Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Apparently they did identify themselves and her boyfriend shot first.
It seems one officer was wearing a camera but footage is not forthcoming, I guess we'll see.

Like I said, unless lives are at stake and seconds count then no-knock entries are just asking for trouble.

I don't believe BLM are all sweetness and light, they have an agenda and its not inclusive.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3423
BLM are literally inclusive. it is right there on their website.

as you have (wrongly) contested before, latin and native american communities are in solidarity with BLM, and do not view them as an 'aggressive' threat or a 'usurper' of the racist system, merely replacing whites with a new category. perhaps you should listen to them, as it directly affects their lives in the united states?

you are a 'white replacement theory' type, i don't doubt it for a second, and seem to think that anybody asking for equality is taking something from you.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm sure the Chinese are our friends too, no doubt it says so on the CCP website.

Its not about 'equality', and they have it already.

Everywhere in the world which has been or has become black dominated has been a shithole. Would you rather live in Haiti or Florida for example?
But no, lets repeat the experiment in Western countries and see what getting the same result achieves.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The boyfriend was a legal gun owner and had a right to defend his property from a late night assault. Even if they announced themselves there is no guarantee that the sleeping couple could hear them. At the very least the officers and anyone who had a hand in authorizing and planning the raid should be fired and banned from policing. The boyfriend and the family of the lady who died should also get a substantial payment from the city and people who authorized the raid for all of the trouble.

And however you feel about BLM, this case is a perfect example of what is genuinely wrong with policing in America. This silly shit could happen to any of us especially a gun person like you Dilbert. And it was all over recreational drugs.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3423

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'm sure the Chinese are our friends too, no doubt it says so on the CCP website.

Its not about 'equality', and they have it already.

Everywhere in the world which has been or has become black dominated has been a shithole. Would you rather live in Haiti or Florida for example?
But no, lets repeat the experiment in Western countries and see what getting the same result achieves.
you've been trotting out this ahistorical nonsense for years. nobody is even reading it anymore dilbert. you don't want to listen, let alone learn, so i'm finished responding to it. it is quite literally historically illiterate.

florida 'black-dominated' a state that has 16% african-americans?

haiti, you mean the first country in the world to have a successful revolution against the european imperial powers? the first state to have a slave rebellion? and which had to pay a huge and onerous package of debt settlement to france for most of its modern history? yes it must be the colour of their skin that determines the nation's health. being in the path of hurricanes helps, i'm sure.

Last edited by uziq (2020-09-24 07:49:08)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No, Florida is white-dominated, dur, hence I'm sure you'd rather live there.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The boyfriend was a legal gun owner and had a right to defend his property from a late night assault. Even if they announced themselves there is no guarantee that the sleeping couple could hear them. At the very least the officers and anyone who had a hand in authorizing and planning the raid should be fired and banned from policing. The boyfriend and the family of the lady who died should also get a substantial payment from the city and people who authorized the raid for all of the trouble.

And however you feel about BLM, this case is a perfect example of what is genuinely wrong with policing in America. This silly shit could happen to any of us especially a gun person like you Dilbert. And it was all over recreational drugs.
Well, for the third time, no-knock raids make no sense over relatively minor stuff like drug dealing.
uziq
+492|3423

Dilbert_X wrote:

so your question is would i rather live in a world superpower or a small ex-slave colony? hmmm.

what does this have to do with race again?
Elizabeth
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+1|1339
Macbeth's godmother lives in Florida and is leaving her house to him. Assuming a sinkhole or hurricane doesn't destroy it, Macbeth will be a home owner someday. You would need to force him to live in Florida at gunpoint though. There is frankly no reason to leave the NYC region.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
why are you using both accounts
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

so your question is would i rather live in a world superpower or a small ex-slave colony? hmmm.

what does this have to do with race again?
OK, go live in a black superpower, I don't care.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
One of the tragedies of the racialized politics of the Obama-Trump period is that someone's opinion on politics can so often be reduced to their race. What I mean by that is that it is easy to write off a white person's opposition to Obama as racism instead of genuine political differences. The same is true with minorities and Trump. I do not like that my opposition to Trump is assumed to be because of his racism compared to everything else about him. I genuinely believe you would need to go back to medieval times to find someone so undeserving of respect holding such a prestigious office.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Depends if you mean elected or unelected.

Stalin was worse but the did get things done.
uziq
+492|3423
more historical illiteracy. just amazing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You're saying Trump got more done than Stalin or you like Stalin better?
uziq
+492|3423
a comparison of trump with stalin is completely asinine.

‘got things done’ is the sort of thing a boor in a bar says about hitler. ‘he built the motorways!’. it’s just funny that this is your level of historical commentary. you really know your stuff mate!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You're right, Trump is probably not a frustrated poet, I doubt he he even read any poetry unless it was tattooed on a young girl.

Eisenhower admired the motorway idea so much he took it back with him.
Probably we can thank Hitler for American cars only being able to drive in straight lines.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-09-24 23:53:45)

uziq
+492|3423
and hitler was inspired by henry ford’s anti-semitism and american eugenics, right?

did you know that ford and the founder of IBM were both given one of nazi germany’s highest civilian honours? these engineers sound almost as dangerous as the frustrated poets and failed artists!

what other pub history do you know?

go on, then, what good things did stalin get done? i love hearing this defence of authoritarians.

Last edited by uziq (2020-09-25 00:05:48)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

It's a mystery to me why you dislike the US president so much, Dilbert. If you had moved to the states rather than the land of oz I'm sure you'd be driving around in a Trump pickup. So much commentary in common with the redcaps here.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

and hitler was inspired by henry ford’s anti-semitism and american eugenics, right?

did you know that ford and the founder of IBM were both given one of nazi germany’s highest civilian honours? these engineers sound almost as dangerous as the frustrated poets and failed artists!
Did they actually themselves commit any evil?

What if I told you American companies have spent the last 30 years queuing up to build factories in China and across Asia to take advantage of disadvantaged people.
Your precious Macbook was probably made by slave labour. I'm sure it contains parts which were. The great artist Jobs was fine with that.
Blair and many others are fine with doing deals with despot.

what other pub history do you know?
I know that the Americans had no qualms about hiring von Braun and his entire team, notwithstanding their Nazi past and connections with slave labour.

go on, then, what good things did stalin get done? i love hearing this defence of authoritarians.
I don't know, defeated the Germans?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-09-25 00:56:47)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's a mystery to me why you dislike the US president so much, Dilbert. If you had moved to the states rather than the land of oz I'm sure you'd be driving around in a Trump pickup. So much commentary in common with the redcaps here.
Half of what he says is right, but the other half is dangerous and he is dangerous.

I don't think I'd be welcome at a MAGA rally in a Subaru somehow.
uziq
+492|3423
What if I told you American companies have spent the last 30 years queuing up to build factories in China and across Asia to take advantage of disadvantaged people.
Your precious Macbook was probably made by slave labour. I'm sure it contains parts which were. The great artist Jobs was fine with that.
no disagreement from me: capitalism is bad, the depredations of capitalism are bad, exploitation of workers is bad; and neoliberal capitalism and its open-armed embrace of china for its own cynical purposes has been doubly bad, and probably a gross historical mistake. what does that have to do with explicitly funding hate ideologies, though? in sponsoring and giving support to racist or totalitarian regimes? let's not forget that the west engaged in business with china in the hope (misplaced or not) that china would become more liberal and more democratic -- not the opposite. ford was not that.

as for the 'aha! you own things! you are complicit in all the evils of capitalism!' i say: ok. living at your parents' in a maternal cocoon doesn't make you exempt from it, either, dilbert. rare earth minerals and metals come from child labour in africa. i am quite sure that the vast majority of electronics in your home are not assembled in australia. i am very much sure that most of your fashion and textiles are not upmarket boutique stuff made by artisanal hipsters in australia, and probably also come from sweatshops in indonesia or vietnam or something.

there's a meme picture somewhere on the internet that has something to do with 'i see you like coffee! tell me more about being anti-capitalist'. you've probably seen it. it's not a good point, dilbert.

not sure about steve jobs being 'an artist'. who has ever called him that? bro he didn't even have a humanities degree! let alone was he an artist! but sure, someone who wears turtlenecks and jeans probably strikes you as an exotic and intimidating type.

Did they actually themselves commit any evil?
henry ford funded the publication and dissemination of anti-semitic tracts. 'the international jew' and 'the protocols of the elders of zion' not only influenced hitler and the nazis with conspiracy theory, but also latterly influenced the muslim brotherhood and islamic fascism. i don't know, but somehow i consider being an ideological influence and mouthpiece for a movement that killed 6 million people as pretty 'evil' to me. not sure how your moral compass is calibrated and to what sort of due north it points over there, buddy!

he wasn’t unique in his class either, of american mega-rich capitalists and corporatists who funded fascist regimes. money poured in, deals were made, services lended. are you going to tell me all the engineers, like all the corporate bosses and authoritarian strongmen, were in fact Good because they 'were job creators'?

none of it is particularly interesting or surprising but seeing as you like to link things like ‘stalin wrote bad poetry’ to his tendencies to also send all of his political rivals to labour camps and basements, i think it’s worth adding for nuance that plenty of clear-sighted science folk have contributed to holocausts, hate ideologies and totalitarianisms.

Last edited by uziq (2020-09-25 02:14:08)

uziq
+492|3423
lol that you credit stalin with defeating the germans. the russians would have been better with just about any other senior communist as leader. stalin didn’t listen to his own military leaders or western intelligence when it was clear hitler was launching an invasion of russia. he spent two weeks in bed whilst the germans leapt into his territories.

stalin killed off almost all of russia’s military officer class, and with it all of their expertise and ability to wage war effectively, and installed political apparatchiks instead. he made a national pariah out of trotsky, who had proven experience as a leader during wartime.

this is all popular-history level gloss. when asked ‘ok stalin did many bad things, but what did he do that was good?’ crediting him with ‘winning ww2’ is a VERY hot take hahaha.

it would be more befitting and in line with soviet ideology to say that the red army won the war, rather despite stalin’s zerg tactics and incompetence.

Last edited by uziq (2020-09-25 02:05:55)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Half of what he says is right, but the other half is dangerous and he is dangerous.

I don't think I'd be welcome at a MAGA rally in a Subaru somehow.
Oh please, you can find plenty of foreign cars driven by Republicans.

uziq wrote:

lol that you credit stalin with defeating the germans. the russians would have been better with just about any other senior communist as leader. stalin didn’t listen to his own military leaders or western intelligence when it was clear hitler was launching an invasion of russia. he spent two weeks in bed whilst the germans leapt into his territories.

stalin killed off almost all of russia’s military officer class, and with it all of their expertise and ability to wage war effectively, and installed political apparatchiks instead. he made a national pariah out of trotsky, who had proven experience as a leader during wartime.

this is all popular-history level gloss. when asked ‘ok stalin did many bad things, but what did he do that was good?’ crediting him with ‘winning ww2’ is a VERY hot take hahaha.

it would be more befitting and in line with soviet ideology to say that the red army won the war, rather despite stalin’s zerg tactics and incompetence.
On that, the military parade stream links I get from one of my Russian buddies are very military-focused, including the WW2 centric stuff. From just that peep through the window, Stalin seems quite downplayed. On Order 227: link.

Amazing how blandly wikipedia can describe years of misery sometimes, but I suppose its ideal is to not embellish.

"Detrimental effect."
uziq
+492|3423
i mean, russia have every reason to commemorate their soldiers and be extremely proud of the sacrifices made in WW2. but to use that same history as a giant tick in the 'pro-stalin' column is a little bit mystifying. he was not a good military or war-time leader. he literally obliterated the best and most talented military leaders in soviet russia, e.g. tukhachevsky, out of his own paranoid machinations.

it's frequently bandied about that hitler was the cause of nazi germany's military defeats, with a series of serious strategic blunders, not listening to his generals, etc etc. well, stalin did far worse. he executed his best generals and let the NKVD purge half of the red army. crediting him with 'winning' ww2 is a bit fucking funny.

Last edited by uziq (2020-09-25 06:16:44)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard