Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

uziq wrote:

that place looks like a prison. no wonder he is confused about humanities subjects. half the lags there probably were being taught to read.
The wikipedia picture for the school makes the place look like a sewage treatment plant.
That's the district power generation/heating plant. When you're driving over the Throgs Neck from Queens it looks like it's giving you the finger.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3451
haven't you yourself, in many places, on multiple occasions, recommended your nation's 'excellent' state university system as a perfectly good alternative to expensive, private, ivy league education? now you spit on state colleges because they don't have 'out of state' students?

rutgers is ranked very respectably, especially in comparison to your own calibre of education.

lmao jay. scrabble more.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

haven't you yourself, in many places, on multiple occasions, recommended your nation's 'excellent' state university system as a perfectly good alternative to expensive, private, ivy league education? now you spit on state colleges because they don't have 'out of state' students?

rutgers is ranked very respectably, especially in comparison to your own calibre of education.

lmao jay. scrabble more.
I spit on Rutgers because Jersey is trash.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3451
yeah, princeton has nothing on suny maritime.

isn't rutgers one of the oldest colleges in the united states?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
New York is trash, its all relative.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

What a boon to the diploma mill universities of New Jersey!
Rutgers > SUNY Maritime College. No one here ever even heard of the place you went to before we met you.
Rutgers is a diploma mill for New Jersey's shitty suburban kids that couldn't get into any other school. What's the out of state percentage of the population? 2% tops?
Rutgers NB is an internationally ranked research university. It's also one of a handful of colonial colleges.
https://i.imgur.com/TNnpoPq.png
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Probably. It still smells of industrial waste and swamp.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
Thats true of most of America.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

lmao jay. scrabble more.
You grew up white trash. Like your entire life story is how you pulled yourself up from a white trash upbringing to getting an overpriced house in some declining suburb. Way to go. Who even does that? Who makes an identity narrative for themselves?
uziq
+492|3451
jay’s affectations are clear for everyone to see here. i can’t imagine how that snooty national review ‘jay f. buckley’ WASP persona goes down when he’s around his family and old friends.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

uziq wrote:

Rutgers NB, the one I went to, is one of only 9 colonial colleges in America. Colonial colleges are schools that existed before 1776.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonial_ … l_colleges
The other colonial colleges with the exception of one other besides Rutgers makes up the Ivy League.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

lmao jay. scrabble more.
You grew up white trash. Like your entire life story is how you pulled yourself up from a white trash upbringing to getting an overpriced house in some declining suburb. Way to go. Who even does that? Who makes an identity narrative for themselves?
I grew up middle class. Sure, there were a few lean years after my parents split, but I never went hungry or had the power shut off. I definitely grew up in a nicer place than Bayonne.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3451
if you grew up middle-class, why did you have to go into the military and use the GI bill to find a career and get an education?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

I grew up middle class. Sure, there were a few lean years after my parents split, but I never went hungry or had the power shut off. I definitely grew up in a nicer place than Bayonne.
Keeping the lights on and not going hungry are low bars to clear and don't make you middle class. Middle class families don't have custodians as the main bread winners. Middle class families don't send their kids to private schools on pity scholarships.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

if you grew up middle-class, why did you have to go into the military and use the GI bill to find a career and get an education?
I didn't have to, I chose to. I was already in college for a year before I joined, studying computer science.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Keeping the lights on and not going hungry are low bars to clear and don't make you middle class. Middle class families don't have custodians as the main bread winners. Middle class families don't send their kids to private schools on pity scholarships.
Oh man. That really hurts. You got me.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3451
so you chose to take a federal handout, not even out of necessity, i.e. what the program is designed for, but merely to take advantage of a good deal.

and now you insult people who are in support of federal support of any kind?

how perfectly petit-bourgeois.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

I didn't have to, I chose to. I was already in college for a year before I joined, studying computer science.
You dropped out when you got "pneumonia", didn't you?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

so you chose to take a federal handout, not even out of necessity, i.e. what the program is designed for, but merely to take advantage of a good deal.

What federal handout? The GI Bill? You mean I used the employment bonus that was offered to me in order to recruit me? I mean how dare I. How dare I trade 4 1/2 years of my 20s making way less than minimum wage for free tuition at a state university. There's a lot of things to criticize me for but you guys always focus on the most easily defensible stuff. OMFG, GUYS, HE USED HIS GI BILL TO GO TO COLLEGE AFTER VOLUNTEERING FOR MILITARY SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So dumb.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

I did! Halfway through spring semester!
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

Why didn't you just power through it and finish? It's basically just the flu.
uziq
+492|3451

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

What federal handout? The GI Bill? You mean I used the employment bonus that was offered to me in order to recruit me? I mean how dare I. How dare I trade 4 1/2 years of my 20s making way less than minimum wage for free tuition at a state university. There's a lot of things to criticize me for but you guys always focus on the most easily defensible stuff. OMFG, GUYS, HE USED HIS GI BILL TO GO TO COLLEGE AFTER VOLUNTEERING FOR MILITARY SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So dumb.
you do realize every regular middle-class person normally 'trades' their college education for 20-25 years' worth of debt, right? why are you complaining about a few years of looking after a server farm in iraq?

the fact is that middle-class college students are far more financially responsible than you. they want an education, they finance it. you relied on the state to subsidize yours. and then you, alone of all college graduates here, i might add, are against federal assistance.

you are quite a self-deluded person.

jay, encouraging 20-somethings to stop being pussies and contract covid-19, dropped out of college because of pneumonia. you cannot make this shit up.

Last edited by uziq (2020-07-02 07:20:21)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

My ears clogged for about three weeks and it was like being underwater at all times. I couldn't go to class because I couldn't hear and had vertigo.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3451
who drops out after missing 3 weeks of class?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

My ears clogged for about three weeks and it was like being underwater at all times. I couldn't go to class because I couldn't hear and had vertigo.
https://media0.giphy.com/media/y8nAwsdR5zTKE/200.gif
You could have gotten in touch with the dean of students and explained your situation and gotten a doctor's note.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard