13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
We have many threads on Iran, however I felt a new one is needed considering the escalated tensions between the US/Israel. In the past year the US[Obama] has signed many more economic sanctions, this time with the support of Russia, China and other nations. Iran has now become financially secluded from the rest of the world.

The sanctions resemble that of Iraq post-Gulf War. Iran's oil revenue has dropped by 40%, and its overall income by 45%. The cost of living for Iranians has skyrocketed and basic resources such as food, water and medicine. For the past decade or so the United States(with the help of MSM) has been collectively gathering up support from the citizens in order to go to war with Iran. All of this has been under the assumption that Iran is building nuclear weapons; a ludicrous reason to attack Iran, a nation which has not started a war in the past 100 years. On top of that Iranian nuclear scientist are being assassinated.

Is this going to be 2003 all over again?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Nope. Vietnam Syndrome is now Iraq Syndrome. Bar Iran doing something drastic there won't be any armed conflict. America is tired of war in the middle east.
BVC
+325|6666
No.  Both Iran and the US are too smart to let that happen.

Edit: Hmmm...maybe...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digit … Leaks-film

Julian Assange claims the new movie about wikileaks is just anti-Iran propaganda.

Last edited by BVC (2013-01-24 14:19:13)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Well we can't have crazed religious zealots fixated on end-of-times prophesies owning nukes (apart from Israel) now can we?
But this time it will just be a lot of bombing.

All the Iranians I've worked with have been decent and reasonable people, its a shame America is in thrall to the Christian and Jewish fruitloops.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...

13/f/taiwan wrote:

All of this has been under the assumption that Iran is building nuclear weapons; a ludicrous reason to attack Iran, a nation which has not started a war in the past 100 years.[/url]

Is this going to be 2003 all over again?
A century of no conventional aggression on their part does not make Iran an innocent victim. Several countries have very good reasons for taking issue with Iranian policies and activities. Let's not pretend Iran hasn't taken part in the regional power struggle and doesn't have some very questionable ideological views which it acts upon. There are many more ways to exercise state power than sending men in uniform across the border, which is obviously something a state that doesn't have a strong conventional military would want to avoid.

As for the nuclear weapons claim, two words: nuclear proliferation. However, I don't think it will come to war because people will be drawing parallels with Iraq regardless of whether or not convincing evidence is gathered for the case that Iran would be building nuclear weapons. If you think international and domestic support for U.S. policies were already low in 2003-2005, just wait until you decide to attack Iran. The whole operation is doomed to be a trainwreck. Hence, it is to be expected that any measures taken by western nations to sabotage Iranian nuclear research will be unconventional.

Anything else depends on Israel. All of Israel's neighbours already hate them so any military strike on Iran wouldn't change much, really.

Last edited by Shocking (2013-02-03 11:18:33)

inane little opines
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

A former Navy Seal, expert sniper and best-selling author was reportedly gunned down at a Texas shooting range Saturday by a veteran who is recovering from post-traumatic stress syndrome.

Ex-Navy Seal Chris Kyle, 39, and another man were shot point-blank around 3:30 p.m. at a charity event on behalf of Kyle's security firm at the gun range at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort in Erath County.

He recorded more than 150 sniper kills - the most in U.S. military history - between 1999 and 2009.
Live by the sword, die by the sword. Maybe now all the people he killed from a distance will get to look him in the eyes.

I'm not just trolling here. I mean this because:
After leaving the Navy, he started his own military contracting firm, Craft International, which provides military and law enforcement sniper training.

Kyle authored the New York Times best-seller 'American Sniper,' which chronicled his four tours in Iraq. The book hit shelves last month.
So after he gets out of the military he tries to make some money off of his stories of killing people and by training others to kill like he did. He may be a "REAL AMERICAN HERO" like GI Joe but he is also a war profiteer making money off of the misery and death of others. I hated this guy ever since he was on Bill O'Rielly hawking his book. When asked by Bill if he ever thinks of the people he killed he basically said "No, they all deserved it". Well here, you deserved it. The same way weapons manufacturers deserved to get shot by their products, he deserved to get gunned down by a fellow trained murderer.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...
I disliked the man for the same reasons but I don't think he deserved to get killed for it.
inane little opines
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6685|US

Macbeth wrote:

A former Navy Seal, expert sniper and best-selling author was reportedly gunned down at a Texas shooting range Saturday by a veteran who is recovering from post-traumatic stress syndrome.

Ex-Navy Seal Chris Kyle, 39, and another man were shot point-blank around 3:30 p.m. at a charity event on behalf of Kyle's security firm at the gun range at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort in Erath County.

He recorded more than 150 sniper kills - the most in U.S. military history - between 1999 and 2009.
Live by the sword, die by the sword. Maybe now all the people he killed from a distance will get to look him in the eyes.

After leaving the Navy, he started his own military contracting firm, Craft International, which provides military and law enforcement sniper training.

Kyle authored the New York Times best-seller 'American Sniper,' which chronicled his four tours in Iraq. The book hit shelves last month.
So after he gets out of the military he tries to make some money off of his stories of killing people and by training others to kill like he did. He may be a "REAL AMERICAN HERO" like GI Joe but he is also a war profiteer making money off of the misery and death of others. I hated this guy ever since he was on Bill O'Rielly hawking his book. When asked by Bill if he ever thinks of the people he killed he basically said "No, they all deserved it". Well here, you deserved it. The same way weapons manufacturers deserved to get shot by their products, he deserved to get gunned down by a fellow trained murderer.
Let the hatred flow, Mac.  I'll accept that you aren't trolling, but that makes it even sadder.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

RAIMIUS wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Let the hatred flow, Mac.  I'll accept that you aren't trolling, but that makes it even sadder.
whilst i don't agree in any way with the unfortunate circumstances of his death... i do totally agree that a 'star sniper' shouldn't be releasing lucrative book deals, publicizing and cashing-in on the fact that he has killed many people. war is a dirty business, and people who are especially proficient at killing other people shouldn't be lauded, held-up, or put in a spotlight in any way. it's ethically dubious. you are fighting a war: have some respect for those killed. i do think it's shady to 'profit' from the grisly business of killing people in any way, shape, or form.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
It's only ok when it's tweed-elbowed academics writing about body counts and gore amirite?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Jay wrote:

It's only ok when it's tweed-elbowed academics writing about body counts and gore amirite?
Arm chair generals...

Maybe at least wait until some documents are declassified to corroborate the story you've written.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Frank Reynolds
+65|4299

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well we can't have crazed religious zealots fixated on end-of-times prophesies owning nukes (apart from Israel) now can we?
But this time it will just be a lot of bombing.

All the Iranians I've worked with have been decent and reasonable people, its a shame America is in thrall to the Christian and Jewish fruitloops.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/61345/wtf.gif
What are you looking at dicknose
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
^ If Israel can have nukes why not Iran?
Israelis are far crazier.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Has Israel used their nukes, yet? The problem with Iran acquiring nukes is the worry that they'll fire/drop them as soon as they are properly ready.

Hiroshama and Nagisaki bombings don't count as we didn't fully understand its destructiveness at the time, there was a valid reason for using them, and we helped rebuild Japan to somewhat make up for it. Would Iran have either of those 3 things for deciding to using them?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

War Man wrote:

Has Israel used their nukes, yet? The problem with Iran acquiring nukes is the worry that they'll fire/drop them as soon as they are properly ready.

Hiroshama and Nagisaki bombings don't count as we didn't fully understand its destructiveness at the time, there was a valid reason for using them, and we helped rebuild Japan to somewhat make up for it. Would Iran have either of those 3 things for deciding to using them?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
we knew the nukes were pretty destructive.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

RTHKI wrote:

Did we know how long radiation lasted?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

War Man wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Yes.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

The radiation was negligible compared to the blast.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

War Man wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Do a research.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

War Man wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

One of the reasons they were dropped within a valley.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Such a scumbag this man was.

Chris Kyle wrote:

Come to find out, my chief had been regaling them with the after-action reports of my sniping in Fallujah. They’d been sitting around hand-holding the Filipinos and hating life, while I’d been having all the fun.

I went to war for my country, not Iraq. My country sent me out there so that bullshit wouldn’t make its way back to our shores. I never once fought for the Iraqis. I could give a flying fuck about them.

Just because war is hell doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun.

A minute or two later, an Iraqi woman came running up, saw him on the ground, and tore off her clothes. She was obviously his mother. I’d see the families of the insurgents display their grief, tear off clothes, even rub the blood on themselves. If you loved them, I thought, you should have kept them away from the war. You should have kept them from joining the insurgency. You let them try and kill us—what did you think would happen to them?

On the front of my arm, I had a crusader cross inked in. I wanted everyone to know I was a Christian. I had it put in in red, for blood. I hated the damn savages I’d been fighting. I always will. They’ve taken so much from me.

That’s why a lot of people, myself included, called the enemy “savages.” There really was no other way to describe what we encountered there.
Plus many, many more!

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-02-04 11:22:20)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

War Man wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

the american senior government/military officials and the scientists involved were all fully aware of the atrocities they were willing upon the japanese people. the research and tests had already been done. the weapon was developed in the first place to purposefully kill as many people as possible. you can't twist you guys having nukes into a 'good thing' and then make iran out to be some evil devils. you did an evil deed, get over it. why should america and its israeli bitches own nukes, and not the iranians? only one country has ever used a nuke offensively, to kill massive numbers of innocent civilians. wonder who that is. why is iran so evil again?

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-02-04 11:22:16)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Because we are scared.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard