uziq
+492|3451
Two people were shot dead and another injured when at least one gunman opened fire on protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, amid demonstrations against the police shooting of Jacob Blake three days ago.

David Beth, the county sheriff, said one person was shot in the head and another in the chest shortly before midnight on Tuesday. Another person was shot in the arm. The victims have not been identified.

Beth said people describing themselves as belonging to a militia had been patrolling Kenosha’s streets in recent nights but he did not know if the shooter was involved with such a group.

“They’re a militia,” Beth told reporters. “They’re like a vigilante group.”

Cellphone video of at least two of the shootings posted online showed what appears to be a white man with a semi-automatic rifle firing three or four shots from a prone position on the ground, hitting at least two people.
uziq
+492|3451
uziq
+492|3451
Wisconsin Lt Gov Mandela Barnes said in an interview with the news program “Democracy Now!” that the shootings were not surprising and that white militias have been ignored for too long.

“How many times across this country do you see armed gunmen, protesting, walking into state Capitols, and everybody just thinks it’s OK?” Barnes said.

“People treat that like it’s some kind of normal activity that people are walking around with assault rifles.”

Barnes added that the police shooting of Jacob Blake was unjustified:

“There’s no way that any officer could look at that video and say that that’s the way policing should happen,” Barnes said.

“We need police departments, sheriff’s departments to acknowledge that there is a real problem in the culture of policing.”
gunman was a 17 year old kid hyped up on patriot defender-of-white-civilisation juice.

facebook have taken down the event page for the ‘call to arms’. half of them weren’t even from wisconsin.

regardless of where you fall on the politics or legality of it, it just shows what a crock of shit the entire armed militia/gun lobby argument is. people running around in tense situations with assault rifles, rash decisions and irrational behaviour, tempers flaring, adrenaline going, etc. recipe for actual disaster no two ways about it. every video i've seen of people with guns at riots or protests inevitably leads to escalation, not de-escalation.

Last edited by uziq (2020-08-26 11:39:10)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

It's very clear what the militias are fighting for. Look at what they are protecting. All the words about freedom and combating tyranny are just smokescreens for what they really want- white supremacy. It was the case in the past when they didn't even pretend to be about "defending the constitution" and instead wore white robes, is the case now with groups like the 3 percenters or Identity Europa, and will be the case in the future when they realign as "defenders of male authority" or whatever batshit nonsense they cook up next.

When people like the Anti-Defamation League correctly classify these groups as extremist, racist, terrorist organizations, people like Jay come out of the woodwork and defend them. "Not all of them" they say, as they look at opportunistic rioters and complain that BLM wants to burn everything to the ground.

These people hold ideologies of hate. There's no place for this type of movement in the modern world. They are desperate losers.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

White supremacy definitely features heavily into the "we should join a militia" psyche. I don't have any facts or figures on hand to back that up, just anecdotal experience with and around some of the personalities who spent the 90s and late 80s letting talk radio and political echo chambers roundabout wind them up about dangerous and uppity black men or how their "class" was being displaced. And more recently with Hillary Clinton's "band of deplorables" comment used as an extremely bitter rallying call. "They hate us, they hate us, they hate us!"
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It's very clear what the militias are fighting for. Look at what they are protecting. All the words about freedom and combating tyranny are just smokescreens for what they really want- white supremacy. It was the case in the past when they didn't even pretend to be about "defending the constitution" and instead wore white robes, is the case now with groups like the 3 percenters or Identity Europa, and will be the case in the future when they realign as "defenders of male authority" or whatever batshit nonsense they cook up next.

When people like the Anti-Defamation League correctly classify these groups as extremist, racist, terrorist organizations, people like Jay come out of the woodwork and defend them. "Not all of them" they say, as they look at opportunistic rioters and complain that BLM wants to burn everything to the ground.

These people hold ideologies of hate. There's no place for this type of movement in the modern world. They are desperate losers.
Yes yes, when there are no white people left there will be no racism.

Funny how black people won't tolerate 'colonisers' in Africa and its OK for them to throw them out, but white people in predominantly white countries have to accept all the black people who want to come there, and provide support for them.

At this point I think the Police should stop trying to deal with black-on-black crime, it just causes trouble.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3451

are you high or something? 'tolerate the black people who want to come there'. african-americans were BROUGHT THERE IN CHAINS, you dipshit! and they were declared equal citizens by constitutional amendment HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO. that's the legal, statutory fact, your racist opinions and feelings about 'non-whites' is irrelevant.
Larssen
+99|1886
Moreover as for black people in Europe most came here through decolonisation arrangements.

It's sad how the migration crisis has now become the go-to explanation for the presence of all non white people in 'traditionally white' societies.
uziq
+492|3451
really makes you wonder, doesn't it, this correlation between sheer historical illiteracy and racism or other ugly, misogynistic, misanthropic ideologies.

'human beings are made to hate one another, it's an eternal genetic fact'.

says the person who couldn't even limn an outline of the last 100 years, let alone the last 4 centuries relevant to the discussion.

really make u think! all those worthless history degrees ...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
uziq
+492|3451
unfortunately for you there are white people in that photo.

yes, parts of south wales really are a shithole. so are most provincial town centres on a saturday night.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Machete fights are a new thing.
uziq
+492|3451
there's been reported rises in knife/machete crime for over a decade. the last big scare was acid attacks (with plenty of white perps and victims, fyi).

i'm impressed by how thoroughgoing your tabloid research is, though. even dipping into worthless local papers in south wales. always on the trail for a good alarmist article that lets you race-hate!
uziq
+492|3451
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgdJkeUWoAAqowD?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgdJknpWAAIYbYk?format=jpg&name=medium
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Many of them never stopped fighting civil war one, should be fun to watch.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Yes yes, when there are no white people left there will be no racism.

Funny how black people won't tolerate 'colonisers' in Africa and its OK for them to throw them out, but white people in predominantly white countries have to accept all the black people who want to come there, and provide support for them.

At this point I think the Police should stop trying to deal with black-on-black crime, it just causes trouble.
you are part of the problem, dilbert. People like you are holding back meaningful social change, because people like you think it is zero sum where if  black people have equal rights (like we've been pretending to do for over 100 years) it must mean some of your white person rights are taken away.

Black people are probably sick of the constant violent aggression of colonizers. Speaking of colonialism, isn't it funny how colonialism and imperialism lead to migration? Have you ever stopped and wondered why there are so many Central American immigrants into the US? Northern Africans in France and Italy? And have you thought that maybe early 19th and 20th century American and European Foreign Policy directly led to that migration? I know you are not a fan of imperialism in general, but you need to understand the link between imperialism and migration.

Speaking of which, aren't you a white migrant into a non-white country, and a country intimately linked to imperalism at that? Or is the history of Australia too old for that to be of significance?
uziq
+492|3451
dilbert's family's migration to australia is not an accidental or inconsequential detail. until they recanted and apologised in recent history, australia marketed it as THE 'white society'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy

it was like a rhodesia only for convicts and nonces rather than imperialists.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Aren't you a coloniser in Indian territory Ken?

Wasn't the 'constant violent aggression of colonisers' some time ago? What does that have to do with me?
Or is just being white a crime now? Sounds racist no?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

dilbert's family's migration to australia is not an accidental or inconsequential detail. until they recanted and apologised in recent history, australia marketed it as THE 'white society'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy

it was like a rhodesia only for convicts and nonces rather than imperialists.
As a British govt representative in various countries my father was often responsible for issuing Australian travel visas, so he did in fact implement that policy as part of his job.

Still notable that the crime rate amongst the descendents of white criminals is an order of magnitude lower than for law-abiding slaves.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

Aren't you a coloniser in Indian territory Ken?

Wasn't the 'constant violent aggression of colonisers' some time ago? What does that have to do with me?
Or is just being white a crime now? Sounds racist no?
Yeah, I recognize the role white Europeans and early Americans had in decimating the indigenous population. One of my ancestors on my mother's side married a Chiricaua woman. They also owned slaves. My family history on my mom's side is not at all rosy. I recognize this- why would I whitewash my own history? Isn't it evident by what I post here that historical materialism matters?

The US was involved in a coup in Honduras 11 years ago. They actively involve themselves in South American countries, including Venezuela and Bolivia within the last 5 years.

Neoliberalism is the new colonialism. Methods and vocabulary has changed, motivations stay the same.

So no, it's not "some time ago".

Let me know when anyone besides fringe racists think being white is a crime
uziq
+492|3451
i couldn't care less what your daddy did, maybe you should grow out of talking about daddy's work. you're not at prep school anymore. i was only pointing out the prevalence of racist bullshit in australian life because it was ran like an apartheid regime up until the 1970s.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

uziq wrote:

i couldn't care less what your daddy did, maybe you should grow out of talking about daddy's work. you're not at prep school anymore. i was only pointing out the prevalence of racist bullshit in australian life because it was ran like an apartheid regime up until the 1970s.
Oregon was created to be a white utopia. It was written into their state constitution. There's no coincidence that it's popping off right now.
uziq
+492|3451
i only learned that about 6 months ago, actually. i knew it had a very white vibe but didn't know it was explicitly so.

Last edited by uziq (2020-08-27 17:59:53)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

Um well wasn't most of Britains wealth which has flowed down to your education and nice lifestyle built on colonialism and slavery?
Aren't you living in the one British town literally built on slavery?

I mean whats your point in all of this?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard