Rogue_Delta
+6|6474
I am about to rank up to 1st sgt and I currently miss the G3, F2000 and L96A1 rifles. I need some good piece of advice here because I have two unlocks and need to leave one of three missing behind until next 30,000 points (which I will never get before 2142, of course): which ones should I get? G3 and F2000 or G3 and the L96A1? Thanks y'all!
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6570
Well..in my opinion the F2000 sucks. I only ever use the basics and the G3.

The L9A61 isnt to bad to be honest..but it depends if you snipe alot?
AA_FLAME
+7|6665
G3 an F2000
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6554|Valhalla
I used to use the F2000 alot but now i've moved back to standards - M16 and AK101 all the way!
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>-old
Banned
+4|6470|Manchester
All you G3 whores ruin the fun in this game
samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6570

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

..?
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6554|Valhalla

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

How does that work? Let me guess you always get owned by a G3... Next you'll be having a go at the PKM!
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6751|St. Andrews / Oslo

The g3 takes skill, unlike the PKM...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Crestfallen
+27|6468|England, Leicester
Well, I always unlock the guns with the kit I play most, so then thats your choice.  But as for experience Here goes nothing.

The G3 is a stable gun and is pretty accurate, being able to put someone down with ease, and you can use it to snipe at longer ranges sometimes if you have a steady hand and good aim.  However, its small clip of just 20 rounds does get eaten away pretty quickly so you have to keep your eye on it.  However, all in all, its a powerful and solid upgrade.
The F2000, well, its not a bad gun but its certainly not a favorite.  Being the only one of the assault weapons to have a scope, it is nifty for being able to focus on a target at range, and its not bad at taking down troops.  The beauty of this unlock though is getting the flash bangs with the kit.  Always fun to use, and giving you an advantage over other players, they are a nice unlock to have.
Lastly the L96A1.  Its a brilliant sniper rifle, and a nice solid unlock to have.  Its an accurate bolt-action in comparison to the PLA and MEC auto snipers, but then it depends on your style of play.  I really prefer using this in comparison to them.  It has the quick reload of the M95 as well, so its a useful sniper rifle to boot.

If I were you I would go for the G3 and the L96A1.  Reason?  The F2000 while being a good gun doesn't seem to add much to the class, and the flash bangs are underused in the game.  Apart from getting the drop on people while they are blind (which doesn't seem to happen much), the G3 and the L96A1 get my vote for your unlocks.

Hope that helped you,

Crestfallen
Rogue_Delta
+6|6474

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

uhm... right. well, thanks anyway! (although I dont quite get the idea of a G3 whore? I heard about tank-whores, jet-whores and gaymores, but a G3-whore? why? is it good?)
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6597|Florida
The F2000 and the L96 are good.  The L96 is an awesome sniper rifle, and the F2000 is ok for an assault rifle, but it wouldnt be my first choice.  Id prefer the standard weapon over it, but its not a bad gun really.  I hate the G3, so it doesnt get my vote at all.  Id prefer to not have it, but I thought it would be a good gun to get....I was wrong.  Its not good in my hands.
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>-old
Banned
+4|6470|Manchester

Rogue_Delta wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

uhm... right. well, thanks anyway! (although I dont quite get the idea of a G3 whore? I heard about tank-whores, jet-whores and gaymores, but a G3-whore? why? is it good?)
G3s take no skill its like a 2hit kill so its nooby just like the rest of unlocks
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6554|Valhalla

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

Rogue_Delta wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

G3s take no skill its like a 2hit kill so its nooby just like the rest of unlocks
So let me get this straight If you kill somebody quickly(less that 5 shots) your a noob but if you take a long time to kill somebody (more than 5+ shots) your skilled?
How the fuck does that work?
Rogue_Delta
+6|6474

Crestfallen wrote:

Well, I always unlock the guns with the kit I play most, so then thats your choice.  But as for experience Here goes nothing.

The G3 is a stable gun and is pretty accurate, being able to put someone down with ease, and you can use it to snipe at longer ranges sometimes if you have a steady hand and good aim.  However, its small clip of just 20 rounds does get eaten away pretty quickly so you have to keep your eye on it.  However, all in all, its a powerful and solid upgrade.
The F2000, well, its not a bad gun but its certainly not a favorite.  Being the only one of the assault weapons to have a scope, it is nifty for being able to focus on a target at range, and its not bad at taking down troops.  The beauty of this unlock though is getting the flash bangs with the kit.  Always fun to use, and giving you an advantage over other players, they are a nice unlock to have.
Lastly the L96A1.  Its a brilliant sniper rifle, and a nice solid unlock to have.  Its an accurate bolt-action in comparison to the PLA and MEC auto snipers, but then it depends on your style of play.  I really prefer using this in comparison to them.  It has the quick reload of the M95 as well, so its a useful sniper rifle to boot.

If I were you I would go for the G3 and the L96A1.  Reason?  The F2000 while being a good gun doesn't seem to add much to the class, and the flash bangs are underused in the game.  Apart from getting the drop on people while they are blind (which doesn't seem to happen much), the G3 and the L96A1 get my vote for your unlocks.

Hope that helped you,

Crestfallen
Thanks, Crestfallen, just the kind of answer I was looking for. I play medic and AT the most. sniping... well, Im not the kind of guy who will walk up to you just to drop a claymore and then rush around the corner so I cant say I would exploit the class (and if you play it properly you might just hang around one full round just to get 5-6 kills on a flag. not my thing). assault? I figure flashbangs are an awesome unlock to have.
Crestfallen
+27|6468|England, Leicester

loonitic wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

Rogue_Delta wrote:

So let me get this straight If you kill somebody quickly(less that 5 shots) your a noob but if you take a long time to kill somebody (more than 5+ shots) your skilled?
How the fuck does that work?
Quick kills FTW!

And why are the unlocks 'n00by?' most of them are quite fun to play with once you have earned them.

EDIT:
No problem.  The flash bangs aren't a bad addition, its just, well, no... wait its probably just me not being able to use them properly .  But still, for me the G3 is a choice for being able to take out opposition quickly while the L96A1 is a deadly and precise if you are a good sniper.  However, since you play medic and AT a lot, I may revise my vote.  I'm guessing your playing style would be in the thick of it duking it out, and getting stuck in when ready.  The F2000 is useful for clearing out tight spaces and grenade launcher.  So if your not one of those who hangs back from the fight, but prefers to be up front, go with Assault all the way.

Last edited by Crestfallen (2006-09-01 07:13:21)

Hooten-Delta
+2|6519

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

Rogue_Delta wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

G3 is 40dmg per shot vs 38 from an AK-47. Either way you're going to kill most people with 3 bullets.  Unlocks are overrated and I'm sick of the peeps who whine when they get killed by them.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6484|Life in a vacuum sucks
G3 & L96A1 trust me

Last edited by SGT.Slayero (2006-09-01 08:16:40)

Rogue_Delta
+6|6474

Hooten-Delta wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

Rogue_Delta wrote:

G3 is 40dmg per shot vs 38 from an AK-47. Either way you're going to kill most people with 3 bullets.  Unlocks are overrated and I'm sick of the peeps who whine when they get killed by them.
copy that, hooten! BTW, there's enough to whine about claymores, n00btubes, jetwhore-Tkers, cartillery, or having 5 squadleaders in one-man squads playing sniper... before we have time for an overrated G3 nobody is using anyway.
Rogue_Delta
+6|6474

SGT.Slayero wrote:

G3 & L96A1 trust me
uhm... your sig says MY FAV GUN THE F2000?
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6554|Valhalla

Rogue_Delta wrote:

Hooten-Delta wrote:

<^|0B1ackhawk0|^> wrote:

copy that, hooten! BTW, there's enough to whine about claymores, n00btubes, jetwhore-Tkers, cartillery, or having 5 squadleaders in one-man squads playing sniper... before we have time for an overrated G3 nobody is using anyway.
Jetwhore Team Killers, its not our fault, if you stand on the runway, fly a heli over the runway or get in the way when we're doing a bombing run
Expesically the last one, FFS you playing as a medic WTF are you going to do when 2 tanks and an APC comes charging at you use the throw a medi pack at them?

Just had to make that clear...
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6549|Boston, MA
I love the F2000. I would've unlocked it if I actually played the Assault kit though. I just use F2000 whenever I'm SAS.
Rogue_Delta
+6|6474

loonitic wrote:

Rogue_Delta wrote:

Hooten-Delta wrote:

Jetwhore Team Killers, its not our fault, if you stand on the runway, fly a heli over the runway or get in the way when we're doing a bombing run
Expesically the last one, FFS you playing as a medic WTF are you going to do when 2 tanks and an APC comes charging at you use the throw a medi pack at them?

Just had to make that clear...
dude, I promise I wont stand anywhere near a tank with jets in the sky... just saying that pilots can become blood-thirsty and stop checking what's on the ground before they drop their shit. If Im assaulting a flag with my squad you cant just bomb the fing place cause it's crowded with enemies. not whining here, just pointing out to (some) pilots they could use more attention. BTW, I can occasionally TK by accident and say sorry, how come jet pilots dont ever take the time to do the same. Cause they dont give a shit, that's why.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6484|Life in a vacuum sucks

Rogue_Delta wrote:

SGT.Slayero wrote:

G3 & L96A1 trust me
so i think he should get the g3 & l96a1
Rogue_Delta
+6|6474

SGT.Slayero wrote:

Rogue_Delta wrote:

SGT.Slayero wrote:

G3 & L96A1 trust me
so i think he should get the g3 & l96a1
OK, makes sense! ;-)
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6552|Denmizzark!!

Jenspm wrote:

The g3 takes skill, unlike the PKM...
word.. thats why I never use the G3

Pick the l96, it will rox0r your s0xors!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard