Larssen
+99|1885
Trump already pardoned a war criminal SEAL who stabbed someone to death while the person in question was being attended to by medics. Why not these guys, small fry in comparison.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-06-26 04:01:55)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Maybe in the latter days of his presidency, he'll write a number of nonsensical pardons out of sheer spite.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
So thatd make him Kentuckian which makes him a quitter.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
General Sherman came from Ohio. That man was a legend. His statues must be preserved. I did feel a little upset that in the southwest they are taking down the statues of Conquistadors. But was I upset about enough to do anything? No. I got better things to do.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Larssen
+99|1885
Seems to be a recent statue but kinda strange to tear that down. In that case we might as well start wrecking roman monuments...
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America

SuperJail Warden wrote:

General Sherman came from Ohio. That man was a legend. His statues must be preserved. I did feel a little upset that in the southwest they are taking down the statues of Conquistadors. But was I upset about enough to do anything? No. I got better things to do.
Fuckin' Confederate apologists probably do wanna take statues of Uncle Billy down, too.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
So this is the NASCAR noose. It turns out the thing was always there and it was a coincidence that a mulatto was getting that garage. I have seen the headline in right wing websites mockingly saying "Bubba still says it was a noose". I haven't read any of those links but I assume it has to do with the garage pully in fact being a noose.
https://i.cbc.ca/1.5627141.1593110210!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/nascar-releases-photo-06-25-21.jpg
I used to work on cars. I have never seen a noose knot used for anything. It was inappropriate for the thing to exist in the first place.
uziq
+492|3450
forgive my ignorance but what would you use a noose for in a garage? i thought it was like a loop on the wall for securing things. or like a pulley for the garage door. that’s an actual noose. what?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
It is supposed to be a pully for the garage door. You are supposed to pull the door open with your neck I guess.
uziq
+492|3450
https://twitter.com/alissacaliente/stat … 07584?s=21

cool thread.

turns out police kill the mentally ill as well when called out to emergencies.

protect and serve!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Just a bit of locker room talk. The fact that these fine officers were fired is definitely overreaction and overreach. A tragic result of living under the foot of PC culture. /s
Silly Police, if they'd put their murderous intent in a rap song it would have been fine.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3450
christ here we go again with the culture wars stuff.

rap music is responsible for gangs 
marilyn manson is responsible for school shootings.
infantile marvel movies are responsible for dilbert’s worldview.
etc
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So this is the NASCAR noose. It turns out the thing was always there and it was a coincidence that a mulatto was getting that garage. I have seen the headline in right wing websites mockingly saying "Bubba still says it was a noose". I haven't read any of those links but I assume it has to do with the garage pully in fact being a noose.

I used to work on cars. I have never seen a noose knot used for anything. It was inappropriate for the thing to exist in the first place.
It's like the quantum noose at this point. There but not, gone, but back again.

Nascar is making a very public point that they're not going to accept this nonsense anymore, which is nice. Does anyone here care about Nascar, though? As a racing program, I don't think it's very exciting.
uziq
+492|3450
NASCAR taking an interest in racial politics in 2020 is a bit like when a music or fashion trend finally filters down to a high-school in bumfuck, idaho about 5 years after the coasts have discarded with it. it's the equivalent of NASCAR getting into my chemical romance or EDM. i feel embarrassed for all the hicks and cudda-wudda-dudn't mid-westerners who now being very 'Woke'.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Whats wrong with Marvel movies?

The point is blacks can be as racist and threatening as they like, but obviously white people can't.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3450
anyone can be racist, and the law exists for everyone. i cannot say with an honest heart that i’ve ever been abused, disadvantaged or humiliated because of my race. nobody has ever hurled invective at me, threatened me, or belittled me because i’m white. have you suffered this? if so, why didn’t you report it to the police? they are noticeably on your side in these matters.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

The point is blacks can be as racist and threatening as they like, but obviously white people can't.
I see this argument brought up a lot.

It's a weird point of jealousy, being mad that in some circles it's less socially acceptable for you to act like a racist turd than it is for other people.

Is it that much of an imposition to just act civil?
uziq
+492|3450
to people of dilbert’s persuasion, other’s asking for the equal treatment and freedoms that are proclaimed in the democratic brochure, can only pose a threat to his own enjoyment of the same. as if there’s a finite amount of freedom and justice to go around. no, people complaining about their iniquitous lot are surely out to take from dilbert.
Larssen
+99|1885
For some jobs, esp. these kinds, you have to jump over dozens of hurdles and through hundreds of hoops to make it to the finish line. Military academies are the same way, as well as graduate jobs at sought-after employers. Test after test after test.

Yet, funnily enough, the most high profile/influential/'acclaimed' job I've held, the hiring process after the application letter consisted simply of two interviews with 3 people per round, both a little over an hour. That was it. No bullshit IQ testing, no on the spot case studies, no group assignments, no random interview questions, no 6-round process to get to the finish line. Just a sit-down to talk about my competence/experience and fit with the team.

I did have to go through these things a number of times when I was a fresh graduate and absolutely despised it. If an employer ever asks me to take standardised IQ tests and in person case studies again I'm going to walk out.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-06-27 15:40:57)

uziq
+492|3450
i mean, i can't say i'm surprised that a person with a psychiatric history is going to fail a basic police entry exam.

it's funny, though, that the border police used a polygraph. those things are not really scientific at all. i'm not sure they're even admissible as evidence in court. yet they fail you for entrance exams based on it. lmao.
Larssen
+99|1885
The polygraph is apparently quite common for a number of jobs in the US security/defence/intel community. There's no explanation for this shit.
uziq
+492|3450
i hear that wholefoods needs to check your thetan levels on an e-meter.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
I scored a 93 on the written test. I can pass a psychiatric evaluation assuming it consistent of talking to a psychiatrist. I am not raving mad, assholes.
uziq
+492|3450
i'm not saying you are. i mean they just blanket screen for a lot of those things. i don't think i would ever be accepted for a career in the police after my own peccadillo, a decade ago. the military and police here are not big on people with mental health problems or drug use.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard