Roc18
`
+655|5799|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
[youtube]Nhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6LS5W5tA0M[/youtube]
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6751|London

that guy was annoying

do people have the day off today in america?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6745|Oxferd Ohire
some do
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6751|London

which ones
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6717|England. Stoke

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol what was that quoted from?
From a deleted post just before the one about "having a brain fart", I guess it was a response to Roc's question about marrying your last sexually partner. Luckily I caught it on Live.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5366|London, England

Dauntless wrote:

that guy was annoying

Students and people who work in finance. Most people had a half day, like me!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`
I work in accounting and I'm at work all day right now
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6745|Oxferd Ohire

Jay wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

that guy was annoying

Students and people who work in finance. Most people had a half day, like me!
only students who go to a Christian school around here
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4263

coke wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol what was that quoted from?
From a deleted post just before the one about "having a brain fart", I guess it was a response to Roc's question about marrying your last sexually partner. Luckily I caught it on Live.
hahaha.

i'd marry my last lay
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Roc18 wrote:

Accounting != finance.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`

Jay wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Accounting != finance.
2 sides of the same coin.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Roc18 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Accounting != finance.
So you work for a bank on Wall Street?
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

You have to work on wall street to have a finance job?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

You have to work on wall street to have a finance job?
That's generally what people mean when they refer to the financial industry, yes. Tied to the market. Days off when the market is closed etc.
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`

Jay wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Accounting != finance.
So you work for a bank on Wall Street?
My point is they're related so I'd think I would have a half day or something. A couple of people left early though.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

You can work at a local bank handling loans and be in the financial industry. You can be work at a car dealership handling loans and be in finance. You are working on a very narrow definition. The overwhelming majority of people with finance degrees don't work on wall street or are directly connected to it.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4263
yeah but you're clearly trying to talk up the accounting profession when you refer to 'finance'. they are different career ladders. accountants are bean counters. auditors, at best. 'finance' implies a different skillset... and definitely a different pay-bracket.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

You can work at a local bank handling loans and be in the financial industry. You can be work at a car dealership handling loans and be in finance. You are working on a very narrow definition. The overwhelming majority of people with finance degrees don't work on wall street or are directly connected to it.
Will the local banker or the car dealer utter the words 'I work in finance' when questioned about their job? Probably not.
-Frederick Bastiat
Roc18
`

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

yeah but you're clearly trying to talk up the accounting profession when you refer to 'finance'. they are different career ladders. accountants are bean counters. auditors, at best. 'finance' implies a different skillset... and definitely a different pay-bracket.
lol bean counters
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

A loan officer isn't a accountant. They are responsible for determining loan rates, eligibility, negotiating terms, etc. That is all taught when doing finance degrees.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Will the local banker or the car dealer utter the words 'I work in finance' when questioned about their job? Probably not.
Yeah they would. I know a bunch.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Yeah they would. I know a bunch.
New Jersey
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

You live in a bubble in NYC.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4263

Roc18 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol bean counters
when i worked at apple that's what the in-house first line accountants were called.

they were also both gay, so i'm sure you'll appreciate that little factoid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard