Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6111|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

oh so it's the black driver's fault that the london met has historically been institutionally racist and discriminated against black people? great reasoning. 'well there must be a reason why we are racist towards your group specifically and not bangladeshis, no?'
Still not a real answer.

amazing what a quisling you are when it comes to restricting the freedoms of other people. would you really be happy being pulled over and stopped to ask where you're going and what you're doing with a nice car every time you visit another city? is that the democracy you want to live in? you really think police forces have no other way to fight a drug war than random traffic stops?  lmao.
If it meant putting a crimp on drug dealing and gang crime in a high crime area it wouldn't bother me no. And I have been pulled over in London for a simple check, is this your car? can we see your drivers license? thank you very much you can go on your way. And I wasn't even black or driving a nice car.
As Laurence Dallaglio said, drive a shitbox and you can courier all the coke you want, drive a flash car and the police are going to check you whatever colour you are.
It must be really tiring living with a huge chip on your shoulder, thinking that everything that happens in your life is due to racism.

did police in france have a policy of pulling over drivers from outside of their local department to ask them where they're going?
I'm sure they did. UK plates currently have regional coding, I'm sure if Police in Scotland saw a car with Devon plates they'd take a closer look.

What if I told you the police here will take an interest in anyone with Victorian plates outside Victoria? Must be racism.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-08-10 06:56:26)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3458
drug drivers deliver in nondescript cars, family cars, unsurprisingly. no idea who 'laurence dallaglio' is but you'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to drive around in a conspicuously nice or conspicuously shit car with drugs. shit cars get pulled over for routine reasons, dilderp.

how you can say it isn't racism when you just linked a graphic showing that the rates of black people being stopped is about 5x that of white people is beyond me. do black people just drive around with balding tyres a lot, or what?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6743|Oxferd Ohire
Poor people do so yes.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6781|Moscow, Russia
that^. did the statistic you mentioned take condition of the cars stopped into consideration, uzi?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
uziq
+492|3458
no, you're right, we need to do a marxist analysis of people stopped by cars so that, rather than modifying the police's racial profiling tactics, we can have a communist revolution instead. an amazing solution! they won't know who to stop, who is a doctor, who is a janitor, who is a drug dealer or a mafioso when everyone is driving one of these!

https://cdni.rbth.com/rbthmedia/images/2020.04/original/5e9dcde885600a03d82775aa.jpg
Larssen
+99|1893
I've been told that if your car is stopped in very rural russia and you're a foreigner it's best to just bribe the police. It's expected.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-08-10 10:37:40)

uziq
+492|3458
the statistic is about stop and search, full stop. it doesn't necessarily involve cars. and it's the london metropolitan police, i.e. over a broad swathe of neighbourhoods and boroughs with different demographics, wealth, ethnicities, religions, etc. etc. black and white people mix freely in london, it's not like the london met overwhelmingly police 'black' areas. the fact that black people are 5x as likely to be stopped and searched in the street, getting off the underground, by the highway police on the road, etc. is nothing short of worrying.

'omg they have a chip on their shoulder', says dilbert, who has probably never been stopped for anything worse than having a flat tyre, and had a good chuckle and laugh with the polite officer.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6781|Moscow, Russia

Larssen wrote:

I've been told that if your car is stopped in very rural russia and you're a foreigner it's best to just bribe the police. It's expected.
that is mostly true, and not about very rural places only, tbh - russian road police is corrupt to the extreme.
but then again, i don't think that's only a problem in russia.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6781|Moscow, Russia

uziq wrote:

the statistic is about stop and search, full stop. it doesn't necessarily involve cars.
it's not the right statistic for the task of determining if racism is the deciding factor in those stops then.
uziq
+492|3458
this may surprise you but london has a lot of poor white people who are the same class as black people.

the black people who were stopped were a SHADOW CABINET MINISTER and a driver, i.e. ruling class, fairly wealthy, driving a very nice car.

hmmm i wonder what is the determining factor here, mr marx? could it be skin colour and not economics?

Last edited by uziq (2020-08-10 10:56:00)

uziq
+492|3458

Shahter wrote:

Larssen wrote:

that is mostly true, and not about very rural places only, tbh - russian road police is corrupt to the extreme.
you would never be able to bribe a police officer in the UK. it's punishable by a very heavy fine or custodial prison sentence, even attempting it.

international students have tried to bribe their university teachers, not outright but by giving them gifts, inducements, hints, etc. and they have been fined.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6781|Moscow, Russia

uziq wrote:

this may surprise you but london has a lot of poor white people who are the same class as black people.
do you have the car condition statistic or not? was in taken into consideration or not? if not, this is the wrong way of finding out if race is the determining factor. period.

the black people who were stopped were a SHADOW CABINET MINISTER and a driver, i.e. ruling class, fairly wealthy, driving a very nice car.

hmmm i wonder what is the determining factor here, mr marx? could it be skin colour and not economics?
one occurrence means exactly nothing in this.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6781|Moscow, Russia

uziq wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Larssen wrote:

you would never be able to bribe a police officer in the UK. it's punishable by a very heavy fine or custodial prison sentence, even attempting it.

international students have tried to bribe their university teachers, not outright but by giving them gifts, inducements, hints, etc. and they have been fined.
i'm happy for you. your point being..?
Larssen
+99|1893

Shahter wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Researching cultural attitudes towards corruption across countries/continents is incredibly interesting. There's huge variation, in some places corruption being part of every day life.
uziq
+492|3458

Shahter wrote:

uziq wrote:

do you have the car condition statistic or not? was in taken into consideration or not? if not, this is the wrong way of finding out if race is the determining factor. period.

they even said that they stopped her car as part of a counter-drugs operation. what the fuck does the condition of the car have to do with anything? this is truly inane. it wasn't a traffic stop to check her oil levels or vehicle road suitability, ffs. they saw black people in an expensive car and assumed they were drug dealers. as i've already averred, as i'm sure i've got into more drug dealers cars than anyone else here, they don't drive flash 'bling' BMWs and saloon cars. that would be very fucking stupid. she got racially profiled, which is corrobated by the fact that an astounding FIVE times as many black people as white people get stopped and searched. THE END.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6781|Moscow, Russia

uziq wrote:

Shahter wrote:

uziq wrote:

they even said that they stopped her car as part of a counter-drugs operation.
were they in their right to do that?

what the fuck does the condition of the car have to do with anything? this is truly inane. it wasn't a traffic stop to check her oil levels or vehicle road suitability, ffs.
it wasn't? and it says so in the statistic in question?
then it's a misunderstanding on my part, apologies. post a link and we are done here.
uziq
+492|3458
they informed them that it was a traffic stop because of a suspected drug dealing/trafficking activity. their only 'suspicion' was caused by a license plate from another region (not unusual in london) and the black drivers/nice car. it was profiling. white people do not get pulled over for driving nice cars in london.

a small incident, sure, but race really was a factor here. it's not even as if all drugs runners and criminals are black, either. most of the drug gangs active in london today are eastern european/balkan.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6690|United States of America
There was a sophisticated looting spree of fancy stores in downtown Chicago last night. People have alleged it's related to a shooting protest also yesterday, but it seems an awful sophisticated operation to throw together in a matter of hours.

Nonetheless, it's exactly what the white subarbanites who don't live in Chicago like my Trumpist uncle needed to cue smarmy comments about how we need Daley-esque brutality and MOAR POLICE who will shoot to maim people. The police already have abysmally low case clearance rates because they aren't trusted in the areas like the south and west sides where most of the shootings and gang violence occur. Yes, it's a shock when there's a brutal mugging on Michigan Avenue, but that's some white people shit to pretend that's where police resources need to be. Having a disparity of wealth a la How the Other Half Lives is never going to be good for the city.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

drug drivers deliver in nondescript cars, family cars, unsurprisingly. no idea who 'laurence dallaglio' is but you'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to drive around in a conspicuously nice or conspicuously shit car with drugs. shit cars get pulled over for routine reasons, dilderp.

how you can say it isn't racism when you just linked a graphic showing that the rates of black people being stopped is about 5x that of white people is beyond me. do black people just drive around with balding tyres a lot, or what?
I dunno lol

Anecdotally our company apprentice is Russian and almost albino white. When he was 18 and had a new V8 Falcon he got pulled over all the time, since he switched to an old Yaris he hasn't been stopped once. Do flashy cars make people look black? I don't know.

Blacks tend to aspire to the gangsta look and drive bling cars, is it a suprise that bling gangsta cars with apparently dodgy plates tend to get pulled over?

Is it that blacks tend to live in high crime - which is to say black - areas and there tends to be a higher police presence? I don't know either.

Lawrence Dallaglio was an England rugby captain who was caught in a NOW sting boasting about dealing drugs.

What I do know is every time a high profile black person goes ape about getting pulled over it does make it harder for the police to catch actual criminals - and blacks are disproportionately represented as both perpetrators and victims especially for violent crime, so really you'd think they'd be glad for the police focus.

I'm sure this MP would go nuts if she had her car stolen and the police responded with "yes we did see your car being driven away after it was reported but there was a black person driving and we couldn't take the risk of another harassment complaint and we needed to get our vehicle stop figures more balanced so instead of chasing it we stopped some white people to check their MOTs were up to date."

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-08-11 18:05:49)

uziq
+492|3458
'a bling gangsta car' with a 'dodgy plate'? is that what you call a 5-door BMW with a *gasp* license plate from a county 4 hours out of town?

they were two middle-aged black people in an executive's car. about as nondescript as possible in london, really. apart from, of course, the fact they had black skin.
Larssen
+99|1893
For what must have been the millionth time in a decade I've visited family only for the conversation to again spiral towards north african and turkish immigrants who live in nationalist enclaves, marrying only with girls/men from the 'home country', commiting crimes in our country and who of course should all be harshly punished and/or expelled. Multiculturalism is a failure, our government is weak on crime, we should demand people assimilate rather than integrate, 'like our people do when they emigrate'. That we shouldn't accept people after X generations not being fully like us. Some take it a step further and simply start cursing about foreigners and turks and the Eurabia conspiracy.

It's really fucking hopeless. On the one hand they may have a minor point or two in some aspects, but it's covered in such sweeping judgments, conspiracies and outright hatred for 'the other' it makes my stomach turn. On the other hand there are indeed communities of immigrants who force toxic nationalism on their descendants, generation after generation, who refuse to accept many aspects of their new home despite living there, covered in either religious or cultural dogma. These problem communities keep turning up in controversies and crime statistics, passing down their helpless stupidity as they go, leaving their children woefully unprepared and resentful of society.

Neither party seems to realise their behaviour sets them on a collision course. I'm increasingly bitter & jaded over this and keep catching myself entertaining the fantasy of just moving out to no man's land or a small village in a country far away so that I may live elsewhere than close to these barbaric ingrates who barely seem to have left their ape-like nature behind. Their silly little worlds revolving only around imagined violence on one another and a lust for dominance.

Quietly I hope that in 5 or 6 generations all this backwardness will have been banished to history, yet in some dystopic version of the future where society/the economy really collapses in on itself I can honestly see the minority communities going the way of the jews. It's happened so often before - I really don't think we've changed much at all in the last few thousand years. Society acting only like some translucent film, barely subduing the chimp instinct driving much of the population.

/rant.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-08-13 13:21:12)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
It will be banished to history in five-six generations, when europe is black, muslim and ruined.
There will be no white people to be racist so there won't be any racism.
This is what Europe will look like then, enjoy.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/04/f4/ac/04f4acb3519a935b8515b3cedecd88a2.jpg
Larssen
+99|1893
Now you're just trolling
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Because predominantly white cities don't have homeless populations and litter, I guess. Always a weird angle when I see it taken.

Without macbeth and jay to offer up the usual controversy, it's dilbert's time to shine.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

Now you're just trolling
Of course I am, the nigerians won't get along with the ugandans, who in turn will pick on the ghanaians, they'll shit on the somalis, the pakistanis will refuse to let afghans ride in their taxis and the indians will still think they're better than everyone.
There'll probably more racism than ever.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard