SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

Jay wrote:

I didn't find out until last year via Facebook. I was so injured by his past behavior that I immediately congratulated him and called him to comment on how happy he looks with his fiance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
The Atlanta Police officer who shot and killed Rayshard Brooks at a Wendy's parking lot last week was charged with felony murder and other charges, Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard announced Wednesday.

The other police officer on scene also faces three charges, including aggravated assault, Howard said.

The decision comes just five days after Brooks was shot twice in the back in Atlanta during an attempted arrest. Officer Garrett Rolfe, who fired the fatal shots, has already been fired, and officer Devin Brosnan, who was also on scene, has been put on administrative duty.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/raysh … index.html
A miscarriage of justice. The taser snatcher left the police with no good options.
uziq
+492|3449
After shooting Brooks, Rolfe said "I got him" and kicked Brooks, and Brosnan then stood on Brooks' shoulder, Howard said. The officers did not provide medical aid to Brooks for over two minutes after shooting him, Howard said.

Their demeanor after the shooting "did not reflect any fear or danger of Mr. Brooks, but reflected other kinds of emotions," Howard said.

One of Rolfe's gunshots also hit an occupied vehicle nearby in the Wendy's lot, endangering the passengers inside.
enjoy prison. maybe the police officers can get a degree and stop being useless pieces of shit.

where's that resident jarhead to turn up and tell us that, ackshually, kicking people who are bleeding to death is part of the policing code, section 4.17 ...

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-17 13:26:34)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Not giving aid to the guy they shot is bad. For that they should lose their jobs then. Funny that you mention soldiers. In war you are supposed to render aid to wounded enemies if you can take prisoners.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

uziq wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

re: public service

It's such a weird place to dig in at:

"Let me know what public service you've done so that we can be on equal footing. Let me know how many years you gave up of your youth."

Zero veterans I know talked like that until Jay. Tons of civvies have that kind of awkward bootlicking approach to the military, though.

Our youth need to...sacrifice their youth in the military so they can have..."public service" credentials...to be credible/"on equal footing" in a political argument? What kind of proto, dystopian Starship Troopers crap is that.

mentalcalculus.gif
how many innocent people were killed or displaced by the iraq/afghan wars? for what purpose, again, exactly? it sure as hell had nothing to do with defense of america or the american people. saddam hussein and the taliban didn't do 9/11. that was america's own allies, the saudis and the CIA-funded bin ladens.

very strange form of 'public service'. causing global humanitarian catastrophes and leaving a country in a state of twisted rebar and IED craters.

i'm fine over here helping to disseminate learning and research for the betterment of the humanities, science, and medicine, thank you very much. not a single crying orphan or maimed child involved.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Not forgetting the depleted uranium, a gift which keeps on giving.
One mention completely overlooked in Jay's reply.

Me: "Leukemias, cancers, and birth defects."
Jay: What public service have you done, so we can be on equal footing?
Jay: No one forced me to join.

He's right in one respect, though. Volunteering at a school probably doesn't put you on "equal footing" with an occupying force that dumps radioactive waste on a village.

I don't even like mentioning my time spent doing that. Feels like I'm fishing for praise. Gross.
uziq
+492|3449

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Not giving aid to the guy they shot is bad. For that they should lose their jobs then. Funny that you mention soldiers. In war you are supposed to render aid to wounded enemies if you can take prisoners.
exactly. these guys spent 2 minutes after shooting a guy in the back trying to figure out what to do to cover their asses. they didn't administer emergency first-aid. they were panicking and trying to figure out how to keep their asses intact.

the guy died. they fucked up. kicking a wounded person and putting your foot on him, like a slain bison or some shit, is not a good look. saying 'i got him'? you're a police officer, not playing a fucking FPS game with an objective to score over the enemy.

these guys did this and behaved this way knowing that the entire country is a fucking dry powder-keg over blue-on-black violence. lmao. that still didn't modulate their behaviour or make them act in the appropriate way. no medical aid for 2 minutes whilst a guy bleeds out, clearly not posing a threat or going anywhere. smh.

goodbye fuckwads.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-17 13:56:06)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

uziq wrote:

where's that resident jarhead to turn up and tell us that, ackshually, kicking people who are bleeding to death is part of the policing code, section 4.17 ...
As a rule, I'd take anything Hollis says about police rules with a grain of salt. Apparently Brailsford was "within his rights" to customize his service rifle with crass language. Despite it being against department policy. Not to sideline all the vicious killings and maimings elsewhere.

I guess department policy is more like guidelines than rules. American police must be run by pirates. Of the Caribbean.

I'm still not sure about its admissible status legally in terms of a cop being on trial, though I read about a lot of other cases where a judge goes harsh or lenient based on seemingly anything from a person's history to whether or not they like the cut of their jib.
uziq
+492|3449
they are always going to look out for their own. that's part of the problem. it's no different from any other labour union that gets too big and too powerful.

the police should not be a separate caste who view the public as 'enemies' or 'threats' or even potential 'this person is out to make me lose my job'. that's a bad situation.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Zeroing in on someone filming a scene from like a block and a half away and waddling up to initiate conflict. GG cops.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Revealed: officer who killed Rayshard Brooks accused of covering up 2015 shooting
“None of the police put in the report that they shot the man – none of them. And they sent him to Grady [Memorial Hospital] with collapsed lungs and everything, and the report doesn’t mention it,” Downs said.
Rolfe was the subject of four citizen’s complaints during his six years on the force, none of which were sustained by police. The department disciplined him for three other incidents, including once for “use of force” involving a firearm, a year after the Harris shooting.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 … rett-rolfe
This reminds me of the Floyd killing. That officer had a body count under him too.

It is going to be exhausting explaining to people that this guy seemingly doesn't deserve the full-throated defense people will give him. Even if he doesn't deserve jail for this...why bother keeping him around anyway?
uziq
+492|3449
weren't you just defending him 4 posts ago?

In August 2015, Rolfe and two other officers opened fire on Jackie Jermaine Harris, who they chased after he was caught driving a stolen truck, the Guardian can reveal after reviewing court documents on the incident.

Harris rammed a police vehicle and officers shot at him several times inside the truck, striking Harris once and collapsing his lung. Harris survived and later pleaded guilty to charges including theft, property damage, fleeing arrest and damaging a police vehicle.

Judge Doris L Downs, during a 2016 court hearing, called the case a “disaster” and said “it’s the wildest case I’ve seen in my 34 years here.”
oh look, he's guilty of doing the exact same shit i accused him of all along. turns out the 'got him!' mentality is not good for policing.

chasing people at all costs, shooting them .. is this guy a policeman or a sheriff in a western?

Rolfe was apparently not disciplined, according to a personnel file released by Atlanta police on Tuesday, which listed the 2015 incident only as a “firearm discharge” but did not say how the department addressed the incident. Rolfe could not be reached for comment.

Harris’s attorney Serena Nunn said police admitted in their report that Harris had been injured during the incident – but not that police shot him.

She said: “Being shot in the back and ultimately having your lung collapse is something more than an injury that was caused during the incident.”

“We do expect officers to uphold the law. I cannot think of a plausible reason as to why they would have omitted that information [about the shooting],” Nunn told the judge.
enjoy prison.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-17 15:32:24)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

uziq wrote:

weren't you just defending him 4 posts ago?
I changed my mind as new evidence came out. I deserve applause for evolving. +1 me now.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

I'll give you a +1 if you rescind your police application. Pig men
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Having police who occasionally think that excessive force is bad is still a step up.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

Deciding between two piles of shit still means you're picking up shit.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Isn't that what we've been doing at so many elections?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
So is Oxferd going to stop taking Rhodes money?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3449
i don’t think they need it tbh. their and cambridge’s endowments dwarf everyone else’s.

plus now they’re taking mega-million donations from the new international wealth, russians and so on, building research centres and establishing funds.

to be honest, show me any university established pre-1900 that ISN’T in some way implicated in imperialism, colonialism, royal power, arrogant barons and lords trying to absolve their souls by housing monks and scholars etc etc.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Whats Imperial going to change its name to?
I bet it happens.

Kings? We can't have that.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Larssen
+99|1885

uziq wrote:

i don’t think they need it tbh. their and cambridge’s endowments dwarf everyone else’s.

plus now they’re taking mega-million donations from the new international wealth, russians and so on, building research centres and establishing funds.

to be honest, show me any university established pre-1900 that ISN’T in some way implicated in imperialism, colonialism, royal power, arrogant barons and lords trying to absolve their souls by housing monks and scholars etc etc.
Makes me wonder how it's possible pressure on faculty staff is increasing everywhere regardless. These places are billion+ $$ enterprises at this point. Hire more teachers
uziq
+492|3449

Dilbert_X wrote:

Whats Imperial going to change its name to?
I bet it happens.

Kings? We can't have that.
every college of the university of london (including former imperial) has some sort of unsavoury connection, except perhaps goldsmiths and st. george. royal holloway was established in the name of an imperial queen by a 19th century snake-oil salesman trying to do good deeds (thomas holloway, seller of morphine cures). king's college and university college were thoroughly imperial enterprises -- to say nothing of all that whiffy utilitarianism around bentham/mill. queen mary? lol.

meanwhile oxford has no qualms about taking mega-million donations from ukrainian crooks like blavatnik or the sackler family.

i look forward to trinity college, cambridge, one of the main centres of academic excellence anywhere in the world, dissolving because it was set-up by a 'wife abuser', henry VIII.

@larssen: yes, higher education is a financial racket between investors and vice-chancellors. the administration is overweening. the academics get scraps from the table.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-18 02:55:34)

uziq
+492|3449
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ … ce-officer

man rescued by black lives matter protestor is ex-police officer.

LMAO.

this is just like macbeth's two cops above having a 'history' as well. christ they really don't help themselves do they?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Supreme Court ruled that the president cannot end the DACA program that allows illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children to stay and work. I know one Filipina who is covered under the program. She is studying to become a school guidance counselor.

So in the last week the SCOTUS ruled in favor of expanding protections for LGBT people and protected a group of illegal immigrants through the election. Interesting moves from a conservative SCOTUS. Most notably the Chief Justice John Roberts a Republican appointment sided with the liberals each time.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
They took our jobs
https://i.imgur.com/cdDpzMX.png
uziq
+492|3449
let's play a little game. 'how many comments until the deep state gets mentioned' ...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard