Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6487|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Jay wrote:

Wanna have the house first.
Ye, well so did I. 13 weeks left to get that taken care of. Ain't gonna happen...

In other noose I'm gonna go buy a new washing machine tomorrow. Maybe a dryer too on the same go. Also need a new TV to replace that 32" radio. Gonna check if there are any proper ones for good prices. Sony 55" 3D LED Smart-TV KDL-55HX75G is on sale for 1299€. I also plan on buying that flash for my 7D. Think I'm gonna buy a Canon Speedlite 430EX. What else do I need?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

Amusing for about 15 seconds:

WELCOME TO THE DEHUMANIZER (v1.06b3)

Code:

-`    . --____.l.      v_aaa|   jM:=====qF g;====M]}'X++   +WWWQWQWQWQQQQQQmk;QQQQQQQQQQQQqt;==NQt=+EsqQQQQQQQQMMMMMMQMMQMQMQQQQQQMQMM+=q@|s\mQQQQf
   -j___Jc_2a2sas_,..-      : "" .qt+=====g`jE;;==q!|\mQ:-     QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQF' nQQQQQQQQMWM+;=Myt++M|mMQMMQQQQMMQMMQQQQMQQQQMQMMMQQ@Qt=+Q5|M_QMMMMQf
 aaad#ZZSoX2o_|_____s__. ::-    -f======q" N+|==qN^"yDTS    .  jQQQQMQMMWQQQWW: --QQQQMMM@@+|+qNM=|q5vMQQMQQQQQQMMQQQMQQMQQQQQQQMQQQ0t:=MM+q5yQQQQQQQf
 mm####Xnoooo2o2XXZZ2oos, 2osc.a:=+==+qF'y-|+==y\#\QQ(==       ]QQM-)(jMMWQST|  n:MQMQQQMt+|=Eq5==EIjMMQQMQMMQMMMMMQMMQQMQQMMQQMQQ@M==qQ:|F|dQQQQQQQWk
 #######2ooooooononnnoons|2o}\q;M.===g`jN-=+=s9X\QQQY](#    .  jQQX2\J6W9M&rW   -==MQQZM|+=Mi5;=M|qQQMMQQQMMQQMQMQMMQQQQQMQQQQQQ@Qt==Q5+M+yWmW#mmmmm#E
 #ZZZ#ZZXonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnon+qt +ap+q" N++==sM\XyQQ0Ti)(v    : v)QfXvvn7_yE(_v   jX:OPQ=++q5M;+q5ogQQ@|?mMMQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQO5;=Mg.qEaWm#########ZE
 ZZZZZZZZonvnvnvnvnvnvnvnn-M;:=|=jN`y!||==y\#\QQQQW=Xj(j: j_)|_jF'X  j/9"j|%   j)X.qt;=+Eq5|+N+qQQ@t="XQQQQQQQQQQQ@(QWQWQQQQWZM==qQ":F|Jm###Z#ZZZZZXXE
 XZZZZZZXovvnvnvvnvvvnvnv(i-+====f j=====Mn(jQQQQQk=Z);j+ )vnnv][n    :lvvn(   )l2=-;=+=Q|+il|jQQQ{;- +QQQQQQQQQQ#(<WmWmmW#mkQ:+Qj;+i]m##ZZZZXZXZXXXXE
 XZXZZZX2nvnvvvnvnvnvvvvv;9+===yT_Mt+==qN_?QQQMQBZ[oX|;jv jvvv=;`.  .@-vX__,   -`Qy%|q=g`=qI!mQQQm;v-  $QQQWWWWWmWF`mmmmm##QE==MN+qQsZ#ZZZXXXXXXXXXS2E
 XXXXXXXvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvn;a|+jM yti|||5|7 NQQQMQE2;XX)(jl j|"- -      <T" #|  _qyMgpFji:jElyWQQWWS'    ]WmS#24mm#[--Y#####M(|qg+qt|ZXXXXXXXXXXS222222E
 XXXSSSvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(-aQt_9li|jM_!+)Q ??"-""^`SXlsa= =.____|i|Q+=   -"^ _t;||MqN+|g`sdWmWm#li+    )S2<"J3#XX  j#ZZZq!|q$M|MsnZXXXSS222222o222o2oE
 S2S22vIvvIvIvvvvvvIvvvvvv|=_qti|v@\?=%vvvW ..Q"+ #oSc]X_avn2vnvs||||__n._,|M=|iq"g`iq"XJQWmmm#f:=|  = j2(-|/\)"v  j-2qE+|MMtq=sZXX222222222oooooooonE
 2S2ovvIIlIIIvlIIIIIvlIIIIII|)9MM"+_vlIvIII.-^X<   +|XXXXXXSSoIvlIIlIvni|}qpgIqFqY|qMtaWmmmmm#r{Q .+jl|][ :=-'_|n ._ g'iqaTqf|oS222o22ooooooooonnnnvvE
 22nvIllIIIIIlIIIIIIlIIIIIIlIvvnvIvvIIIllII;+.+  j;|Z#Z#X22o22vlIIIIlIIIiN\|MMqN1vg'sJm######S()W ; )ii: .-+:_|_|  -MMq5QiMvv2o2oooooooononnnvnvvvvvvE
 o2vIlIIllIllIIlIlIlIIlIlIllIllllllllIlIIIlI;v2 )2X##Z#ZSo222ovllIlIllll=%Iq?y5nq?Wd###ZZY!"?{']v|; - -=_,  :l._XjMNvMQ5q!nSooooooonnnnvnvvvvvvvvvvvIE
 2lvjillIlllIllIlIlIllIlIllIlIllIlIlIllllllIi; voXZZZ#Xo2o222vlllIlIlIlI=vQ[Miv@i-i#ZZZ|    #<:)|o; jIll;l       vov+WvQ[oonnonnnnnvnvvvvvvvvvvvvIvIlE
 o- --|llllllllllllllllllllllllMMilllllllllll; -XZZ#Xooo2o2onlllllllllll=T5Monti||-SZ(X:j,;2==|+oo2o22IlIlll(|l_MIq5MoM\)oonnnvnvnvvvvvvvvvvvIIIlllliE
 o||   l++IlllillllillilllllllllNJpvillilllilln )ZXoi""!noovIililllllllll|)M9+|ill|-!^_v`-`v j_jXZXooooilllil+q_N6qEgT%oonvnvvvvvvvvvvvvvIIlllllllliiE
 n2(;l    +--|lliiilililiiiiliiiiM/Mliilililiil2-"^= ._,2ovlliililiiliiiilliiiiliii;j__ :_/ .SZZXXoooovilililv@MvEqNllvnvvvvvvvvIvIIIlllllllliliiiiii@
 noo(|<X,    ==-|ilililililliilllIdpTnIiliili+"-   _So2Soo  +iiliilililliiivyliiili;;-: ..::nXX2oononIililiil;/yoF@|_-nvvvvvIIIIlIlllllliiiiiiiiiiii|E
 nnnv;           :++liiiiliililiiivd_ pIiil-       =nnnnnn;.|+-+|iiiiiiiilllM9ciiiil;;.v+..+noonnnnnviiiililiIlliilll,{IIIllIlllllliliiiiiiiiiiii|i||@
 nnnns        j,  +iiiiiiiilillllllv2a)Mcii jJ      nnvnnno;WX   +-|iiiiiiiii*JpIii-"`  .jfinnnnnnv(=-iiiiiiiiiiZcliil;+viilllliliiiiiiiiiii|i|||||||@
 vnnnn=      jQE  )IvlllIvnnnoooonnnnnr.]|i.    vQQ nvnnvnns;    j <|iiiiilillMrM||_;    )(innnvnvnv( _<-+iiiiiii@pvii` j_|iiiiiiiiiii|i|||||||||||||@
 nnvvnv<     jmf  )vnvnnnoSXXXXXXXonvnQf.Qi;    ]EE vnnnvnvn(   +j -vllIvnooonvQ[Z|=  m= jkvnvnvnnnnn     |iiiiiivEQ+ n vIliiiii|i||||i||||||||||||++@
 vvnvnn|:    Q0' .IvnoSSSXS2XSSSSS2ovnlMr M;.   )?':nvvnvnvnv<  ]2 2voo2SSSSS2vnM"g;  9<v-]2vnvnvvvnv_  jr#llsnnovdps. jpiiiii|i|i|i||||||||||||+|+|+@
 vnvnvvn;.      =lvnnXS2S2SS2222ooonvnIi3..pc;    <nvnvvnvvnvv_=  _vnoX2oonnnnvvvM p;  _:;]nnvvvnvnvvn_<-`vnX22o2nn}sgW ji|||||||||||||||||||+|+|+|++@
 vvvvnvnvs,    jvvvvnnooonnvvvnvvnvvnvvIiT_-Qc:   )vvvvnvvnvvvn;__nvvnvvnvvvvvvnvlV)p%|njEjZMvvnvvvnvnn(_)nvvvnvvnvvIyp|i||i|||||||||+|+|++++|=|=++++@
 vvnvvvnvvv_X.|)vvnvvvvnvvvvnvvvvvvnvvvvlil/-4_X_%vvvvvvvnvvvvvnnvvvvvvvvvvnvvnvvIiM/Q|vp{2nM@nvvnvvvvvvnnvvvvvvvvvvvlpM;|||||||||+|+|+|++|+++++++++=@
 vvvvvvvvvvnvnvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvnvvvvvvvi|dr.MlvvnvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvIMrM.Q@nnQ5vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv3p4<||+|+|+|+|++++++++++++=++==@
 vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvlii3p.?c;)vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvli3=T%'@N,{%{vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv)pM.+|+|+++++++|=+++=+=+=+==+=@
 MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM .7MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM9 9MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM5
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

But they'll have a dad who hates the Hobbit.
If only I had ADD and needed constant visual stimulation to keep me entertained...
I bet you get a twitch whenever the camera moves just like every other hatin spaz.

Jay wrote:

I guess it wasn't that bad if you realize it was aimed at kids, but I just didn't think the dramatic additions added anything to the story.
If they really filmed it for kids, I'd think they'd leave out the gutting, mangling, mutilation and the immense length of the movie itself.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5372|London, England
Having kids right now just scares me. There's just so much I want to do before I enter the world of Disney vacations and being tethered to my house every night by the needs of the babysitter. My nightmare is my kids ending up like my youngest brother, forcing me to watch the same Disney movie on repeat seventy-five times in a row.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

Make sure it's a good movie.

Like Willow.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

But they'll have a dad who hates the Hobbit.
If only I had ADD and needed constant visual stimulation to keep me entertained...
I bet you get a twitch whenever the camera moves just like every other hatin spaz.

Jay wrote:

I guess it wasn't that bad if you realize it was aimed at kids, but I just didn't think the dramatic additions added anything to the story.
If they really filmed it for kids, I'd think they'd leave out the gutting, mangling, mutilation and the immense length of the movie itself.
Newbie, it was entertainment. I sat through it, but I didn't walk out with any desire to ever see it again, buy the dvd, or go out of my way to recommend it to people. It wasn't anything special, it was a throwaway.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706

Jay wrote:

Having kids right now just scares me. There's just so much I want to do before I enter the world of Disney vacations and being tethered to my house every night by the needs of the babysitter. My nightmare is my kids ending up like my youngest brother, forcing me to watch the same Disney movie on repeat seventy-five times in a row.
You know, you don't have to raise your kids into the same televised materialist video game culture that you grew up in. If I have kids, there will be no tv in the house and vacations won't be to Disneyland (aka materialized television), they will be to places of great natural wonder and beauty.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2012-12-27 10:23:28)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

Jay wrote:

You know, you don't have to raise your kids into the same televised materialist video game culture that you grew up in. If I have kids, there will be no tv in the house and vacations won't be to Disneyland (aka materialized television), it will be to places of great natural wonder and beauty.
My wife will, to this day, drop everything and watch a Disney movie. It is my fate. If I denied her a trip to Disney World, let alone the kids, she would hate me forever
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706
Damn I'm sorry bro. Can't you explain to her that she will be setting up her kids for a lifetime of delusion?

Last edited by Superior Mind (2012-12-27 10:26:16)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6672|BC, Canada
Explaining the delusion to people caught up in it may be hard. Lucky for me my wife wants nothing to do with disney for our little boy.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6727|Purplicious Wisconsin
I never had a vacation, I've had trips like six flags though

Last edited by War Man (2012-12-27 10:34:56)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706
All my nephews do is play games on their iPods or DS when they have down time. And they are already obsessed with crap on tv. Each time I see them I try to plant a seed of reality in them.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

Damn I'm sorry bro. Can't you explain to her that she will be setting up her kids for a lifetime of delusion?
I tell her all the time. I'm just gonna have to be the wet blanket realist to offset her Disney optimism
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

All my nephews do is play games on their iPods or DS when they have down time. And they are already obsessed with crap on tv. Each time I see them I try to plant a seed of reality in them.
Oh, there won't be any iPads or DS or any other crap like that. I think it's extremely lazy parenting. I'd rather teach my kids stuff.

Of course, it's easy for me to say now since I don't have any yet...
-Frederick Bastiat
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6672|BC, Canada
I have a feeling its going to be tough to keep kids totally away from that stuff moderation will be the key and just add other mentally healty stuff on top.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706
Music, sports, cooking, art, reading. All essential.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

^helicopter parenting danger
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

^helicopter parenting danger
Not really... I did all that stuff as a kid without my mom even having a plan for it. Kids are kind of just funneled in those directions without effort. Played soccer and baseball in my towns leagues mostly because all my friends from school were doing it too. Started playing the saxophone in 4th grade because we were expected to play an instrument for the school band. I read voraciously, mostly because my dad did. Used to do painting, ceramics and stuff in the after school program while my mom finished her shift at work. Doesn't take a lot of effort to fit all that stuff in. Control freak helicopter parents just take it to the extreme. And they do it mostly because they need meaning in their own life and something to feel proud about. Sad really.

Last edited by Jay (2012-12-27 10:53:14)

-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

Exactly. Helicopter parenting danger.

There's a fine line between providing variety in activities for kids and burning them out before they're 14.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
If you're a balanced person, you don't have to worry about your kids not ending up balanced They tend to pick up on what you like and copy you. My wife likes art, music, cooking and reading, I like reading, sports, music, cooking etc. She majored in English, I majored in math and physics. Kids will be fine without pushing too hard
-Frederick Bastiat
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6487|6 6 4 oh, I forget

-Whiteroom- wrote:

I have a feeling its going to be tough to keep kids totally away from that stuff moderation will be the key and just add other mentally healty stuff on top.
This. And you gotta let the kids get bored. When they're bored they start to think for themselves and get more creative.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ultrafunkula wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

This. And you gotta let the kids get bored. When they're bored they start to think for themselves and get more creative.
The problem with that is when kids get bored they tend to fight with each other, which leads parents to plop them down in front of an iPad or DS I fought with my brother every day when we were kids, but now we're like best friends so maybe it was for the best. Who knows?
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

Jay wrote:

In a flawless world, if you're a balanced person, you don't have to worry about your kids not ending up balanced They tend to pick up on what you like and copy you. My wife likes art, music, cooking and reading, I like reading, sports, music, cooking etc. She majored in English, I majored in math and physics. Kids will be fine without pushing too hard
Fixed for accuracy.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5599

Don't have kids. Divorce the wife. Make sure to empty the joint account. Use the money you have been saving for a house on new clothes, furniture, an apartment or condo in a trendy area.

Then start hooking up with all the high class hoes at the yacht club. Maybe see if those basketball players you debate on Facebook could introduce you to some honeys.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6706
Seriously though, keep your kids away from sugar. It's so insanely addictive and it spoils children's untainted pallets. The reason many kids don't like vegetables is because of sugar addiction.

It's child abuse at the most ignorant level. You wouldn't give your kid any other drug, would you?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard