SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Why didn't Hispanics, who make up a larger population than black Americans, riot over this situation?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3452
because the hispanics in indefinite and inhumane detention aren't american citizens? and BLM is about the fight for recognition and justice as per constitutional amendment?

i'm confused by this line of argument.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Constitutional rights apply to everyone and not just citizens.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

pretty much the entire world have lined up to decry the situation on your borders.
Almost as many as have lined up to try and get through the border illegally eh?

America moving its manufacturing from Mexico to China was a cruel trick.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3452

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Constitutional rights apply to everyone and not just citizens.
not a view you extend to many US non-nationals held indefinitely in places like guatanamo bay.

why don't you care about innocent muslims?

and i was referring specifically to the 14th and 15th amendments, i just couldn't recall them:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Last edited by uziq (2020-10-05 05:59:35)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

uziq wrote:

that's a terrible problem, too, and it sounds like your border force are a semi-racist organization staffed with rotten pigs.

pretty much the entire world have lined up to decry the situation on your borders.

why must it be either/or with you? do you want to talk about mexicans?
"Semi" I think is putting it gently. I think there was a police captain at one point, don't recall name or jurisdiction, that chided the community to "join up if you want to 'fix' our police force!" That rang positive with a lot of people who have no idea what it's like for whistleblowers. Like, if you think it's a good idea, you take him up on the challenge.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Anyway for something different: Rolling Stone released their new top 500 album list. What is new is that they didn't just stick new things in and adjust the rankings. They redid the whole thing. What is most significant is that "Dad Rock" got decimated at least once. In the place of Dad Rock is music from all different genres. Most notably is the Beatles who once controlled 4 out of 10 of the top 10 instead only gets 1 out of the top ten at #5.

Much Boomer rage is being compiled in conservative circles. The most legitimate complaint I actually heard about the list is actually from one National Review commenter who asked "Why does Rolling Stone hate Electronic music?"
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
Dear Rolling Stones, there are too many music genres nowadays, please eliminate three
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

RTHKI wrote:

Dear Rolling Stones, there are too many music genres nowadays, please eliminate three
Folk music has to go.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Genres are like fairies, if you stop believing in them they die.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Orthodox Jewish and other religious leaders lashed out at Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Wednesday over new coronavirus restrictions on schools, businesses and houses of worship, as protests broke out in Brooklyn overnight, leading to scenes of chaos and the injury of at least one person.

“We are appalled by Governor Cuomo’s words and actions today,” four Orthodox Jewish lawmakers representing the areas affected by the shutdown said in a letter posted online late Tuesday. “He has chosen to pursue a scientifically and constitutionally questionable shutdown of our communities.”

Their frustration was reflected on the street, where video shared widely on social media showed hundreds of Hasidic men, most of them without masks, gathering after midnight and setting fires along 13th Avenue in the Borough Park neighborhood. The crowd soon turned violent, with a mob angrily swarming at least one Hasidic man they believed to be disloyal to the community.
Why would the blacks do something like this?
uziq
+492|3452
oh great, now dilbert and the ghost of jay can reflect their race hate back onto the hasids for a bit, and give the blacks a little rest.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
I will go take a walk over to Borough Park this evening and give you all a sitrep.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Wear a face mask
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
Good call thanks.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
You are going to have to take my face mask from my cold dead hands. I enjoy the face mask. I like looking like a Ninja. I like not smelling people's breath. I enjoy not having to be perfectly shaved. I like the fact that I am less likely to even get a cold or flu.

Give me a face mask or give me death.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
Sometimes outside scents get trapped inside the face mask momentarily. The smell of other’s bo, urine on the street, shit, etc. They like to linger in the air between the mask and my face. (It’s not my breath)
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Migrants to Australia required to learn English to a 'functional level' under new rules
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-08/ … s/12741714
About time.

"But I'm just concerned for other couples who don't really know English, what's going to happen to them?"
I dunno, not come here?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I think it's advisable that you learn the primarily-spoken language(s) of the country you migrate to. But people seem to want it for the wrong, xenophoic and politicized reasons. To vindicate the busybodies who are annoyed that they can't listen in on a Vietnamese couple's conversation at a restaurant, as opposed to being able to read road signs.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its more the issue that they can't function in the community then sit on the dole.

Its also that they can't read road signs. I had to get out of my car and explain to a fat old greek that "Turn left with care" means you can indeed turn left.
"Sorry, I don'ta reada da english"
Various nationalities, especially Indians, have enhanced driving exams, whereas others get a licence based on their foreign one. Still they don't have a fucking clue
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
You never see an ESL person being a Karen.
uziq
+492|3452
willing to bet that immigrants with bad english built most of australia. 'don't do anything for the community'. lol. wasn't dilbert just complaining about the unwanted small-talk from his indian taxi driver last month? now he demands his taxi drivers have perfect english, in that role which ... is absolutely reliant upon ... shutting the fuck up and not talking to the customers? hmmm.

those damn chinese coolies, coming over here and not even SPEAKING FLUENT ENGLISH!

for all of his derision, i'm wiling to bet the average indian is probably polyglot in 2-3 languages. wonder how many dilbert speaks?

Last edited by uziq (2020-10-07 16:11:13)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Should they learn English-English, or Australian English?

Anyway to say nothing of the EFLs who can very well read but choose not to follow rules/instructions, or not to read books. Or the ones who can't even read that well.
Elizabeth
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+1|1369

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Should they learn English-English, or Australian English?

Anyway to say nothing of the EFLs who can very well read but choose not to follow rules/instructions, or not to read books. Or the ones who can't even read that well.
The reading and writing skills of Americans is actually improving. We do very well on international comparison test in that regard. Abysmal is math but near the top in reading and writing. I think young people constantly interacting with text on screens is actually improving society's ability to understand words even if they don't always clearly comprehend what they are reading. We are also getting better at treating speech disorders. Our ability to recognize speech disorders earlier and our identification of the best treatment methods have done a lot to improve the skills of people with speech disorders. With the proper interventions, it is possible for a person with a speech disorder in their youth to become fantastic readers and writers as they grow older.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

willing to bet that immigrants with bad english built most of australia. 'don't do anything for the community'. lol. wasn't dilbert just complaining about the unwanted small-talk from his indian taxi driver last month? now he demands his taxi drivers have perfect english, in that role which ... is absolutely reliant upon ... shutting the fuck up and not talking to the customers? hmmm.
They should at least be able to read road signs, it seems many can't.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard