Comparing pro vs con which is best?

Semi-Automatic25%25% - 54
Bolt-Action74%74% - 158
Total: 212
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6543|Belgium
Semi Auto
+ Fast ROF on a sniper, while still instafragging with a headshot increases your chance of taking someone down quick
+ Damage/sec is greater than bolt action, meaning that even if you dont choose to headshot you are giving your victim less time to escape
+ No need to get tense for missing a shot, you've got 9 more

- Noticably feebler accuracy, you might miss a headshot even if your aim is true
- Sniper rifles are loud, and quickly firing one will attract alot of attention to your position
- Considered unprofessional by other snipers
- Only available as MEC or PLA

Bolt-Action
+ Impressive accuracy, giving your target no warning of your intentions
+ High damage makes sure you get at least a damage kill assist even if you dont hit a head
+ The L9~ is silent and wont attract attention to your position, and the M95 ignores body armour

- Low ROF gives targets a chance to escape if they survive a hit
- Requires aiming skill, and some people dont have that kind of patience
TheGiantSE
+14|6484|Sweden
I like bolt-Action better.
When I play sniper I almost always use the L96A1 because I just love it!
Sometimes on wake I use M95 but thats mainly because it's fun when you once in a while get a chopper pilot.
Mec sniper is good for city maps like Karkand because it's faster and you do not have to aim at the head, 3 fast shots and you get him.

If the target is not to far away when you use Bolt-Action and you do not get a head shot just change to your pistol and finish him of. Usually just take one shot...

Bolt is more sniper to me!
euroweasel
+7|6515|S. Devon
M24 all the way........
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6565|The Land of Claywhore
SVD FTW
        M24 FTW
                L96A1 FTW
                        M95 FTL
                               Type88 FTL
Oberst-Moser
+9|6534
m95 cause you can get into the chopper even when you are too late
Brasso
+1,549|6644

TheGiantSE wrote:

If the target is not to far away when you use Bolt-Action and you do not get a head shot just change to your pistol and finish him of. Usually just take one shot...
Yep, you're right, it takes one pistol shot if your aim is true.  If not, just keep firing the pistol, really easy kill that way (even if they're far away, as you have 15 shots to kill him!).
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6656|England
WTF, I gotted modded for posting k?

I was agreeing with what he had to say and indicating he learnt something...

GJ, iPoon.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6690|Ft. Drum, NY
SVD and L96a1. case closed
lord_tyler_486
+54|6765|Upper Franconia
I use the M95, because the enemy's health always drops to two bars, meaning you can shoot him with the pistol first. He won't notice you because the pistol is silenced [and he'll never expect a sniper shooting with the pistol from far away on a full health target]. Then pull out your big gun and just aim somewhere at the body.
ShaneDiddy
+3|6488|Virginia, USA
I love the bolt action(L9 is my favorite) cause of the damage.
For instance if im see a group of guys running and don't really have time to line up headshots, I can at least stick a bullet in center mass of each one. They will either hesitate to get health if a medic is with them(leaving me more kill time) or be easy kills for my team and assists for me.

Last edited by ShaneDiddy (2006-09-03 08:43:16)

WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6746|Oslo, Norway

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

M95 FTW
     SVD FTW   
                L96A1 FTL
                        M24 FTL
                               Type88 FTL
Couldn't agree more...
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6745|St. Andrews / Oslo

m24 FTW, SVD FTW, everything else FTL.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Hydroion
+67|6636|England
bolt action, semi automatic, same thing too me, no matter which one i got i still kill people with it.

also, its not the gun its the player. but id rather have a sniper backing me up with a bolt action then a rapid fire. that way i can steal his kills when he hits Someone
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6550|Search Whore killing fields
Ive been starting the like the m24. M95 is my PLA ass kicked on wake. Get a good spot near airfield and shoot away.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6637|Birmingham, UK

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

SVD FTW
        M24 FTW
                L96A1 FTW
                        M95 FTL
                               Type88 FTL
You do know that in essence, the Type 88 and SVD in-game are the same?
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6546|Denmizzark!!
If you have good accuracy the semis are best no doubt..
Dr_3V|L
+51|6738|Twente, The Netherlands
1. SVD / Type 88
2. M24
3. L96A1
4. M95
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6543|Belgium

yuckfou09 wrote:

SVD and L96a1. case closed
But you have to choose one over the other..
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6710|Germany
All the semi-automatics rule on city maps,those foggy SF maps,even on Wake the Type88 rocks.
But if there's an experienced sniper in the enemy team he'll have it easier to take you out if you x3.33 zoom and he's got x5 zoom.

If you are dead-on accurate -> a headshot is a headshot and you get way more ammo for the semiautos.

Pick whatever you like,I seem to switch between all the rifles every now and then.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6513|so randum
l96a1.it got me up from neg to positive kd ratio, and sounds so sweet, and has the armour piercing capabilitys of the m95, minus the shoot-thru-cockpit glass thing, which isnt so useful neway
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6703|Tampa Bay Florida
Bolt action.... for most situations.  There are a few situations where a semi-auto would be better, but those are a minority
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6543|Boston, MA
Bolt Action, one shot to the body and whip out the pistol for the long range pistol kill.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6579|England

M95....all other sniper rifles suck ass.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6543|Belgium

fatherted13 wrote:

l96a1.it got me up from neg to positive kd ratio, and sounds so sweet, and has the armour piercing capabilitys of the m95, minus the shoot-thru-cockpit glass thing, which isnt so useful neway
I didnt know L9 pierces body armor.. can anyone confirm?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6640|Warlord
There should be a third option: depends.

I'm a dedicated bolt-action rifle guy but playing a lot more PLA lately I'm using the Type 88 again and it's definitely a decent choice it for some situations. I'd actually really like it if the Type 88 or something like it were available as an unlock option, I'd love to be able to use it in an urban map.

TheDarkRaven wrote:

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

SVD FTW
        M24 FTW
                L96A1 FTW
                        M95 FTL
                               Type88 FTL
You do know that in essence, the Type 88 and SVD in-game are the same?
Yeah, but the diff. scopes make a huge difference to most people.

fatherted13 wrote:

Pardon? The L96A1 has the same characteristics as the M24, just a different scope.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard