Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6715|Germany
Hi!
Today seems to be nice tip day.

I've noticed that a lot of people who defend Wake island at the south and north tips often get blasted away by artillery.

Have a look at this picture:https://img1.putfile.com/thumb/9/24423135868.png

If you see the artillery turn and become kinda like that shape: | | | (which means the artillery is pointing directly into your direction!) -> Run,Forrest,run!!!!

This saved my life hundreds of times.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-02 21:41:52)

Bahiti
Respect! Give it .. Get it!
+55|6667|Land of =KBK=
Nice tip.  Thanks
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6766|The United Center
Yeah, it's surprising how many people don't know that the arty actually turns in the direction it's firing.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6708|Tampa Bay Florida
I like to run from artillery too, it really does help me stay alive.
san4
The Mas
+311|6707|NYC, a place to live
It's good exercise too. 
spartakis
+2|6560
Yeah, artillery actually goes up in air and comes down, so it's not like it just appears over you... If you get up high enough, you can see the arc the shells take and when they head back down... And you can fly over the guns and die...
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6718|NCFSU2
You only have to worry if the cannons are pointed straight up like that. That's a high angle fire mission. If you've taken up a position such as the OP, and see the tubes at a lower agnle, don't fret.

If I can see the angle of the guns, I can usually determine the area of impact and warn my clanmates. And I though being an artilleryman in the Corps wouldn't translate into anything on the ouside...
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6697|Middle of nowhere
it's a good tip, but most of the time, you can't see the artillery, so it doesn't help too much

say, i've read in some guides that you can "hear" the artillery anywhere on the map... but is that true? i can never hear it unless i can see it
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6715|Germany

genius_man16 wrote:

it's a good tip, but most of the time, you can't see the artillery, so it doesn't help too much

say, i've read in some guides that you can "hear" the artillery anywhere on the map... but is that true? i can never hear it unless i can see it
It's very useful on Wake and everywhere where you can see the enemy artillery(it's easy for snipers with their scope).

Too bad that all the other classes don't have binoculars....

And I've read about that sound-warning too,if you got a really good sound card you can hear the arty across the whole map.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6697|Middle of nowhere

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

It's very useful on Wake and everywhere where you can see the enemy artillery(it's easy for snipers with their scope).

And I've read about that sound-warning too,if you got a really good sound card you can hear the arty across the whole map.
Yeah, that's true

and i guess it's time to get a new sound card, lol
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

Run so you don't get blown up.............thank you for the advice.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-09-02 20:53:04)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6715|Germany

usmarine2005 wrote:

No,there's actually more behind it,I'm giving you an actual position of the artillery when it fires in your direction.
You can try to hide in a bunker aswell.
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6724|Alaska
i dont get it, i must be a retard
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6715|Germany

Dsp-CS- wrote:

Just look at the picture.
When you can see the arty and it turns so you can see through its parts (kinda like this: | | | ) it is going to fire into your direction and you have about 15 seconds to run for cover.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-02 21:18:59)

deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6511|Connecticut
Good tip. Also, remember a good commander usually watches his arty hit and if the troops run on the second arty shot he will put it where you ran to the first time. So mix it up and try and find different cover every other time. Anyone commands knows it sucks major ass not hitting someone cuz they moved at the last second.
Malloy must go
Defiance
+438|6690

An arty attack isn't just click, and the ground explodes.

The arty shoots a projectile that is coded with the physics to go up, arc, and come down.

It's much harder to tell with the other guns, but I think they do to.
Snakeyezzz
Banned
+10|6678

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

It really helps.......Platinum Pro sound card here stuck to 500 watt Logi's......5.1 sound and EAX....then you can hear anything anywhere....even someone sneaking up on you thru the bushes...artillery is LOUD as hell when it lands in your vicinity(the concussion shockwave is what usually does all the killing) and if it lands behind you then you hear it alot in the rear speakers ..it's wild

Last edited by Snakeyezzz (2006-09-02 23:25:31)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6715|Germany
Never mind the soundcard,on Wake you can easily see it when at south base or north village.

On maps where you can't see the arty you should use a little timer so you know when the next artillery strike could be fired(about 50 seconds after initial barrage is fired).
React to this(here it's when the good soundcard helps again) and don't stop moving as long as you don't hear the shells falling.After a few seconds you can move back to your spot again.
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6552|Australia
when i'm Spec ops, after blowing up one cannon the guns elevate strait up. Thats when I run.

Last edited by TheDoctor (2006-09-02 23:44:49)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

usmarine2005 wrote:

Another good idea is to duck when people are shooting at you.... it actually makes me stay alive longer   Now gimme + 50 karma, bitch, not many people know about that one
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Dsp-CS- wrote:

Just look at the picture.
When you can see the arty and it turns so you can see through its parts (kinda like this: | | | ) it is going to fire into your direction and you have about 15 seconds to run for cover.
Ya and dont forget enemy infantry look similar to this |.  But of course, if their prone, they look just like this ..  That's when I start ducking.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6715|Germany

Spearhead wrote:

Ya and dont forget enemy infantry look similar to this |.  But of course, if their prone, they look just like this ..  That's when I start ducking.
Ok,I wasn't expecting people here who cannot distinguish a soldier from an arty cannon...so here's a little picture so even you might understand:https://img1.putfile.com/thumb/9/24503112990.jpg
If the arty is turning into this position so that you can see between the | | | -parts it's facing directly into your direction,when it fires you have about 15 seconds to move until the first shell hits the ground.

Got it now or need an even more simple explanation?
Kenthar
Resident Dragon Fanatic
+21|6565

genius_man16 wrote:

I know I said that in my guide. Is your ingame sound quality set to High?
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6638
Just don't stay too long near to most of your troops, or don't go through chokepoints, there's usually artillery. But your tip is not so useful, because usually people can't see the artillery. Btw I have 7.1 soundcard (USB, was pretty cheap 40 €) and icemat siberia headset, I can hear tanks coming from far away when others can't.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6585|England

Yeah, that is useful - if you can see their arty. So on Wake, its good. Karkand you needent bother, cause you know where it is going every time.

Yesterday, I got a veh request on Sharqi so I gave it to them. Unfortunalty, like a lot of retards, he called for it in a stupid spot - right on top of the enemy arty - but, just as it was firing. If you drop a vehicle onto the arty as its firing, as I found out, then an arty shell will fire and destroy the vehicle in midair. Whether it meant that 1 less shell got to land on its target, im not sure? Would be interesting to know.

Also, I was in a heli midair yesterday and got taken out by an arty shell...never seen that done before

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard