Poll

How good is POE2? Give your score to it.

10-952%52% - 124
8-734%34% - 81
6-55%5% - 13
Less than 58%8% - 20
Total: 238
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6762|Argentina
Well, after playing it for a while I must say I feel it's not the great mod all people say.  I think it is just good.  It doesn't meet BF2 quality at all.  The reality of BF2 has nothing to do with POE2, although they used the same game engine.  The infantry in POE2 is screwed, you must use a vehicle or you will get your purple heart.  There's a lot of vehicles, but f.i. the tanks are too east to destroy.  I think a good pilot here has total advantage.
To resume I think it's a good mod, but it's just a 7 for it, score helped by the nice maps.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6473
I would give it a seven, I like all the stuff but the guns are unrealisticly inaccurate and the maps are way to open. Also the rounds have 600 tickets so they last to long. but all else is excellent and I have to say it is one of the best made mods there is though I won't stop playing BF2 altogether in favor of it. I really agree with sergeriver on almost all things.
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©
+112|6587|Brisbane Australia
Well outta all the games I have now played on PoE2 I aint never got a ratio that would normally give you a purple heart (which you will never get due to it being an unranked mod).

I nearly always play infantry anyway so perhaps I am just more accustomed to running about all the time but even my last round score I think I had 19 kills to 21 deaths (yeah yeah succky stats but still noy bad enough to achieve a purple heart)
truE_Undi$puted
Banned
+2|6510|UK
I would give it an 8, just for the fact that the people who play it aren't total n00bs who have just had their mummys buy a game for them, and for the totally magnificent Fallen map which I can play on maxed graphics
misfire00
Lead Magnet
+26|6786|Charleston SC - USA
I give it a 9. It's more enjoyable to play because of the teamwork and I don't have to focus on stats and awards. The tanks seem more realistic and the weapon sounds are incredible. Don't care to much about planes and helo's except it's really satisfying taking them out with the main gun on a MBT.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6762|Argentina
The purple heart thing wasn't literally.  In fact, I played as infantry and got favorable stats, but the weapons have a very bad accuracy, so that's why if you don't use the vehicles you are screwed.  The maps are too big for infantry, and the tickets, well cmon.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6762|Argentina
I mean, it's a mod, it's free and only for that it deserves a good qualification.  But if I would have to pay U$S 50 for the game, I think I would be a little dissapointed.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6742

Giving this Mod a 10? No, there are alot of issues that need to be sorted out. Needs more armies, if they fix that, than they get a 10/10!
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6628|Camp XRay

I am giving it a ten. A muthafu@#in TEN!
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Scratch[USA]
+105|6552
I give it a 8.  It would be a nine or ten if they add some other armies.  I would play a lot more if I was not only 7k away from Sgt. Major.  Great addition to the BF2 family. 
Not to mention the loading music is very good.

Last edited by Scratch[USA] (2006-09-01 07:27:41)

SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6654|Hong Kong
No way, not a ten ever. I think this mod is bit too overrated, the guns are inaccurate, you could definately get several purple hearts playing it and the maps are too big for infantry. The only good thing is the extreme realism of the sounds...when I first heard them I was really surprised.
Crestfallen
+27|6454|England, Leicester
Giving it an 8 here.  The game play is solid and the sounds in this game are incredible.  Beautifully made, but still sharing the problems of BF2.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6539|Valhalla
Gave it an 8
I’ve only played it for a show time but it is probably the best MOD out there. More than likely I wont play it allot due to the fact that its not ranked.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6552

SmilingBuddha wrote:

No way, not a ten ever. I think this mod is bit too overrated, the guns are inaccurate, you could definately get several purple hearts playing it and the maps are too big for infantry. The only good thing is the extreme realism of the sounds...when I first heard them I was really surprised.
I agree on the sounds.  Fantastic.  Some maps are too big for infantry, but BF2 is the same way.  The Hind holding 6 extra people and the Germany transport chopper make up for that.  As far as purple hearts, it will be that way on any new map you play for the first couple of times.  Because you do not know the surroundings and what is the most likely path the enemy will take.

Last edited by Scratch[USA] (2006-09-01 07:28:12)

Afrika_18
+26|6547
I give it an 8.  I'd give it a 10, but the graphics I find are not nearly as refined as BF2 (play it for a half-hour, then load vanilla, and you'll see what I mean).  Love the vehicles.  Tank combat is far superior to vanilla.  And the sounds are almost enough to make me ignore the bad graphics.  Right now, I spend about 2 hours/night on POE and 1hr/bf2.  Good mod.
Afrika_18
+26|6547

Scratch[USA] wrote:

SmilingBuddha wrote:

I agree on the sounds.  Fantastic.  Some maps are too big for infantry, but BF2 is the same way.  The Hind holding 6 extra people and the Germany transport chopper make up for that.  As far as purple hearts, it will be that way on any new map you play for the first couple of times.  Because you do not know the surroundings and what is the most likely path the enemy will take.
Excellent point.
ssj3barua
+55|6694|Indianapolis, IN, U.S.
8 I think its a great mod, and I love how stat/rank whores stay far away.
kaptainflam
+2|6719
Hello,
I prefer OPK (Operation Peace Keeper) !
Cheers.
KF.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6762|Argentina
I think one of POE2 great things is it is unranked.  Things to fix: the weapons accuracy, the endurance of the vehicles, the tickets are a lot to finish the match, the graphics aren't as smooth as BF2.
Crestfallen
+27|6454|England, Leicester

sergeriver wrote:

I think one of POE2 great things is it is unranked.  Things to fix: the weapons accuracy, the endurance of the vehicles, the tickets are a lot to finish the match, the graphics aren't as smooth as BF2.
Now I can't see that.  I really like the graphics in PoE, they are refreshing, but then it's probably because I have been playing BF2 too much.  Still though, I think I prefer them to the original game.
Alleycat1969
+21|6761
I will give it a 9 as it is not perfect, but hey thats what a development team will do add/fix problems and gives us an update in about 9 months time with another 11 great maps and goodies to play with..
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6700|Mountains of West Virginia

I used to get really bad K/D when I first started playing, but that is slowly changing. But who the fuck cares about my K/D? Its not ranked. Im just playing to have fun. The minute you become more worried about your stats than fun, you need to stop playing.

Sounds are excelent, I love that Air and Armor, as well as those nice AA turrets.
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6649|United States - Illinois

SmilingBuddha wrote:

-The guns are accurate if you burst fire.
-If you get several purple hearts then you suck pretty bady because it isnt that hard to kill and not die.(its not ranked anyways so who cares....why don;t you play to have fun)
-Have you not played fallen/orel(sp) because if you have you should not be bitchign about infantry maps...they are the BEST infantry maps i have ever played.

Fallen is different every time you play.  You could get lost in those woods after taking 20 steps with no mimimap.   And the idea of having the possibility of guys on all 4 sides at any giving moment is thrilling.

Maps are big but there are a lot of vehicles.  Helos are awesome. Planes (havent used much yet)
AA is awesome.  Tanks are awesome.

And the complaint about not having enough armies is null because they are adding U.S. and another i think soon enough with more maps. 

For a free mod this is way better then EU and AF combined and i payed for them.

Oh yeah less lag, less disconnects, and less dropping to desktop

Score = 9.999999999999999999999999

Last edited by Colfax (2006-09-01 08:46:52)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6711|Antarctica
8.5.  Simply because this is a first release and there are a few bugs/things that haven't been added or changed yet.  I think that gameplay wise its nearly as good and balanced as your gonna get.
SamuraiDogg
+2|6622|Germany | Nationality Turkish
A great Mod but I give it only a 7, cause in many maps there are way to much vehicles. More infantry maps pls.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard