Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252
i know you were. i'm saying, i bet a certain portion of american society are mock-outraged and indignant.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

the gays are happy.

edit; of course they are, they're gay all the time.

Last edited by 13urnzz (2013-02-07 10:32:06)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i know you were. i'm saying, i bet a certain portion of american society are mock-outraged and indignant.
There's no mock-outrage about how outraged our religious right gets about things like gay marriage.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

Newbie, did you edit my post!?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

13urnzz wrote:

Newbie, did you edit my post!?
Edit by 13urnzz on February 7, 2013, 10:32 am. Post was:
the gays are happy.
Orginial Post Raw:
the gays are happy.

Go home burnz. You're drunk.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

i'm at work, i did that in paint.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

13urnzz wrote:

i'm at work, i did that in paint.
wrong thread
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

oh, no - i meant i'm not drunk, they are painting the hallway. i'm just enjoying the fumes . .  .
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Sure, but who cares?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
I think the whole gay rights issue has been seriously overblown.  It's something we should have been done with decades ago.  Okay, now let's stop civilization itself from crumbling to the ground.  mkay
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

I don't like that way of thinking. The "the economy is more important than gay rights" line is infuriating. If you think making sure a suburban family can afford a second vacation and an iPad for the toddler is more important than equal rights than you need to rethink your life values. If everyone isn't equal than none of this is worth it.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
everyone isnt equal
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

We are all equally worthless
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

I don't like that way of thinking. The "the economy is more important than gay rights" line is infuriating. If you think making sure a suburban family can afford a second vacation and an iPad for the toddler is more important than equal rights than you need to rethink your life values. If everyone isn't equal than none of this is worth it.
How about finding work for the 12.3 million people currently without jobs?

or this:

https://www.lawrencetam.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Food-Stamps.png

A few thousand people earning the right to marry kind of pales in comparison.

I know you've never been poor, and that being out of work to you means not being able to take a second vacation, or providing an iPad for a toddler, but that's not reality. A strong economy is fundamentally the most important thing this country could possess. Everything else is just frosting on the cake.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5541|Toronto

Macbeth wrote:

To dispose of what 'equality' is entirely, I never understood the argument at its root. Families will collapse? Morals will be compromised? Jobs will be lost? They already have families. They already have morals. They already have jobs. You recognizing them doesn't open to flood gates for more people to become gay. It just makes the people who would have been gay anyways more comfortable and less likely to suffer breakdowns because you won't let them participate in society despite their efforts. The benefits in mental health alone could boost the economy. Allowing them adopt could boost the economy by improving the lives of yet another citizen. The tax arguments are all negated by the potential for these substantive improvement in quality of life.

Last edited by Pochsy (2013-02-07 21:02:30)

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Of course the blonde hair blue eye straight welfare sponge will be the one to make an impassioned argument as to why a group of minority's rights isn't as important as money.

I will start holding memorial services for the U.S. economy once people start starving to death on the street. Until then I think making sure we live up to the 'land of the free' thing we go on about is more important than anything.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Of course the blonde hair blue eye straight welfare sponge will be the one to make an impassioned argument as to why a group of minority's rights isn't as important as money.

I will start holding memorial services for the U.S. economy once people start starving to death on the street. Until then I think making sure we live up to the 'land of the free' thing we go on about is more important than anything.
We're well on our way. Country will be bankrupt in our lifetime and all those cute little social programs you love will die.

I know you hate math, and I know you don't understand economics, but trust me when I say that the economic engine that drives this country is a million times more important than all the petty little shit you concern yourself with on a daily basis. Economics touches everyone. Your little piddling issues touch but a few.
-Frederick Bastiat
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

or this:

I know you've never been poor, and that being out of work to you means not being able to take a second vacation, or providing an iPad for a toddler, but that's not reality. A strong economy is fundamentally the most important thing this country could possess. Everything else is just frosting on the cake.
I've never been poor, but I still agree with your statement!

Where is your god now?  (credit goes to burnz for reference purposes)

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-02-07 21:09:13)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
And I'm not taking away from the fact that gays should have equal rights. They should. I just wouldn't ever vote for someone that prioritized something like that over things that impact everyone.

Last edited by Jay (2013-02-07 21:12:01)

-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

We're well on our way. Country will be bankrupt in our lifetime and all those cute little social programs you love will die.

I know you hate math, and I know you don't understand economics, but trust me when I say that the economic engine that drives this country is a million times more important than all the petty little shit you concern yourself with on a daily basis. Economics touches everyone. Your little piddling issues touch but a few.
You seem to think you are the only one who has read economics books or taken classes. This argument from authority is bizarre. I am not advocating for social spending. Thank you for telling me my views though.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4522|at your six

13urnzz wrote:

i don't know jack shit about EU politico-economic issues. why create this thread? because i haven't created a dast thread in awhile.
And...that is the quality shit that draws people in folks. It's like, " I haven't shit for a week but I know I should, so..."
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

You seem to think you are the only one who has read economics books or taken classes. This argument from authority is bizarre. I am not advocating for social spending. Thank you for telling me my views though.
Considering how much of a brainwashing you've received on every other progressive viewpoint, forgive me if I assumed you were a fan of welfare.

Here's why economics is so important: it's not about having two jet skis in the driveway, or iPad's for the kids, or a vacation home in Vail, it's about empowering people to be able to live a life without too much struggle. It's what separates us from third world countries. People generally want stability, they want to know that they'll have a paycheck next week so they can plan some sort of a future. Whether it's sending the kids to college, or buying a home, or being in a position where they aren't living paycheck to paycheck and deciding which bills they have to let slip this month so they can pay the rent and heating bill. It means not being dependent on the government to get by.

Having money isn't necessarily about buying things. Having money is about stability and freedom. It means you can lose your job tomorrow and not worry that you'll end up in a homeless shelter. It means that you don't have to struggle, or argue with your wife about money and put stress on your kids. People can't get there if the government is constantly fucking up the economy by creating instability (a la Obamacare). It's why I don't vote for Democrats even though I agree with them on a lot of social issues. They don't give a fuck about economics because they don't understand it.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

They don't give a fuck about economics because they don't understand it.
R U OK?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252

RTHKI wrote:

everyone isnt equal
people aren't born equal, but that is no reason to defend societal and systemic inequalities. you should go read some rawls, so you come across as someone who has at least an iota of singular intelligence bouncing somewhere inside that big fucking mid-western skull of yours.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

or this:

no one is saying that gay marriage is more important or takes precedence over the economy, you fucking dimwit. the much-derided fallacy of those "we should focus on the economy!" arguments is that it presumes the executive, legislature or demos in general can only cope with ONE issue at a time. like all of our attention must be focussed altogether now on one problem, until that is fixed and totally sorted, and then we can move serially onto the next. what sort of fucking reasoning is that? there is absolutely no excuse for delaying a civil rights / social issue - even if it is deemed secondary in importance - because there are 'bigger problems'. that's a very fox news media-based conception of society working. do you presume the people running the state are fucking goldfishes, or something? YOU CAN PURSUE SOLUTIONS TO MORE THAN ONE PROBLEM AT ONCE! it's amazing, i know.

here's a strange thought, i know: on days when all the news channels are covering gay marriage, that doesn't mean the people assigned to the task of fixing the economy have taken the day off to snort blow, listen to disco, and anally fist one another. they're still there. shit is still getting done. we don't exist in a world that is ontologically constructed by bill o'reilly's autocue.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-02-08 08:37:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard