Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

DrunkFace wrote:

Spark wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The EU should never have been anything other than a trading block.
I can't see it going back though, too many people are having rich and super-comfy lives thanks to the Brussels gravy train.
Surely you know that the EU was never originally envisaged as merely as some kind of free trade zone. The political integration thing was the intention, not a byproduct.
The EEC was though
ECSC was a move for France to keep ze germans in check making sure they aren't building a ton of tanks, and for west germany to have a sense of sovereignty, way more than it was to create a "steel and coal community."

intention of a unified europe was already underway, it's just the question of who's going to lead it.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Jay wrote:

FEOS wrote:

UKIP = UK version of Tea Party?
No. UKIP is based on British nationalism (white supremacy really), and economic self sufficiency.

Tea Party believes in small government, but they still believe in free trade, and outside of MSNBC trying to paint them as racists, the platform has nothing to do with white supremacy or nationalism. Completely different.
ukip are white supremacists? really? i know about 3 close friends from university who are british-asian UKIP supporters.

could this possibly be a case of jay talking shite again?!??
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

FEOS wrote:

UKIP = UK version of Tea Party?
No. UKIP is based on British nationalism (white supremacy really), and economic self sufficiency.

Tea Party believes in small government, but they still believe in free trade, and outside of MSNBC trying to paint them as racists, the platform has nothing to do with white supremacy or nationalism. Completely different.
ukip are white supremacists? really? i know about 3 close friends from university who are british-asian UKIP supporters.

I think he's mistaken UKIP for the BNP
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

I think he's mistaken UKIP for the BNP
Yes, you're right, I did.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
so you try to over-ride my (native and entirely sufficient) response to FEOS's question with your own "no. [i know better]" response... which then transpires to be you talking about something you know nothing about. ah. okay then. just checking.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-02-04 09:55:20)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

so you try to over-ride my (native and entirely sufficient) response to FEOS's question with your own "no. [i know better]" response... which then transpires to be you talking about something you know nothing about. ah. okay then. just checking.
Nah, wasn't overriding, just expanding on my previous post.

I was thinking of the wrong party, sue me
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
i won't sue you, but i'll ask you to abide by the most basic of d&st standards and have a fucking clue about the topic, before you sound off for the sake of your own voice.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i won't sue you, but i'll ask you to abide by the most basic of d&st standards and have a fucking clue about the topic, before you sound off for the sake of your own voice.
Was my description of the BNP incorrect? I got my acronyms confused, that's all.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
the BNP is even more fringe and even more ridiculed than the tea party. to discuss the BNP in the context of 'eu politico-economic issues' is, frankly, laughable. the BNP is more akin to a large redneck militia organization than a serious political movement. and yes, getting your acronyms confused... well? it's an error, no? you brought a minor lunatic party into a discussion where nobody was even referencing them. if i confused the republicans and the green party in an american politics thread, you'd find it pretty confusing, no? a cursory google search would have confirmed that you were posting in error before even submitting. instead you liked interjecting with a "No, here's what this party is, here's my knowledge, fnarf" post, before even verifying a single thing you said. top-rate debating skills, chap.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

lol

thread is successful
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

13urnzz wrote:

lol

thread is successful
Some good lack of knowledge on display!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
it's ironic cause jay often gets all patriotically exasperated and, like, really fed up guise (!!!) when europeans talk about american politics with their unwieldly and ill-informed comment & critique. then he wades into an EU politics discussion, with a self-assured and confident tone, with some factoid he gleaned from the back-pages of 'the economist' 6 months ago... and looks like an idiot, committing the exact same faux pas that all the euros allegedly do in US-centric discussions.

gold stars all round, really.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

it's ironic cause jay often gets all patriotically exasperated and, like, really fed up guise (!!!) when europeans talk about american politics with their unwieldly and ill-informed comment & critique. then he wades into an EU politics discussion, with a self-assured and confident tone, with some factoid he gleaned from the back-pages of 'the economist' 6 months ago... and looks like an idiot, committing the exact same faux pas that all the euros allegedly do in US-centric discussions.

gold stars all round, really.
QFT
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
i'm sure he can frame some illuminating insight on GWF Hegel with all this eu politico-economic talk, too. quick! the opportunity is ripe!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Dude, you can't even accept an 'I was wrong' without going on a rant about it. Tedious does not even begin to describe your personality.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
'wrong' describes yours aptly enough, though. small mercies.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

DrunkFace wrote:

Spark wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The EU should never have been anything other than a trading block.
I can't see it going back though, too many people are having rich and super-comfy lives thanks to the Brussels gravy train.
Surely you know that the EU was never originally envisaged as merely as some kind of free trade zone. The political integration thing was the intention, not a byproduct.
The EEC was though
It should be a trading zone, nothing more, there's no need for political union except in the heads if the Germans, the always eager to placate French, and a ragbag of power-hungry non-entities who see a future for themselves doing a non-job on a cushy salary in Brussels.
By this I mean Blair, Brown, Mandelson and now Alex Salmond.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
^ In case of confusion thats Salmond the person, not the fish.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Congrats to the UK for allowing gay marriage!
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

where's Dauntless been?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

13urnzz wrote:

where's Dauntless been?
WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

i'm implying that Dauntless hasn't been around in awhile, and could contribute to this thread, as an English business man
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

13urnzz wrote:

i'm implying that Dauntless hasn't been around in awhile, and could contribute to this thread, as an English business man
And a gigantic...

Britney Spears fan.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Jay wrote:

damn progressives, eh. society going to hell. i bet right-wing american pundits are having a field day.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

damn progressives, eh. society going to hell. i bet right-wing american pundits are having a field day.
I was sincere. I think it's awesome
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard