13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Roc18 wrote:

Why do the mods let burnz go on drunken online rants every weekend?
because the admins never log in.

why hasn't your pedotrician treated your rectal cranium inversion?

because you can't afford a doctor until obamacare kicks in.
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
looks like C-dogs is a 3 star general in bf2 now

http://bf2s.com/player/46136741/
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Holy shit, people still play that in 2013? His KDR is horrid, though, especially for someone who's played so much.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

DesertFox- wrote:

Holy shit, people still play that in 2013? His KDR is horrid, though, especially for someone who's played so much.
he's only played 1.8k hours. that's really not very much, considering the game's age. i'm pretty sure a decent number of people on this forum had comparable time clocked up... 5 years ago.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6475|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Yay. 3 pregnant women in the livingroom when I come home talking babies. I think I'm not coming out from the office room before there's only one left in there. And I hope the one left is not the one working for the cops...
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

Roc18 wrote:

looks like C-dogs is a 3 star general in bf2 now

http://bf2s.com/player/46136741/
\_/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England
Boo! They're shutting down Google Reader
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black
212k for max rank

I hit that in a round of bf3

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

he's only played 1.8k hours. that's really not very much, considering the game's age. i'm pretty sure a decent number of people on this forum had comparable time clocked up... 5 years ago.
I'll agree that 1800 hours isn't a lot of time in comparison to the thousands of hours that have passed since it came out, but it's still a big-ass chunk of time. I think I only have one or two games I've played that much.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
think i played warcraft for like 3,000 hours. fuck me.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I had, I think, 185 days played when I quit
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
Question-- how old is too old to still be in to video games?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
There's something sad about video game addicts past their mid-twenties to me, but to each their own. There's no real answer to that.

Last edited by Jay (2013-03-18 12:23:44)

-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Spearhead wrote:

Question-- how old is too old to still be in to video games?
how long is a piece of string? why is video-game playing any more useless and socially contemptible than sitting on your arse watching tv? or reading twilight / game of thrones books? they're all forms of childish escapism and passive, candyfloss, intellectually dead entertainment.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6193|Roma
depends how much you play them..
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
To me it seems inversely proportional to your success in your career/social life.  If youve got a nice paying job and a healthy, fulfilling lifestyle, who cares how much you play?  Just like Wall Street people snorting coke or whatever.  It's just a vice.  If youve got a shitty job/no job, no social life, and are going nowhere fast, it seems to me like youre too old to be playing video games.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-03-18 12:35:52)

PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6193|Roma
but if you are playing them so much your social life suffers when you have better things you could be doing, you need ot tone it down to do adult things
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Age or success has nothing to do with video game interest.   I play with my boys on pc and consoles.   My boys play with my dad.   My wife goes toe to toe on apps games with my boys.   I know grandma's who are Farmville addicts.   Etc.  It's not just a kids past time anymore when you've got rappers and professional athletes having insane gaming rooms and rides.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Spearhead wrote:

To me it seems inversely proportional to your success in your career/social life.  If youve got a nice paying job and a healthy, fulfilling lifestyle, who cares how much you play?  Just like Wall Street people snorting coke or whatever.  It's just a vice.  If youve got a shitty job/no job, no social life, and are going nowhere fast, it seems to me like youre too old to be playing video games.
if you have a shitty job/no job, no social life, and are going nowhere... i would put it to you that all forms of passive entertainment are unsuitable until you sort yourself out. again: why video-games? sitting on your ass watching daytime tv all day is just as mind-rotting.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5545|Toronto
Macbeth, I've come to keep you updated.

Accepted my top choice with decent funding and a guaranteed paid internship for the summer between the 2 years. Bonus points: 2 friends are also looking to find housing downtown in Sept.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

if you have a shitty job/no job, no social life, and are going nowhere... i would put it to you that all forms of passive entertainment are unsuitable until you sort yourself out. again: why video-games? sitting on your ass watching daytime tv all day is just as mind-rotting.
Personally, I hardly play video games at all anymore.  Compared to the amount I used to, at least.  I might still throw in a couple days of 6 or 8 hour gaming sessions a month, but my weekly average is probably only like 5-10 hours. 

Dunno.  just something I needed to ask other gamers about I guess
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
I knew iOS was a shit idea
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
next life goal, make it here:

https://www.residentadvisor.net/images/events/flyer/2010/jp-0918-171415-back.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5180|Sydney
Guy Who Likes Erotic Brony Art Pisses off Guy Who's Marrying a Pony Toy

I think this a "whoever wins, we lose" kind of deal. Except from any kind of fan-fiction standpoint, it's total win.

Okay so: a guy on Deviantart likes erotic drawings of My Little Pony characters. Strange, but not unheard of.

But then he gets the equivalent of a cease and desist letter when another guy who claims he's going to marry Twilight Sparkle - for real, because he's found a chapel that will marry fictional characters and real people - gets upset that when he goes to fan forums, he sees depictions of his "fiancee" in sexual positions with the Deviant artist. He doesn't mind people fantasizing about his bride-to-be, but insists she wouldn't be a submissive. He's particularly upset that anyone would draw Twilight having her face ejaculated on (so are the rest of us, but for very different reasons, I imagine).

Look, I can't do the letter justice. Either read the whole thing, or check out MTV Geek's version of a Fan Fiction Friday feature on it.

To think that in my adolescence I thought there was something seriously wrong with me when I had an erotic dream about Zarana. I feel downright square nowadays.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard