard Loving, a white man, were sentenced to a year in prison in Virginia for marrying each other.
yes well done, segregation existed after ww2. that was even mentioned in a paragraph i quoted above.

what does it have to do with the fact that the ideal of liberal democracies is very different from the one of nazi germany?

america’s own history of race relations is obviously much more fraught than the picture in the U.K. and europe. neither of which were ‘officially white supremacist’ in 1945.

your characterisation of the democratic states as being just as white supremacist as germany is disingenuous in the extreme.
uziq
+492|3444

Dilbert_X wrote:

Most countries and races are racist, not sure why you're still surprised about this.
yes and i’m not sure why you’re surprised that, nowadays, nazism and white power movements are seen as closely inter-related in modern times.

defending a kid’s right to make white power signs whilst talking about ‘the africans taking over like nazi germany’ is mindbendingly stupid.

the group espousing the ideology that we went to war against, you know, are the ones throwing up the white power signs today. many of them literally identify as neo-nazi. derp derp derp. yet by some bizarro mental sleight of hand you think black people are the ‘nazi’ threat

just the level of weasel-like behaviour that is involved in such a shuffling and positioning is really repugnant. ‘let’s defend neo-nazis by accusing their black targets of being nazis’.

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-15 02:28:17)

uziq
+492|3444
amazing how all these right-wing lickspittles exist in a hall-of-mirrors world where left frequently means right and up can be made to mean down.

‘the kenosha shooter? what, cops didn’t guess that he’d be on bail for murder throwing up some innocent, fun white power symbols with his friends, nice chaps all of them?’

‘can’t believe how badly we are treating these neo-nazis. i guess liberals have forgotten that we fought off the nazis. soon we will be ruled by blacks just like them.’

like seriously WHAT fucking planet are you on?

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-15 02:50:05)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

defending a kid’s right to make white power signs whilst talking about ‘the africans taking over like nazi germany’ is mindbendingly stupid.
Where did I defend his 'right'?

It seems like a pretty stupid thing for bail attorneys to be getting excited about, what next?
uziq
+492|3444
how is it a stupid thing? he shot and killed someone and wounded several others with an assault rifle, after travelling long-distance to attend a black lives matter event.

you don't think it's relevant that this guy is a goon with sympathies or ties to a far-right neo-nazi group? lol.

good job you're not a lawyer.

why is someone even at a bar getting drunk and posing for selfies like some sort of hero for a cause ... when he's on bail?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Maybe they should have thought about this before he was given bail, wasn't that my point?

Will he be not be allowed to make hand signs at all or only those from a pre-approved list?
Its inane.
uziq
+492|3444
what's inane is you needing to have it explained to you why making 'white power'  hand signs is different from, er, being an air traffic controller.

maybe take a basic course in semantics? symbols don't exist in a vacuum. this one has a context and a meaning.

in the context of a possibly politically or racially motivated murder, i think a hand symbol explicitly associated with a race-hate ideology is pertinent.

fuck me you love being dense don't you? i know you can't be this stupid.

they should have thought about this before he was given bail, wasn't that my point?
and how did 'they' grant him bail? how did he get bail? by becoming a martyr for the far-right who mass crowdfunded his bail funds, duh. but wow i guess it's silly to talk about the possible political angle.

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-15 03:09:48)

uziq
+492|3444
whatever next, will mass-murderers even be judged for waving to their friends on the court bench?

https://image.cnbcfm.com/api/v1/image/103469730-GettyImages-515661900.jpg?v=1529470961&w=678&h=381

a simple wave? it's INANE !!!!

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-15 03:15:08)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well thats why black people are usually kept in custody.

Its funny, we fought two wars to prevent the Germans taking over the west, you seem positively enthused with the idea of being ruled by africans.
What the heck kind of take is that? If, for example, 90% of elected American officials were black, we still wouldn't be "ruled by Africans." We'd be represented by Americans. Lots of white people in American government. Must mean we're ruled by Europeans …

And sure, let's go ahead and boil both world wars down to "preventing the Germans from taking over The West."
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

what's inane is you needing to have it explained to you why making 'white power'  hand signs is different from, er, being an air traffic controller.

maybe take a basic course in semantics? symbols don't exist in a vacuum. this one has a context and a meaning.

in the context of a possibly politically or racially motivated murder, i think a hand symbol explicitly associated with a race-hate ideology is pertinent.

they should have thought about this before he was given bail, wasn't that my point?
and how did 'they' grant him bail? how did he get bail? by becoming a martyr for the far-right who mass crowdfunded his bail funds, duh. but wow i guess it's silly to talk about the possible political angle.
Its been raised as a bail issue you vegetable, thats whats inane.

Will he be allowed to give a thumbs up while on bail? Hmm better go to court to have a judge decide.

What exactly can he and can't he have written on his t-shirt? Lets get a dictionary and start crossing words out.

Amazing how you guys protest freedom of speech, innocence before conviction and the 'right' to break unjust laws when it suits you, but jump right onto someone you don't like or agree with and pull their rights away.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-01-15 04:57:07)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If, for example, 90% of elected American officials were black, we still wouldn't be "ruled by Africans." We'd be represented by Americans. Lots of white people in American government. Must mean we're ruled by Europeans
With luck you won't get to see the contrast.
uziq
+492|3444

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

Its been raised as a bail issue you vegetable, thats whats inane.

Will he be allowed to give a thumbs up while on bail? Hmm better go to court to have a judge decide.

What exactly can he and can't he have written on his t-shirt? Lets get a dictionary and start crossing words out.

Amazing how you guys protest freedom of speech, innocence before conviction and the 'right' to break unjust laws when it suits you, but jump right onto someone you don't like or agree with and pull their rights away.
people have aggravating and mitigating factors in a court of law, dipshit. this guy is possibly incriminating himself when on bail.

nobody is saying it forfeits his right to a fair trial. but it is maximally poorly advised.

and, of course, simply in poor taste. you'd think someone who had killed a human being would be contrite, rather than posing for photos like a sports star and enjoying their measure of celebrity. it's simply odious conduct.

why can't you tell the difference between words as inert objects and words having meanings, words having context? you're the one exhibiting the thought processes of a vegetable, here. 'camp auschwitz' on a tshirt and 'white power' hand signs MEAN something in these politically and racially charged contexts. he's not an innocent bystander wearing some innocuous tshirt that could be interpreted any number of ways. he is a person who SHOT AND KILLED SOMEONE at a BLACK LIVES MATTER protest.

the 'right to break unjust laws' lmao hahahah. oh my god the lengths you will go to in order to make excuses for someone who has killed another human being, likely with racist undertones or motivations. yes, that well-known unjust law: murder. 'the war against murder' has been a miserable failure!

i assume judges in a court of law can rely upon that elusive quality, common sense, when determining which hand signs and words are relevant and germane, and which are not. "hmph, judging someone for shouting 'die n*gger die!' before they shot them. whatever next, will judges go through the entire OED and determine which words murderers can shout and which they cannot? free speech is dYiNG!!!"

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-15 05:22:19)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If, for example, 90% of elected American officials were black, we still wouldn't be "ruled by Africans." We'd be represented by Americans. Lots of white people in American government. Must mean we're ruled by Europeans
With luck you won't get to see the contrast.
Exactly what kind of contrast are we talking here? Obama vs. Trump?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
I agree with the people that argue that multicultural societies don't work or don't work very well. But Obama, literally the best president we have had in the post Cold War period, was an English speaking only, half white Christian who is better educated than 99% of Americans. He did just about everything right to assimilate and was met with intense hatred.

I think at that point the people complaining about Obama, the democrats, and cultural Marxism were the ones being unreasonable. And if they are going to act like that then I guess I really don't have any choice but to side with the multiculturalist even though I think they often go too far and ask too much.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3444
society stumbles forward based on half-unachievable ideals; at least it gets somewhere.

i don't see anything positive in the vision proposed by critics of multiculturalism. they want all the benefits of globalism but for people to stay ghettoized in their global souths, processing raw materials and making them $10 shirts. they want ex-subjects of empire to stay in their debt-bonded third-world nations and accept their lot at the bottom of the global pyramid. they're afraid of human beings mixing or cultures changing -- something which has happened for thousands of years.

and even when people do stay put in majoritarian or monocultural nations, then the same people start hawkishly advocating for war or talking about 'rivalries' between nations. indian IT workers are an existential threat to my way of life! chinese engineers are an existential threat to my way of life! chinese manufacturing is an existental threat to our way of life! etc. etc.

outlooks guided by fear and (often petty) resentment is not really my thing.

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-15 06:05:51)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711

uziq wrote:

society stumbles forward based on half-unachievable ideals; at least it gets somewhere.

i don't see anything positive in the vision proposed by critics of multiculturalism. they want all the benefits of globalism but for people to stay ghettoized in their global souths, processing raw materials and making them $10 shirts. they want ex-subjects of empire to stay in their debt-bonded third-world nations and accept their lot at the bottom of the global pyramid. they're afraid of human beings mixing or cultures changing -- something which has happened for thousands of years.

outlooks guided by fear and (often petty) resentment is not really my thing.
Personally, I am not bothered by the vast amount of multicultural practices that makes most cultural conservatives froth. Someone with an accent or people speaking a different language doesn't bother me. I think it is cool to see things like Chinese New Year celebrations and those colorful Hindu holidays. I like the food of all different people too.

I am strongly against accommodations for Islam or Islamic practices. Islam at its base is a cultural dominating force. It breaks delicate and longstanding cultural arrangements wherever it flourishes.
uziq
+492|3444
the first paragraph is what multiculturalism means in 99% of the case to 99% of people. that's what a cosmopolitan city like melbourne or LA or london or anywhere else represents. it isn't a cauldron of racial resentments that will explode into race-war at any given moment. people mostly get along. you can have a conversation with your indian taxi driver without taking his license plate number and writing vitriolic things about him on the internet. dilbert doesn't seem to get that most people don't carry his cargo-plane of grievances around with them.

your point about islam is honestly not even interesting to me. all that rhetoric feels about as old as bush era talking points to me. i think recent events have told, time and time again, that the main danger to civic order and peaceable societies today is not muslim communities pursuing their frightening 'shariah law'. it's white nationalists.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
I agree that white nationalist are currently a bigger issue for western countries then Islamism. I have never heard a good response as to why terrorism follows wherever Muslims migrate to and how every great civilization that host Muslims also has terrorism issues.

And the 20 years of waves of off and on of Islamic terrorism in Europe and the U.S. went a long way to radicalizing a lot of white people. 9/11 and ISIS certainly didn't help race relations.
uziq
+492|3444
yes right timothy mcveigh and the militia movement were created by *checks notes* turkish immigrants living in europe.

i'm sure any number of other phantasmal and imaginary enemies, like 'big government' or 'african-americans' or 'jews', would have stood-in as the radicalizing catalyst for white nationalists. the important thing is the structural Other, it's hardly specific. the 90s were full of survivalists living in idaho or montana and talking about zionism and the new world order.

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-15 07:26:20)

uziq
+492|3444
i find it really hard to talk about the 'problem' of muslim immigration when islamic terrorism was brought to the west as a consequence of western foreign policy. the muslims didn't just decide to wage a holy war on the states for no reason.

like dilbert, it might surprise you to learn that not many muslim migrants are salafists or wahhabists.

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-15 07:18:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard