Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

also used in political science to describe perception vs. reality.
widely misunderstood, as it isn't about subjectivism or ideology at all. it's about transcendentalism. a neat allegory, nonetheless.

could nitpick macbeth's definition as well, but i'm not going to be 'that' guy. the true form is the same as the saussurean semiotic Sign - it's pretty much unaccessible. it found it way through western enlightenment thought in kant's critique of pure reason - it's the noumenon, as opposed to the phenomenon.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

I think you mean to say inaccessible, not unaccessible.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252
both of them work. please teach me more though, polytechnic compsci grad.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
I might do polisci
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
The cave is one place where humans may have come face to face with the transcendental other/self. Paleolithic cave art tends to be in the deep recesses of caves, where a person could manipulate sound and cast their visions on the walls. Assisted or not by intoxication, those activities, especially the experimentation with one's voice, are boundary dissolving.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-02-20 15:37:42)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
what?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252

Superior Mind wrote:

The cave is one place where humans may have come face to face with the transcendental other/self. Paleolithic cave art tends to be in the deep recesses of caves, where a person could manipulate sound and cast their visions on the walls. Assisted or not by intoxication, those activities, especially the experimentation with one's voice, are boundary dissolving.
you have not read plato.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
I read the allegory of the cave
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252
you clearly didn't know what the fuck it was about if you're talking about experiencing transcendentalism within the cave. plato thought poetry and all forms of dionysian revelry were a big noooo-no. getting all spiritual in the cave with intoxicants would have led to plato's concentration camp.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

These two former UFC champions fought a trilogy before fighting for a fourth time in an independent promotion.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

you clearly didn't know what the fuck it was about if you're talking about experiencing transcendentalism within the cave. plato thought poetry and all forms of dionysian revelry were a big noooo-no. getting all spiritual in the cave with intoxicants would have led to plato's concentration camp.
I'm not saying this is what inspired Plato's allegory. I'm just drawing a connection between caves and transcendentalism. And the types of revelry I'm getting at are not Dionysian.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252
i get your train of thought, about caves and their importance in early human thought and culture. but the plato thing was just a metaphor - an allegory. the cave part doesn't really have any significance. it's just a conceptual apparatus.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
Yes, I understand that.

Mac more Qs
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

These two Iberian kingdom's combination formed the state of Spain.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-02-20 16:09:11)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
Leon and Catalonia?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Nope
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
After googling it I remember that I learned that in 8th grade while reading El Cid.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Macbeth wrote:

Hey Jay since you are such a Hegelian philosophy expert you should get this one pretty easily.

What historical figure did Hegel refer to as "the world spirit"?
It was Napoleon

These two unlucky men join Kennedy and Lincoln in the murdered presidents club.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
McKinley
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

And the other?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
Lol idk Garfield?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

XD yeah

This popular vacation spot was the last Western state to abolish slavery in 1888
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Sorry for falling back on history. I will think up some more later
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
Idk, there are many popular vacation spots in the west.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

South American county.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard