KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Macbeth wrote:

m3thod wrote:

one time i got mistaken for a mexican.
I get mistaken for an Arab. It has its good points and bad. Good: popular with middle eastern girls, Bad:airport scanners.
How to be assure you are stopped:
pay for ticket in cash
Only buy 1 ticket
Don't check baggage
Only buy a one-way ticket

Any two or more will get you tagged by the airline. You'll notice a code printed on your ticket. This tells TSA to flag you for extra precaution. I get flagged a lot. Of course this doesn't stop random racist TSA guy from pulling you aside, but the majority of flagging is done off data analysis not how you look.

I'm flying to vegas on friday. We'll see if I get flagged. Ill keep you updated.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

Michelle Alexander who wrote the NYT bestseller "The new Jim crow" is giving a presentation at my school today. Her book is an extremely important recent work about the U.S. prison industrial complex. I must go to this.

Dumb, dumb question: is there some sort of dress code for these things? I really want to go to it but I just found out about it like 5 minutes ago. I have never been to one. I don't want to be the only person there in jeans, a tshirt and sweater.
Wear a button down.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
No less than a tuxedo or you'll be thrown out of the university.

...Or just dress neatly. Not necessarily nicely, neatly.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Event starts at 8 and it is 530. I kinda don't have time to drive back and fourth for a change of cloths.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke
Just wear what you're wearing ffs, no one will give a fuck.

Last edited by coke (2013-02-26 14:23:53)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.

coke wrote:

Just wear what you're wearing ffs, no one will give a fuck.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

I don't want to look scruffy when I ask her to sign my book
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke

Macbeth wrote:

Well go and change then, stop being a pussy.

Last edited by coke (2013-02-26 14:26:08)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.

Macbeth wrote:

You'll be fine. She won't remember you and she won't care. She deals with incarcerated people after all
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6709|England. Stoke

pirana6 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

You'll be fine. She won't remember you and she won't care.
She takes the same attitude as me and everybody else then...
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
Apathy for the win!

Or whatever. I don't give a fuck.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Macbeth wrote:

Michelle Alexander who wrote the NYT bestseller "The new Jim crow" is giving a presentation at my school today. Her book is an extremely important recent work about the U.S. prison industrial complex. I must go to this.

Dumb, dumb question: is there some sort of dress code for these things? I really want to go to it but I just found out about it like 5 minutes ago. I have never been to one. I don't want to be the only person there in jeans, a tshirt and sweater.
No dress code unless its an invite only / dinner engagement.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

No dress code unless its an invite only / dinner engagement.
this.

david simon(fuck you gs) was at my school earlier this month. a ticket cost ~$250, with the student discount. no thanks.

chomsky is coming next week but there is not an option to rsvp. i'm going to have to leave class early to make sure i get a good seat, if there are any left.
baggs
+732|6204
the single worst thing to ever happen to this forum is moderator boredom and over policing, its pathetic, ruins all the fun.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

You should file a report. I'm sure one of the mods will get right on it.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
what she said
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Calling baggs a girl is a personal attack. One of the mods could ban you for that.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
I swear a year or two ago, you mods got together in your secret mod thread and decided to stop banning people and mass deleting flame posts (despite what baggs says).
You noticed nobody was coming to this site that was new so to keep it going you couldn't ban anymore. You guys leaned heavily on time limits between posts instead of all out bans.

At least that's my conspiracy theory.

https://i.imgur.com/36V1XRG.jpg

Last edited by pirana6 (2013-02-26 15:56:38)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
Then again maybe you just banned all the people that needed banning and nobody wanted to come back (can't blame them).

#stories
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
Androos was the only one that sucked horribly
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
Apparently he's the only one that is permanently gone for absolute good.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Mad dogs and running men was a mod account used to troll regular members.

Wake up sheeple.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

I still get banned for sometimes weeks
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
Must take a lot. I seriously doubt they want people to leave the site permanently
baggs
+732|6204

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You should file a report. I'm sure one of the mods will get right on it.
If i gave an actual fuck i would, i was merely making an observation, i have better things to be doing anyway. Like, returning some videos.

At least mod status gives you something to do Ken, im sure if you didnt have this impressive internet task at hand you would spend most of the day picking your nose or fingering your bum hole then smelling your finger.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard