Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

M.O.A.B wrote:

Secondary school history as I remember consisted of learning about castles, Anglo Saxons, Normans, a tiny bit about the rise of Nazi Germany, Northern Ireland's political history and a very basic introduction to American Indian history, which was the best of the lot imo. At college the history was again largely politically restricted and rarely went into much of the major events. More extensive look into Nazi Germany, British political history and then Soviet history, which was quite good even if they stopped before WW2.

Only positive part of the British political segment was that I got this when I first saw it, rest of the time I was literally dropping off in my lessons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpMshQ-7F5A
We barely touched on much European history in school. Everything started with Chris Columbus then nothing happened until the Pilgrims. It is the second reason I like to study European history and new world colonialism since I am exhausted of American history.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Macbeth wrote:

This 1956 British-French-Israeli operation led to the United States intervening to stop the Suez Canal Crisis.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6719|England. Stoke

Macbeth wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

This 1956 British-French-Israeli operation led to the United States intervening to stop the Suez Canal Crisis.
Don't know this one, you Yanks are always late to the party anyway...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5368|London, England
Operation Kadesh.

Winter War for 1000.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Operation Musketeer. Pick a topic.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6747|Oxferd Ohire
mac you went to a bad school
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Jay wrote:

Winter War for 1000.
This was the Finnish fortification defense line against the Soviets.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-01-27 14:27:09)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Easy, the Mannerheim Line, named after the field marshal who commanded the Finnish forces.

North Africa Campaign for 1000.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Known as the butcher of two African countries, this general was one of the chief Axis commanders in North Africa.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
Human migrations for 350

A: ig

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-01-27 14:52:57)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Superior Mind wrote:

Human migrations for 350

This Germanic tribe pillaged their way through Hispania to North Africa eventually settling and starting a Kingdom where Carthage once stood.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-01-27 14:58:06)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
Literally every question is a history question.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

that is not my fault you guys haven't asked for pop culture or other topics
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

This 54 year Grammy award winner is noted for winning a golden globe for her performance in a movie that Broadway's run has just concluded a few days ago.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
There are other ways of posing questions outside the frame of history. Geography and human migrations are topics that are not bound by the tales of history.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Human migrations for 350

This Germanic tribe pillaged their way through Hispania to North Africa eventually settling and starting a Kingdom where Carthage once stood.
Los Vandals
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Known as the butcher of two African countries, this general was one of the chief Axis commanders in North Africa.
Graziani
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5553|Toronto

Superior Mind wrote:

There are other ways of posing questions outside the frame of history. Geography and human migrations are topics that are not bound by the tales of history.
This word rhymes with "touche."
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
This equation is a quick way to calculate an objects impact velocity when starting from rest.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Macbeth wrote:

This 54 year Grammy award winner is noted for winning a golden globe for her performance in a movie that Broadway's run has just concluded a few days ago.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

It was Madonna.

This legendary Shakespeare title character was remarked by another character to have the falling sickness.

Don't answer Uzique
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Easy. Julius Caeser. Had to read that play in 11th grade.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Easy for you.

Pick a topic
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Easy. Julius Caeser. Had to read that play in 11th grade.
the best scene in that play is the gratuitous part with cinna the poet. shakespeare was badass when he got into action movie mode.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Medicinal herbs descended from the rubber tree in the Ecuadoran amazon.

Just kidding. How about food?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard