lowing
Banned
+1,662|6784|USA
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/0 … index.html

Can't wait to hear how this is gunna be dismissed away by the left. Or how pulling out of Iraq is going to bring peace to the world.

My personal favorite part. 

"We invite all Americans and believers to Islam, whatever their role and status in Bush and Blair's world order," Gadahn says. "Decide today, because today could be your last day."

Last edited by lowing (2006-09-02 17:23:35)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6787

lowing wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/02/zawahiri.tape/index.html

Can't wait to hear how this is gunna be dismissed away by the left. Or how pulling out of Iraq is going to bring peace to the world.
Mansfield, who is a writer and corporate adviser on the Middle East, Islam and terrorism, said the time reference could indicate an attack is near. Muslims believe that non-believers should be given a chance to convert before they are attacked, Mansfield said.
edit: meant to add something to go with this quote on how I heard that Muslims believe attackers should be offered a chance to convert...

Found the tape, in case anyone wants to judge the actual material rather than the US media take on things:

This file: http://www.lauramansfield.com/j/nnnnmn-1.rm
Found it here: http://www.lauramansfield.com/j/default.asp

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-09-02 17:36:39)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6823|Tampa Bay Florida
Sorry lowing, if liberals have their head in the sand, than neo-conservatives have their heads up their asses.

I'm not going to try to convince you, because tons of people have wasted tons of time trying to as well.  Next time, make an unoffensive, unbiased post and maybe we'll post what we think.  But, right of the start, you assume you're right and we're wrong.  How will this ever be a good debate?

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-09-02 17:41:55)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6784|USA

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

lowing wrote:

Mansfield, who is a writer and corporate adviser on the Middle East, Islam and terrorism, said the time reference could indicate an attack is near. Muslims believe that non-believers should be given a chance to convert before they are attacked, Mansfield said.
edit: meant to add something to go with this quote on how I heard that Muslims believe attackers should be offered a chance to convert...

Found the tape, in case anyone wants to judge the actual material rather than the US media take on things:

This file: http://www.lauramansfield.com/j/nnnnmn-1.rm
Found it here: http://www.lauramansfield.com/j/default.asp
i admit to not being interested as to what is on the tape. I will be content if you just tell me that the quote I cited in the article IS NOT on the tape. If it is on the tape, then I don't care what the rest of the tape says.

Or does that make me close minded?? Do I really need to understand why Islamic terrorists want to convert me or kill me? Is there ANY explaination at all that would make me accept the notion that I should really convert to Islam or be put to death??
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6784|USA

Spearhead wrote:

Sorry lowing, if liberals have their head in the sand, than neo-conservatives have their heads up their asses.

I'm not going to try to convince you, because tons of people have wasted tons of time trying to as well.  Next time, make an unoffensive, unbiased post and maybe we'll post what we think.  But, right of the start, you assume you're right and we're wrong.  How will this ever be a good debate?
Ahhh, but no response to the video I see.

I might agree with you there, the Republicans are really letting me down on many issues.

These terrorists and their agenda have been discussed tirelessly by both sides. I am merely showing you another example  that their intentions are no less than world convertion to Islam. Not the abandonment of Iraq or Israel which has been widely suggested by the left.

Last edited by lowing (2006-09-02 17:48:52)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6823|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I might agree with you there, the Republicans are really letting me down on many issues.
Did you read what I JUST wrote?  I have a response, but I'm not going to bother writing it.  It would be a waste.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6784|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Did you read what I JUST wrote?  I have a response, but I'm not going to bother writing it.  It would be a waste.
yeah i read your respponse, but you edited it AFTER I responded...sorry

so read up again please

Last edited by lowing (2006-09-02 17:50:05)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6787

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

How is anyone going to have watched the video yet lowing?  It's 48 minutes long, give me a chance.  I'll have plenty to say when I've watched the whole thing tomorrow.

Glad to see that you've got plenty to say without hearing both sides, but wouldn't expect less of you.

Inviting someone to join your religion because you might die tomorrow and be damned in hell is also a Christian characteristic.  So the quote you mention means absolutely fuck all given that Evangelical preachers say exactly the same fucking thing all the fucking time.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6784|USA

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

How is anyone going to have watched the video yet lowing?  It's 48 minutes long, give me a chance.  I'll have plenty to say when I've watched the whole thing tomorrow.

Glad to see that you've got plenty to say without hearing both sides, but wouldn't expect less of you.

Inviting someone to join your religion because you might die tomorrow and be damned in hell is also a Christian characteristic.  So the quote you mention means absolutely fuck all given that Evangelical preachers say exactly the same fucking thing all the fucking time.
I really had no idea when the video came out. I assumed you already watched by the way you were defending it. Shoulda known you would defend it feverishly. Again re read what I said about it. I don't give a shit what else is said. The quote speaks volumes to me.

Also, We are not talking about some abscure cleric in some desert shit hole somewhere. We are talking about the number 2 man behind the biggest terrorist network in the world. Big difference, since they have tried to remain true to their word as far as carrying out attacks.

Last edited by lowing (2006-09-02 18:01:23)

jonsimon
+224|6628
Big shit? I have my head in the sand because I don't think everyone in the middle east thinks like this guy?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6695
What's your point?  They want people to convert to Islam.  Is this supposed to be news?
C01d Fusion
+7|6654
Liberals' view of the world is so screwed up i dont see how they keep convincing themselves that it is right every night.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6808|Canberra, AUS
Could you expand? What does 'liberal' mean to you?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CameronPoe
+2,925|6689

lowing wrote:

"We invite all Americans and believers to Islam, whatever their role and status in Bush and Blair's world order," Gadahn says. "Decide today, because today could be your last day."
'how pulling out of Iraq is going to bring peace to the world' - did any liberal suggest that peace on earth would result from withdrawing from the western occupation of Iraq? You have warped views about what you would describe as 'liberal' thinking. LOL

PS This guy is some fucking retard in a cave in some barren desert in the asshole of nowhere. You paying a blind bit of attention to his tired rhetoric is a victory for Al Qaeda. The west has little to fear, please engage brain.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-09-02 19:09:43)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6784|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

'how pulling out of Iraq is going to bring peace to the world' - did any liberal suggest that peace on earth would result from withdrawing from the western occupation of Iraq? You have warped views about what you would describe as 'liberal' thinking. LOL

PS This guy is some fucking retard in a cave in some barren desert in the asshole of nowhere. You paying a blind bit of attention to his tired rhetoric is a victory for Al Qaeda. The west has little to fear, please engage brain.
Ahhhh yeah, all you guys say is for us to try and understand them, and you use Iraq and Israel as to why they are hostile toward us.

As far as this "fucking retard" goes, he is number 2 in the same organization that headed up 911, Spain, London etc.....your attitude is the classic reason why you are accused of having your head in the sand.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6689

lowing wrote:

Ahhhh yeah, all you guys say is for us to try and understand them, and you use Iraq and Israel as to why they are hostile toward us.

As far as this "fucking retard" goes, he is number 2 in the same organization that headed up 911, Spain, London etc.....your attitude is the classic reason why you are accused of having your head in the sand.
I don't think you understand guerrilla warfare Lowing. We have a lot of experience of it here in Ireland. Our country was liberated with guerrilla warfare. 'Al Qaeda' is merely a label people who commit a particular aggressive act against the west use to rubber stamp their action. Leadership in cell-based guerrilla warfare is practically non-existent. You seem to have swallowed the 'big bad mega-evil enemy with a base in a hollowed out volcano' BS. No one man 'headed up' the Spain or London bombings. It's an ethos not an organisation. Osama gave NOTHING that actively contirbuted to the London or Madrid bombings bar his extremely sporadic 'addresses to the nation'. You really must differentiate criminality from actual warfare. YOU ARE NOT FIGHTING AN 'ARMY'.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-09-02 19:57:33)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6784|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

I don't think you understand guerrilla warfare Lowing. We have a lot of experience of it here in Ireland. Our country was liberated with guerrilla warfare. 'Al Qaeda' is merely a label people who commit a particular aggressive act against the west use to rubber stamp their action. Leadership in cell-based guerrilla warfare is practically non-existent. You seem to have swallowed the 'big bad mega-evil enemy with a base in a hollowed out volcano' BS. No one man 'headed up' the Spain or London bombings. It's an ethos not an organisation. Osama gave NOTHING that actively contirbuted to the London or Madrid bombings bar his extremely sporadic 'addresses to the nation'. You really must differentiate criminality from actual warfare.
Tell it to the dead Cameronpoe, I am sure they give a fuck about the difference. All the rest is just smoke filled BS.

They have now posted their agenda for America, and Iraq and Israel HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!! yet, you liberals still won't defend....God help us in 2008
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6634|Los Angeles

lowing wrote:

Some shitheads say we should join them. One of the shitheads is an American.

Am I missing something? What's the big deal about this exactly, lowing?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6689

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

I don't think you understand guerrilla warfare Lowing. We have a lot of experience of it here in Ireland. Our country was liberated with guerrilla warfare. 'Al Qaeda' is merely a label people who commit a particular aggressive act against the west use to rubber stamp their action. Leadership in cell-based guerrilla warfare is practically non-existent. You seem to have swallowed the 'big bad mega-evil enemy with a base in a hollowed out volcano' BS. No one man 'headed up' the Spain or London bombings. It's an ethos not an organisation. Osama gave NOTHING that actively contirbuted to the London or Madrid bombings bar his extremely sporadic 'addresses to the nation'. You really must differentiate criminality from actual warfare.
Tell it to the dead Cameronpoe, I am sure they give a fuck about the difference. All the rest is just smoke filled BS.

They have now posted their agenda for America, and Iraq and Israel HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!! yet, you liberals still won't defend....God help us in 2008
You really think we face any realistic threat from these monkeys that can't be combatted with watertight domestic security? Gimme a break. The focus should be on defence not on attack. Especially when you don't know who exactly it is you are supposed to be attacking! Poorly focussed 'attack' heightens the threat of further terrorism, not diminishes it.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-09-02 20:14:04)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6784|USA

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is simply proof that the left's assertion that America is causing terrorism by our foreign policy with Iraq and Israel and Afghanistan is false. they hate us for our life style and our freedoms and our beliefs. Conversion or death is their agenda. It was a "big deal" on 911 for America, and if we do not unite in defense of this radical Islamic push it will be a "big deal".

I do not understand, before it was "listen to them, there is a reason why they attacked us. Our arrogance has caused all of those attacks". Now that they have posted proof of their real agenda, and it goes against everything that was said by the left in their defense you take a stance of, ignoring him, he is retarded, he is a shithead and insignificant?? How the hell can that be??
CameronPoe
+2,925|6689

lowing wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is simply proof that the left's assertion that America is causing terrorism by our foreign policy with Iraq and Israel and Afghanistan is false. they hate us for our life style and our freedoms and our beliefs. Conversion or death is their agenda. It was a "big deal" on 911 for America, and if we do not unite in defense of this radical Islamic push it will be a "big deal".

I do not understand, before it was "listen to them, there is a reason why they attacked us. Our arrogance has caused all of those attacks". Now that they have posted proof of their real agenda, and it goes against everything that was said by the left in their defense you take a stance of, ignoring him, he is retarded, he is a shithead and insignificant?? How the hell can that be??
Lowing FFS. 'They' hate us for our freedoms? Who do? A minority bunch of whackjobs in caves in the Tora Bora mountains. You are again generalising. The majority of non-extremist rightly-aggrieved-feeling moderate arabs/muslims take issue with USA supporting the terrorist state of Israel and things like the occupation of Iraq. NOBODY is suggesting the tiny shithead minority that your thread addresses should be negotiated with. I don't know ANYONE who believes in negotiation with intransigent cunts like those who are members of the group known as 'Al Qaeda'.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6784|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

You really think we face any realistic threat from these monkeys that can't be combatted with watertight domestic security? Gimme a break. The focus should be on defence not on attack. Especially when you don't know who exactly it is you are supposed to be attacking! Porrly focussed 'attack' heightens the threat of further terrorism, not diminishes it.
Yes Cameronpoe, I take the threats seriously, maybe more people should. If they did, Spain London, 911, Bali, Tanzania and Nairobi might have been prevented. Again you not taking it seriously re-enforces the ole' head in the sand claim.

ever hear of the "The best defense is a strong offense" quote??
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6715|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

You really think we face any realistic threat from these monkeys that can't be combatted with watertight domestic security? Gimme a break. The focus should be on defence not on attack. Especially when you don't know who exactly it is you are supposed to be attacking!
I almost agree.

The focus should be on intelligence and vigilance. Attacking places in general just exacerbates things. Although I do think Afghanistan was a good idea. The Taliban were openly saying terrorists are hiding here, this is a safe haven for terrorists, you can't be putting up with that. Afghanistan was already a breeding ground for terrorism, not much chance of making things worse - it made sense to invade. Iraq, well, that's another story.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6689

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

You really think we face any realistic threat from these monkeys that can't be combatted with watertight domestic security? Gimme a break. The focus should be on defence not on attack. Especially when you don't know who exactly it is you are supposed to be attacking! Porrly focussed 'attack' heightens the threat of further terrorism, not diminishes it.
Yes Cameronpoe, I take the threats seriously, maybe more people should. If they did, Spain London, 911, Bali, Tanzania and Nairobi might have been prevented. Again you not taking it seriously re-enforces the ole' head in the sand claim.

ever hear of the "The best defense is a strong offense" quote??
When the offense causes MORE terror? London bombing: carried out by Brits who stated it was in direct opposition to their country's actions in Iraq. Spain bombing: carried out because Spain had troops in Iraq, no bombings since their withdrawal. Bali bombing: aimed at Australian tourists, whose government have troops in Iraq. I don't know about you but I'm seeing a pattern here. I don't think I saw any bombings in Germany, France, Ireland, etc.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-09-02 20:17:06)

The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6634|Los Angeles

lowing wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

lowing wrote:

Lowing, I think you are confusing a collection of different people with different viewpoints with a corporation or something.

Let me explain the difference.

If you call Ikea, and jackass #1 tells you he'll let you return your Malmicksen side table, and you bring it in to the store and jackass #2 tells you differently, then YOU HAVE A VALID POINT in saying "WTF IKEA? You're telling me two different things!"

However, there is no such thing as Liberals Incorporated.

lowing wrote:

I do not understand, before it was "listen to them"
It wasn't me, bro. If some guy you talked to argued one point 2 weeks ago, then hunt him down and bitch to him. I don't claim responsibility for anything anyone else has told you other than me.

lowing wrote:

you take a stance of, ignoring him, he is retarded, he is a shithead and insignificant?? How the hell can that be??
Q: I did indeed call him a shithead, but when did I say we should ignore him, that he is retarded, or that he is insignificant?

A: I did not say such things.

Or are you again attempting to lump multiple enemies together, blurring the differences between them and trying to trick everyone into thinking that your enemy are all in allegiance together and against you?

Hang on a second... that strategy sounds... so... familiar...

MR. RUMSFELD?!

IS THAT YOU???

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard