unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Standards change. Swing and jazz of yore were considered degenerate and degrading back when they became a thing. I know, I know, stereotypical rape/murder lyrics in rap and all that are objectively less than innocent, I just thought I'd mention.

I don't think the "deviant rap culture" people continually reference just sprung up out of nowhere as an expression of some fabricated reality.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Let the record state that I don't think violent media is just a black problem. There are plenty of white kids too engaged into Call of Duty games and death metal. I think that the Kenosha shooter's desire to dress like an urban commando and look tough with a rifle was probably influenced by two decades of video games and media making that sort of cosplay fashionable. America has a problem with violence in general.

Now excuse me while I go listen to some Slayer.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Sometimes kids who are going to get bullied regardless get bullied for 'acting white'. I think that is mostly mythology though.

I am talking more about things like people mocking black people liking fried chicken and stuff rather than acknowledging that some 'black food' is a gift to our society. Fried chicken is genuinely good and I think it would be great for that community if their youth listened to less violent rap and watched more cooking shows. They can then be encouraged to open small food businesses or trained to become chefs. Instead they get mocked for taking an interest in their community's food.

And I notice that society is in fact more cruel to them than other minorities in this one slim regard (and many others too). "Taco Tuesday" is a thing but "fried chicken Friday" isn't. There are many upscale restaurants that serve "Asian fusion" dishes but no one is interested in upscale "black fusion".
No-one wants to eat scorched bats or monkey heads - except the Chinese obviously.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Let the record state that I don't think violent media is just a black problem. There are plenty of white kids too engaged into Call of Duty games and death metal. I think that the Kenosha shooter's desire to dress like an urban commando and look tough with a rifle was probably influenced by two decades of video games and media making that sort of cosplay fashionable. America has a problem with violence in general.

Now excuse me while I go listen to some Slayer.
Wanting to "cosplay in military gear" also seems popular among non-gamers too.
uziq
+492|3453

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I think a lot but certainly not all of the black community's problems are due to cultural attitudes and taste built up over the years. Many genres of rap music is extremely problematic and that is way more listened to among impressionable youth than other "black music" like jazz and soul. There is good and healthy black cultural objects the same way there are good black people. Broad denouncements (Dilbert) or broad defenses (Uzique) of 'black culture' is unhelpful. And I think there is a genuine problem among a lot of white people to not acknowledge that there is some good black culture. If you want to spin it as just assimilated white culture fine. But don't mock and reject it either. I'm not saying Dilbert is doing either of those things too mind you.
i am not ‘broadly defending’ black culture. what are you talking about? you’re making me out to be some bleeding-heart liberal who wants to be ‘down with the kids’ and listen to drill and excuse every social ill in the ghetto. i am not saying that at all.

i am saying that the justice system is excessively punitive to african-americans. that the number of black americans killed by cops resembles similar levels of death-by-cop to failed states, whereas the rates for white americans is relatively much lower. that police departments are institutionally racist. that your (private) prison system is disproportionately full of young black folk whose lives are being junk-heaped, almost as if by design. i’m saying there is a serious problem with the democratic justice system.

i really don’t care about ‘african-american culture’. i do understand in general the historicity, anthropology and sociology of ‘culture’, though. which means i am far less alarmed and determinist about it than you. i don’t buy the ‘violent video games programs serial killers’ moral panics like you do. i’ve studied culture and theories of culture far too much to buy into something so facile. cultures are constructed and subject to change, depending mostly on the material circumstances and social context. let the culture take care of itself when the people actually have genuine legal equality.
uziq
+492|3453
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

uziq wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I think a lot but certainly not all of the black community's problems are due to cultural attitudes and taste built up over the years. Many genres of rap music is extremely problematic and that is way more listened to among impressionable youth than other "black music" like jazz and soul. There is good and healthy black cultural objects the same way there are good black people. Broad denouncements (Dilbert) or broad defenses (Uzique) of 'black culture' is unhelpful. And I think there is a genuine problem among a lot of white people to not acknowledge that there is some good black culture. If you want to spin it as just assimilated white culture fine. But don't mock and reject it either. I'm not saying Dilbert is doing either of those things too mind you.
i am not ‘broadly defending’ black culture. what are you talking about? you’re making me out to be some bleeding-heart liberal who wants to be ‘down with the kids’ and listen to drill and excuse every social ill in the ghetto. i am not saying that at all.

i am saying that the justice system is excessively punitive to african-americans. that the number of black americans killed by cops resembles similar levels of death-by-cop to failed states, whereas the rates for white americans is relatively much lower. that police departments are institutionally racist. that your (private) prison system is disproportionately full of young black folk whose lives are being junk-heaped, almost as if by design. i’m saying there is a serious problem with the democratic justice system.

i really don’t care about ‘african-american culture’. i do understand in general the historicity, anthropology and sociology of ‘culture’, though. which means i am far less alarmed and determinist about it than you. i don’t buy the ‘violent video games programs serial killers’ moral panics like you do. i’ve studied culture and theories of culture far too much to buy into something so facile. cultures are constructed and subject to change, depending mostly on the material circumstances and social context. let the culture take care of itself when the people actually have genuine legal equality.
I have already said I don't believe the justice system is too hard on black people. The justice system just needs to be harder on the other races to close the gap. Maybe some black police can kill a few proud boys to even the score.
uziq
+492|3453
you're so edgy bro!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
I am being completely serious. Why do you want to protect the Proud Boys?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
They're pro-Zionist?
uziq
+492|3453
the leader of proud boys is basically a holocaust denier and released a rant entitled ‘10 things i hate about jews’. somehow i doubt they are pro-zionist. though there are so many confused rednecks in america that it wouldn’t surprise me if you could find overlap between the evangelical types and the proud boys.

macbeth wanting ‘more punishment for everyone generally’ i’m sure sounds impressive when you’re posturing on catholic subreddits. it won’t be so impressive when you watch your old man get thrown to the ground at a traffic stop, or when your sister catches a bullet whilst she’s sat at home minding her own business.

what sort of immature little milksop wants more authoritarianism and more policing? you break the law in minor ways all the time yourself. you literally post from alt accounts for fear that you’ll lose your job. then you say you want more and harder authority? for everyone but you, right? you sound like those undergraduates who, after reading their first bit of marxist theory, say 'the problem with stalin ... is that he wasn't radical enough! *snort snort*' as if they're saying something really intelligent and impressive. what do you call your theory, catholic dialectics? redemptive critique?

seriously some of you guys here entered intellectual and emotional cul-de-sacs sometime around 2004. it’s time to re-join the world guys. take down those edgy posters from your wall. give the semen sock a cycle in the laundry. open the curtains.

Last edited by uziq (2020-10-04 02:49:19)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
We must launch a holy crusade to save Armenia.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

the leader of proud boys is basically a holocaust denier and released a rant entitled ‘10 things i hate about jews’. somehow i doubt they are pro-zionist. though there are so many confused rednecks in america that it wouldn’t surprise me if you could find overlap between the evangelical types and the proud boys.

uziq wrote:

https://thejewishnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/proud-boys.jpg

uziq wrote:

macbeth wanting ‘more punishment for everyone generally’ i’m sure sounds impressive when you’re posturing on catholic subreddits. it won’t be so impressive when you watch your old man get thrown to the ground at a traffic stop, or when your sister catches a bullet whilst she’s sat at home minding her own business.
Macbeth has a point, whites have it much too easy. I think everyone would have applauded if Madoff had had a no-knock warrant and his wife had been shot (instead of being allowed to walk off with millions of dollars) same if a cop had stood on Weinstein's neck for ten minutes.
Epstein being killed was convenient so I'm not going to call that a win.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-10-05 01:11:54)

uziq
+492|3453
think about why a bunch of anti-semites might wave around a star of david, dilbert. they don't necessarily have to be cheerleading for israel. these alt-right affiliated groups literally came out of trolling culture on 4chan.

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/mi … ans-stupid

Gavin McInnes, who established the Proud Boys in 2016, is known for his anti-Palestinian and anti-Semitic statements.

In March 2017, more than a year before he heeded legal advice to dissociate himself from the Proud Boys, McInnes stated, “Palestinians are stupid. Muslims are stupid. And the only thing they really respect is violence and being tough.”

McInnes has certainly touted violence having once said, “We will kill you. That’s the Proud Boys in a nutshell.”

A friend of Islamophobic Florida congressional candidate Laura Loomer, McInnes also asked in March 2017: “Why don’t we take back Bethlehem? Why don’t we take back Northern Iraq? Why don’t we start our own crusades?”

During the same month, it was reported that McInnes released a video called “10 things I hate about Jews” which later was changed to “10 things I hate about Israel.”

According to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, McInnes claimed that Jews have a “whiny paranoid fear of Nazis.”

That anti-Semitic video can apparently no longer be found at YouTube. A separate video in which he says “I’m becoming anti-Semitic” can be seen at YouTube.

His friendship with Loomer, who is Jewish, is apparently based on white supremacy and shared anti-Palestinian and anti-Muslim sentiment.

McInnes made these anti-Palestinian and anti-Semitic comments around the time of a trip to Israel and the occupied West Bank with white nationalist Faith Goldy. As reported by The Electronic Intifada, Goldy appeared at an Islamophobic rally in 2018 with Jewish Defense League of Canada leader Meir Weinstein and Loomer.
as i said above, they seem like the typical confused hodge-podge of american nationalists, part-evangelical, part-white supremacist. i mean, good luck parsing any sense from a woman who goes to white nationalist rallies and hangs out with 'the jewish defence league'. they sound like wonderful people.

and that's a great way of deflecting from the fact that police forces are overwhelmingly racist and hound black folks. 'no, really, i wish white collar crime had bigger punishments too!' i'm sure that will fix the problem. how very courageous of you.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

police forces are overwhelmingly racist and hound black folks
erm OK
uziq
+492|3453
for a man of science who claims engineers are the sole key to saving the universe, you're strangely impervious to statistics, aren't you?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Police forces have a mild issue with racism here and there.

Like it or not blacks do tend to commit more and more violent crimes than whites.
Arresting them for it doesn't make the police 'overwhelmingly racist'.
Poor choice of words perhaps.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

for a man of science who claims engineers are the sole key to saving the universe, you're strangely impervious to statistics, aren't you?
Scientists and technologists will also be important.
uziq
+492|3453

Dilbert_X wrote:

Like it or not blacks do tend to commit more and more violent crimes than whites.
did you even read the article about the practices of the LAPD? 'blacks commit more violent crimes than whites'? erm, ok? so remind me again why a police force is specifically ticketing the black community with low-level infractions and misdemeanours? how would you feel and behave if the police were constantly patrolling around your parents' bungalow suburb, issuing fines for littering, not having your bins properly sorted, having a bald tyre on your car, etc. etc? it's akin to low-level harrassment, constant aggravation; and certainly no feeling of equality or justice or 'community'.

this brings me back to my point earlier: why do you expect the black community to behave with probity and decorum in a society that treats them like shit? that has dumped them on the bottom of the socio-economic ladder, historically denied them equal access to positions of power and respectability, and heavily over-polices them? oh, it's their fault now that they are impatient with the police and kick-off over each and every shooting?

society has to extend the first olive branch in scenarios like this. it's the police who should be held to the most high and exacting standards, as public functionaries and representatives of 'the system'. you can't rely on the 'decency' of black folk to de-escalate the situation. christian dignity and decency haven't worked for them in hundreds of years.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK

Dilbert_X wrote:

Wow.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

society has to extend the first olive branch in scenarios like this. it's the police who should be held to the most high and exacting standards, as public functionaries and representatives of 'the system'. you can't rely on the 'decency' of black folk to de-escalate the situation. christian dignity and decency haven't worked for them in hundreds of years.
Explain how pretty well every african country which has been shown how 'christian dignity and decency' works has reverted to savagery and criminality at the first opportunity.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Yes, dilbert. Christian dignity and decency has been amazing for Africa over the course of colonialism.
uziq
+492|3453

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

Explain how pretty well every african country which has been shown how 'christian dignity and decency' works has reverted to savagery and criminality at the first opportunity.
again with the comparing the history of african-americans, an emancipated slave population who literally built up the extractive wealth and industrial base of the american state, with the history of africans ... thousands of miles away, affected by european colonialism and entirely different processes of historical change ...

they are NOT comparable at all. you seem to think someone in wisconsin should account for the state of burkina-faso. you are clearly fucking demented. do you take the state of russia as a savage indictment of the 'whites'? do you feel burning shame as a white person when there's a political scandal in canada? do you feel personally responsible to the world for donald trump and the direction of american democracy? so WHY do you judge african-americans based on the failure of post-colonial states in africa? MAKE SOME FUCKING SENSE.

which has been shown how 'christian dignity and decency' works
and i quite clearly was referring to the christian virtues of forbearance shown by the african-american community, who have often been the most devout and most observant of modern christian citizens, in their american context; the tropes of penitence and suffering as part of the civil rights movement, gospel church values, sunday attendance at church and so on, you know. i am not talking about the syncretic christianity pushed to africans in the colonial era. again, to any right-thinking person, this comparison would be INANE. obviously the christianity of a ugandan, where homosexuality is punishable by death, is of a totally different genesis and sort from that of an african-american baptist in illinois.

you remind me of a passage from orwell. this shit is already nearly 100 years old and you haven't moved on at all.

By ‘nationalism’ I mean first of all the habit of assuming that human beings can be classified like insects and that whole blocks of millions or tens of millions of people can be confidently labelled ‘good’ or ‘bad’. But secondly ­– and this is much more important – I mean the habit of identifying oneself with a single nation or other unit, placing it beyond good and evil and recognizing no other duty than that of advancing its interests [...] Nationalism is inseparable from the desire for power. The abiding purpose of every nationalist is to secure more power and more prestige, not for himself but for the nation or other unit in which he has chosen to sink his own individuality.

As nearly as possible, no nationalist ever thinks, talks, or writes about anything except the superiority of his own power unit. It is difficult if not impossible for any nationalist to conceal his allegiance. The smallest slur upon his own unit, or any implied praise of a rival organization, fills him with uneasiness which he can only relieve by making some sharp retort. If the chosen unit is an actual country, such as Ireland or India, he will generally claim superiority for it not only in military power and political virtue, but in art, literature, sport, structure of the language, the physical beauty of the inhabitants, and perhaps even in climate, scenery and cooking.

Last edited by uziq (2020-10-05 04:58:21)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
It would be nice if Uzique and other white social justice warriors spent half the energy they spend on criminal black people instead on our border child concentration camps.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/Ursula_%28detention_center%29_2.jpg
Where are their riots and mass protest?
uziq
+492|3453
that's a terrible problem, too, and it sounds like your border force are a semi-racist organization staffed with rotten pigs.

pretty much the entire world have lined up to decry the situation on your borders.

why must it be either/or with you? do you want to talk about mexicans?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard