calm_download
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+0|3365
Uh, would be so awful. The burden would always fall upon us when other countries had financial crises. No way, Jose, heh heh
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
It was the collapse of the Ponzi scheme which is the US 'economy' which nearly brought the whole world down - what the fuck are you talking about?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
I'm pretty skeptical that immigration of any sort is necessarily a plus for a country. I think more has to be done to prevent illegals coming in and the ones that are already here either be force assimilated or deported. The U.S. lets in a million legal immigrants a year. I'm sure many of those are educated but that is still a million more people that need jobs and services.

Unfortunately most people who support a harsher immigration policy have really colorful views on races and don't give a shit what happens to American citizens after we get rid of the illegals and slow down immigration. They are loud and operate with bad faith.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I'm pretty skeptical that immigration of any sort is necessarily a plus for a country.
In the case of the USA, it was indeed downright negative for the native population, which has been severely decimated, force-assimilated or shoved into reservations.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

globefish23 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I'm pretty skeptical that immigration of any sort is necessarily a plus for a country.
In the case of the USA, it was indeed downright negative for the native population, which has been severely decimated, force-assimilated or shoved into reservations.
Yawn
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I'm pretty skeptical that immigration of any sort is necessarily a plus for a country. I think more has to be done to prevent illegals coming in and the ones that are already here either be force assimilated or deported. The U.S. lets in a million legal immigrants a year. I'm sure many of those are educated but that is still a million more people that need jobs and services.

Unfortunately most people who support a harsher immigration policy have really colorful views on races and don't give a shit what happens to American citizens after we get rid of the illegals and slow down immigration. They are loud and operate with bad faith.
the US's technological ascendancy was guaranteed by encouraging immigrants into your country. especially of the ex-regime, war-criminal type.

most of your top grad schools today are not populated by good little all american heroes. your universities (and their wealth) draw intellectual talent from around the globe. a lot of the nobel prizes associated with 'elite' american institutions were earned by... immigrants.

Last edited by uziq (2015-05-01 03:27:21)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

Jay wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Yawn
He has a point. The colonial nations (North and South America, Australia, South Africa) don't have the moral authority to be isolationist and anti-immigration.

I try to make sure my political views are logically consistent and haven't found a way to make that fact jive with my belief that a state's only responsibility is to its citizens.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
It depends, immigration may benefit a nation, it won't necessarily benefit the indigenous population, whether they're first wave or tenth wave immigrants, the next wave is invariably bad.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13rin
+977|6480
I love the idea.  The US doesnt need boundries.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard