RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6778|Oxferd Ohire
yes, i miss the good old days. even though i sucked
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6541|so randum
i agree with some of the previous posters, instead of nerfing the bh guns, they should hav jus made the guns on the mi28, z8, better! the blackhawk wasnt overpowered, it was REALISTIC, something which everyone bitchs about in this game, but when it arrives, everyone bitches more
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
l41e
+677|6689

It seems that "OMG1337DEATHSTICK" has caught on.

[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6549

fatherted13 wrote:

i agree with some of the previous posters, instead of nerfing the bh guns, they should hav jus made the guns on the mi28, z8, better! the blackhawk wasnt overpowered, it was REALISTIC, something which everyone bitchs about in this game, but when it arrives, everyone bitches more
What is realistic about repairing rocket and machine-gun damage in mid-air while still circling the battle?!?!?!  What the hell are you talking about? 

The early days were for noobs and exploiters to sit in the BH and do absolutely nothing remotely resembling skill.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6541|so randum
i didnt say anything about the engineers in the back being realistic lol, all i sed is that the guns wher realistic, which they were, calm down lol
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
oberst_enzian
+234|6784|melb.au

airborne916 wrote:

Rember when a black hawk could protect it's self from AA and PKM whores on the ground? I do, and i sure do miss it. Even if i was the one getting raped on the ground. This was when BF2 was most fun...
the bh used to heaps of fun. now its next to useless. game is less fun now. why would they intentionally make the game less fun? why???? and yeah, hearing one coming in, and the fear and loathing it would inspire, the sudden frantic hunt for a good hiding spot, is in my experience one of the more memorable moments of BF2, and it sucks that we cannot have that anymore.

that's right, stick that 'exploiters and noobs' bullshit up your arse, i miss getting pwned by the BH as much as i miss using it. all this spastic "skillz" talk gives me the shits; it's always perpetrated in the name of nerfing things because people (1) can't adapt to them, and (2) think that the game should be fair and even all of the time. its just a way to try to ensure that everyone can have a happy time all at the same time - how the fuck can a wargame cater to that? someone has to be getting pwned at any one time - that's the fucking goal of the game. Instead of nerfing the BH they should have made the flying cow stronger.

level the playing field to the point where all of the intense memorable moments are gone, what do you have left? a very sterile experience.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-08-31 17:09:37)

[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6549

fatherted13 wrote:

i didnt say anything about the engineers in the back being realistic lol, all i sed is that the guns wher realistic, which they were, calm down lol

o.k., I guess I sounded like I'm actually mad..    but man those BH's were just silly back in the day.

I disagree, however, about the guns being realistic - since one shot from pretty much any real life gun is enough to kill or disable.  In RL a 20mm would rip you apart, and a 7.62mm in the torso would stop anyone.  2 or more shots per person is unrealistic, and unrealistic is a GOOD thing as far as guns go since the battles would be too quick.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6541|so randum

[mcp]eltorrente wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

o.k., I guess I sounded like I'm actually mad..    but man those BH's were just silly back in the day.

I disagree, however, about the guns being realistic - since one shot from pretty much any real life gun is enough to kill or disable.  In RL a 20mm would rip you apart, and a 7.62mm in the torso would stop anyone.  2 or more shots per person is unrealistic, and unrealistic is a GOOD thing as far as guns go since the battles would be too quick.
yeh fair enough, at least u admitted u sounded mad lol, most guys just go mental and flame some more. i agree with u about unrealism can be good, otherwise this game would be boring to a point, however, the blackhawk guns deserve to be realistic, cos im sick of playin wake to see the usmc get owned every time, as the pla, it gets borin after a while, gettin a 2 point round lol, while the j10'ers get 70+ perhaps the mashtuur map chopper should be replaced with somthing different, a merlin for example, as on that map, it was unbalanced, but the usmc gets the bh on all the other maps
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6546|Alabama, United States
I'm Sorry, but WHO DIDN'T LOVE THAT BLACK HAWK!
They could have just removed flag capping from helicopters (like in PoE2)
Not to mention the Blackhawk didn't handle like an attack chopper or anything, AND it has NO anti-armor capability.
I don't EVER remember it being unbelievably ridiculously over-powered.
I DO remember it pwning the n00bs that ran out in front of the gunners while it was hovering and got killed while crying, "omg bh is imba"
Now it's nothing more than a big flying coffin.
/tear
^ in remembrance of the good ol' days.

And why can't the U.S. get a Seahawk on Carrier levels, with perhaps the Mini-guns and faster flare regen, or something.

While on regular levels they get a Blackhawk with shitty flares and PLA/MEC equivalent guns?
(Just a thought, becuase if I remember right, standard blackhawks have shitty countermeasures,(reason they always got shot down) and the seahawks the marines/navy use are a better quality blackhawk... or something like that)

Last edited by Hellfire(Fish) (2006-08-31 17:47:24)

Defiance
+438|6712

God had a penis, and it was called the blackhawk.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6624|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The MEC and PLA have the jet advantage, why can't the USMC have the full chopper advantage?
Defiance
+438|6712

Reject_Wolf wrote:

The MEC and PLA have the jet advantage, why can't the USMC have the full chopper advantage?
I'm tempted not to agree with you because you're a bastard bunny hopper, but I will anyways.
phnxfrhwk
+14|6713|Just outside of baltimore, Md.
I miss the good old days of flying around on Songua Stalemate. not flag hopping but just using it as an impliment of death and destruction. Sniffle. And every single one of those PLA guys coming back anti tank and shooting those nasty little missles so close that you can read the serial numbers on them...oh that was fun. I miss those days. I could care less about the armor or any other aspect of it just bring back those guns!
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6626|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
I admit that the BH was a little too good, but EA fucked it up beyond use.  Now, instead of trying to kill things with it, you wanna run away to save a death.  Instead of completely taking away the area damage, they should have just toned it down a little bit, what they did was way too extreme in response to all the stupid noobs.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6868|Australia

Greenspan wrote:

WTF!!!! YOU NOOBS! NO I don't miss the old days. That was one of the few things EA has done to actually IMPROVE the game, and you guys are day-dreaming about it. HOLY CRAP!
Do we burn him now, or wait for a big group??
Disodium
+13|6555|Sydney
Before:
*VOIP Message* Blackhawk inbound take cover...
Everyone ducks for cover so not to be seen or 'chopped' and its a mad rush to get away or get to some sort of AA..

Now:
*VOIP Message* Theres a blackhawk coming..
Everyone continues on there way doing what they were doing or jumps in a mounted gun or nad spams below it to catch any people chuting out.

IMO they should of removed capping inside a black hawk totally and made it useless against everything excluding light vechiles and infantry.
So that way it can be used for what it should be for.. Transport and Air-Ground Support.
airborne916
+24|6706

Disodium wrote:

Before:
*VOIP Message* Blackhawk inbound take cover...
Everyone ducks for cover so not to be seen or 'chopped' and its a mad rush to get away or get to some sort of AA..

Now:
*VOIP Message* Theres a blackhawk coming..
Everyone continues on there way doing what they were doing or jumps in a mounted gun or nad spams below it to catch any people chuting out.

IMO they should of removed capping inside a black hawk totally and made it useless against everything excluding light vechiles and infantry.
So that way it can be used for what it should be for.. Transport and Air-Ground Support.
yeah the hawk is a joke.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6671|Washington, DC

I miss my pretty little Blackhawk . I am pissed that I was a CS addiict when BF2 came out. I could run on medium graphics OK on maps like mashtuur... it's too bad I started really getting into the game around the time that 1.2 came out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard