KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

You find the worst angles. I can appreciate your ability to find those angles but good lord.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

to shahter and dilbert this is just logically proof that african-americans must consume 70% of all drugs and alcohol. that's the natural explanation for why they are arrested far more for it.
It could be that.
whites cannot be drunks or homeless, or petty criminals. they are instead mentally ill people who need HELP.
Maybe blacks tend to live in cities instead of country areas, and they seem to be more likely to be 'hanging' late at night than white people.

Whats the average plod who needs his quota of tickets going to do at 10pm,

[  ] cruise around a white neighbourhood where everyone is asleep ready for work the next day

[  ] go to a black neighbourhood where people are up and about, driving their cars, drinking and taking drugs and robbing convenience stores?

[  ] drive an hour into the country to see if maybe he will run into someone who maybe had a bit too much to drink and might wander into a ditch to sleep it off safely
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3423
yes and i mean, why would anyone even dream of protesting at a justice system where police routinely cruise around your neighbourhood and issue tickets to everyone present to satisfy a 'department quota'? these BLM folks should shut the fuck up, they already have perfect equality, it's right there in the statistics ... etc etc.

when was the last time you hung around downtown in a city? you really think white adults don't hang around late at night in sydney or melbourne, dilbert? or los angeles? the difference is that white people basically never have to fear being pulled over, stopped and searched, or otherwise questioned just for being out in the streets and having a good time. the cops are satisfying their quotas in the next borough or neighbourhood over, with the poor and coloured folk.

It could be that.
and you know that's not true. the simple fact is that middle-class white folks are allowed to have their dinner parties with drinking and cocaine use and the police never accost them. it's practically an open secret in westminster that michael gove and his journo wife, sarah vine, throw huge dinner parties with open and free use of drugs. tory westminster MPs are trying to encourage 'drug testing' in the workplace for amazon warehouse drones but won't even brook the idea of random drug tests on MPs in the houses of parliament (vice journos swabbed the toilets in the place and they were full of positive traces for class A drugs). there was a small tabloid furore here last week because new 10pm curfews were introduced to pubs and alcohol-serving venues ... except for the members' bars in the houses of parliament. but of course, the respectable whites and the great and the good don't consume alcohol anything like blacks, do they?

look at the sentencing patterns and incarceration rates. if you're a black man caught with a small quantity of weed in new york, as macbeth has raised before, you're going to jail. if you're caught with crack, you're getting a severe punishment; powder form, the snuff of choice for the wall street lot, you're pretty much fine. hardly anyone will ever bother you.

it's just a simple fact that the white 'mainstream' can go to clubs, get drunk and rowdy in bars, scuffle in the carparks, be loud and abusive to door staff, etc. without fear of random death-by-cop or a long custodial sentence. the justice system is so patently racist and inconsistently applied. it would be hypocritical of me to not point this very obvious fact out. it extends from petty ticketing infractions all the way up to letting militias armed with assault rifles storm civic buildings.

Last edited by uziq (2020-10-01 05:40:22)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yeah anyway, clearly you're blind to all the leftists with guns who turn up to rallies, stalked around the CHAZ etc.

But if its legal to carry a gun somewhere why would the police stop someone carrying a gun? Now that would be harassment.
uziq
+492|3423
put the problem in context and proportion, dilbert. 'leftists carrying guns who turn up to rallies'? the CHAZ? lol.

how many protests have there been for BLM? what's the total turnout? in america? in the world?

so your way of dismissing the demands of BLM is 'look at the CHAZ!'.

yes, i agree, we should do nothing about systemic injustice that affects hundreds of millions of citizens in a modern democracy because *checks notes* crazed leftists are out of control!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You're very confused, I didn't say we should dismiss BLM because people with guns took over the CHAZ.

What I said was your comment that it only seems to be right whitists who turn out in public with guns is palpably wrong.

In fact if you look at the history it seems it was BLM who started bringing guns to political events and public buildings and making a thing of it.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2019-08/9/15/asset/700125dbb79d/sub-buzz-2553-1565363482-1.jpg?crop=2584:1353;416,120

https://originalpeople.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/blackpantherparty960.jpg

https://www.historylink.org/Content/Media/Photos/Large/black-panther-protesters-unloading-firearms-olympia-february-28-1969.jpg

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-10-01 17:38:01)

uziq
+492|3423
that is not BLM. i think you are the one who is confused. BLM is explicitly non-violent and non-armed.

BLM didn't exist in 1969 dilbert. it was founded in 2013.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Open carry laws were supported by the NRA because Black Panthers started carrying guns. Many Black Panther members were murdered by Police.

Dilbert, you are right to point out how the struggle for equal rights in the US has been ongoing for more than 50 years, and pre-dates BLM. What has been consistent is the institutional racism and refusal to cede any ground to the simple request to be treated equally. People like you have been the vanguard of that effort.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yeah anyway, clearly you're blind to all the leftists with guns who turn up to rallies, stalked around the CHAZ etc.

But if its legal to carry a gun somewhere why would the police stop someone carrying a gun? Now that would be harassment.
It feels like yesterday that I sarcastically quipped about gun-toting whites imposing their viewpoint with the threat of lethal force.

Hundreds protest in Michigan seeking end to governor's emergency powers
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal … SKBN22C38W

But obviously that means that every white protest are a bunch of crazed lunatics. Million Mom March and things like it should obviously be met with APCs, nerve agents, and rubber bullet miniguns.

Some of the same people talking crap about BLM getting in society's way had nothing to say about "Operation Gridlock," or would just mention that "go them; people have had enough!"
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Rubber bullet mini-guns would be neat.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

One clip that always comes to mind when someone emphasizes "less lethal" like it's ok to thoughtlessly deploy against anyone you want.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert, you are right to point out how the struggle for equal rights in the US has been ongoing for more than 50 years, and pre-dates BLM. What has been consistent is the institutional racism and refusal to cede any ground to the simple request to be treated equally. People like you have been the vanguard of that effort.
You don't thinks its strange that all the other races, even the Irish, just get on with their lives and build for themselves, the blacks expect everything to be handed to them?

As uziq pointed out, equal treatment has been enshrined in law for decades or centuries.

Also, there's no vanguard in an edifice like the status quo.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-10-01 18:39:49)

uziq
+492|3423
i am pointing out that the reality does not reflect the constitutional amendments. do you even understand how the law works? it’s like a law on ‘human rights’: such entities don’t exist until they’re broken and plaintiffs make a claim for them. the law is patently not being applied equally in america, as per the constitution, so BLM are protesting. which is also a constitutionally enshrined right, by the way.

i think you also need to do some research on the irish-american immigrant experience and how they ‘got on’. as in, powerful politics lobbies, using the catholic church, and big time organised crime, among many other routes. how fucking funny that you stereotype african-americans with racist ‘but they’re criminals!’ tropes and yet approve of the irish. my guy the fucking irish were tarred with the same brush by xenophobes too. all the same criminal tropes pertain. fuck sake. you are so transparently racist that it’s a bore.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

"Blacks expect everything to be handed out to them" has been a white drum for a long time, and especially in recent decades' conservative programming. When called out on it, pundits will respond with winks and counter-accusations. "Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer!" Dilbert, you seem to have fallen into it as guilelessly as your engineering supremacy complex.

I wonder how many white people, who otherwise might have been rather moderate, were driven into extremist groups by the narrative.
uziq
+492|3423
dilbert got a free education and is the product of a very strong social democratic state. he emigrated to a foreign country and expected a career and job and painless transition.

it’s always these types who think that the poor or the disadvantaged should ‘pull themselves up by their boot straps’. dilbert is probably one of the most entitled people here.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

We just don't understand the unique stress he endures cadding nuts and bolts. People could die!

The cab driver he lambasted not long ago? The lives of his passengers are in his hands too.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

i think you also need to do some research on the irish-american immigrant experience and how they ‘got on’. as in, powerful politics lobbies, using the catholic church, and big time organised crime, among many other routes.
I agree, Irish-Americans are garbage for sure, however where they've succeed the blacks have done nothing.
Same argument for hispanics, vietnamese, cambodians, koreans, indians, italians, greeks, maybe not the french, germans, danes, swedes etc.
They've all moved past the living in tents stage.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

We just don't understand the unique stress he endures cadding nuts and bolts. People could die!
My last two jobs were developing a core control system unit for the air-warfare destroyer fleet and building complete replacement control systems for twelve submarines.

You're welcome.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-10-01 20:00:47)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Amazing contribution to the improvement of society, but whatever. "Historians and arts are pointless. Now excuse me while I insert myself into the cog box of the national death machine production construct."

"You're welcome."

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Wars started by engineers - 0

Wars started by failed artists - Lots
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Yeah, you're sure going out of your way to (help) build war machines, just out of the kindness of your heart! Not as if you're getting paid for it or anything.

You're right, people should "thank" you.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Space is expanding here, I may do that next.

https://blueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/story/thumbnail/58162/031ac44e-df7e-4639-9c8f-e620d1ab88b1.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I think a lot but certainly not all of the black community's problems are due to cultural attitudes and taste built up over the years. Many genres of rap music is extremely problematic and that is way more listened to among impressionable youth than other "black music" like jazz and soul. There is good and healthy black cultural objects the same way there are good black people. Broad denouncements (Dilbert) or broad defenses (Uzique) of 'black culture' is unhelpful. And I think there is a genuine problem among a lot of white people to not acknowledge that there is some good black culture. If you want to spin it as just assimilated white culture fine. But don't mock and reject it either. I'm not saying Dilbert is doing either of those things too mind you.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Blacks mock assimilated white culture just fine, there's no need for us to get involved.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Sometimes kids who are going to get bullied regardless get bullied for 'acting white'. I think that is mostly mythology though.

I am talking more about things like people mocking black people liking fried chicken and stuff rather than acknowledging that some 'black food' is a gift to our society. Fried chicken is genuinely good and I think it would be great for that community if their youth listened to less violent rap and watched more cooking shows. They can then be encouraged to open small food businesses or trained to become chefs. Instead they get mocked for taking an interest in their community's food.

And I notice that society is in fact more cruel to them than other minorities in this one slim regard (and many others too). "Taco Tuesday" is a thing but "fried chicken Friday" isn't. There are many upscale restaurants that serve "Asian fusion" dishes but no one is interested in upscale "black fusion".
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard