pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
Price: Hopefully between $150-$200 USD
Size: 22"-24"
Desired: Quick response time and decent viewing angle (something the 226BW lacked imo)
Accessories: None. I do NOT need speakers or USB ports or anything like that. I'll be connecting via 1 DVI port so even HDMI or Display Port is unnecessary.

My monitor is failing (original 22" Samsung 226BW), and I just got my tax return so why not?

I can look at all the reviews I want on Newegg but first hand experience from you guys is probably best.

I was looking at this one but I'm likely paying a few extra ducats for speakers I'll never use...

This one seems okay but the 7ms response time and 1000:1 seem slow and small with todays standards

Anybody have experience with this bad boy or similar? It's the one I'm leaning to atm but I've never purchased Acer before.

Plox and ty
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
Honestly that first one you found looks like money.  The gimmicky speakers had me worried about the quality of everything else at first but the specs and reviews are pretty solid and it fits easily within your budget even after shipping.  I say go for that one, I probably would get it myself if I had the funds so I think I might just bookmark it for later
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
The human eye cannot perceive movement faster than 10ms. The difference between 7ms and 2ms is likely to be marketing wank.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
I've heard that at higher response times, there's more ghosting and 5ms monitors are readily available enough that there's no real reason to settle for one with 7 or more milliseconds
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
I have a similar Asus, I'd recommend it.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada
Had one way back. Never caused me any problems, but didn't stand out to me either.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
I don't do as much hard core gaming or anything taxing much anymore so I really just need it to be fairly reliable. I suppose most will do that ultimately so something cheap but will last me a few years and a few moves.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

closed at OP request

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard